Breaking Bad final episodes [fake spoilers* in OP]

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Breaking Bad final episodes [fake spoilers* in OP]

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Will Walt Jr. Give up his sports car since it was obviously bought with bloody drug money?
F-F-F-F-F BAWNFIAH!!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

I am definitely not having an A1 life after this show is over =(

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Riot wrote:I am definitely not having an A1 life after this show is over =(
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm

I have a friend who worked on Breaking Bad. Here's a few behind the scenes pics if anybody cares!

Walt dancing with some nazis:

My friend and Bryan:

lol Huell:

jealous:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm

I have more friends that work on BB! however I will not steal their fb pics because I dont want to piss them off plus there are mad spoilers
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Need for meth, need for speed... Jesse cannot stay away from drugs.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:18 pm

No surprise twists. I thought the finale was very safe and the fate of the characters all ended up being what people expected. Note that I didn't say it was bad, not at all, it was just safe. I felt the ricin was maybe a tad bit forced but the writers were able to salvage themselves and put a thing that was made way the fuck back in season one to use so kudos to them.

Unimportant things that were not explained:

What was up with the Jesse woodworking scene? I realize that it is explicitly showing the box he talked about in NA that he made years ago that he ultimately sold for some weed but why show it? Sure, it served for a neat transition but the finale seemed like a weird place to put that.

How the fuck did Walt find Badger and Skinny Pete? Why would they cooperate with Walt? Are they not aware of the national news that is surrounding Walt?

How the fuck did Walt know where to find Skylar? I guess you could hand-wave it off and say that the disappearing guy told them where they lived.

Who the fuck is going to cook all the meth now?!?!?!?

Anyway, Walt telling Skylar that he enjoyed all the meth cooking and Jesse not killing Walt I felt were great moments in the finale and the final standoff between Walt and Jesse was solid and tense. All in all it was a good finale, I'd say upper-mid tier. It's not quite Six Feet Under finale good but it is sure as fuck better than the Lost or the Dexter finale.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:29 am

I thought it was pretty good. We had a discussion about TV show endings not too long ago, and generally agreed they're never very good. This one is an exception.
How the fuck did Walt find Badger and Skinny Pete? Why would they cooperate with Walt? Are they not aware of the national news that is surrounding Walt?

They want that money. When did they ever care about the law? Also, they have incredibly stable hands to be able to hold a laser pointer that still from a distance. Those things dance all over the place.

You're right about the Ricin. It was very adventure-gamey.
> Inventory
You have:
Ricin
Lottery Ticket

>Use Ricin on Stevia packet.
You put the Ricin in the Stevia packet.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 am

I feel like as long as the finale of a show isn't God awful then it's "good" or at the very least serviceable. Breaking Bad is definitely one of those shows that will be remembered as being a good as fuck series which I feel is pretty impressive since a lot of shows live or die by their finale.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm

merk I agree with most of your post. Maybe I was just really into the episode but I felt like the woodworking flashback worked and fit pretty well. For such a long, concurrent time now we've seen jesse as this person that has never been innocent, has always been horrible, and I think that view of him kind of took away from his current suffering. being enslaved and having his girly shot and all that. That scene served to humanize him pretty well and reminded us he was once at least somewhat as innocent as walt, and not just a druggie that can be thrown away

I think the ricin thing felt pretty good, I'm probably biased tho cuz I just wanted that bitch to die. I think a big part of walts motivation for that, that made it somewhat predictable is skylar telling him that men came and threatened his babby child over lydia. So of course he's going to want her out of the picture.

that was such a good way to end television. what will we watch now :(

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Everyone always says The Wire is really good, but haven't seen that. I also hear Oz and Orange Is The New Black are good. I still haven't ever seen The Sopranos either.

Man, I want more BB though. Heisenbaby: Holly Strikes Back

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm checking out Attack on Titan. It's anime, and I'm not making any effort to defend it.

I doubt anything will be as good as BrBa for a while, so I'm taking a break from TV dramas.

EDIT: I'm going to miss coming to IndyDDR to talk about shows like BrBa and Dexter.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah, it kind of sucks that TV might as well die but you guys can always get hooked on Football and talk about it every week!

Game of Thrones is probably the "King of TV" now that BrBa is dead but it's kind of hard to talk about that show since the spoilers and plot points have literally been on book shelves for a decade.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

I can highly recommend Orange Is The New Black, it's only one season so easy to marathon. Torrented it and watched it all a while back, it was pretty good. Definitely a new take on the whole "prison life", in an enjoyable and lighthearted way

also yeah GoT is amazing, i'd watch all of it and get caught up if you haven't

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:11 am