Breaking Bad final episodes [fake spoilers* in OP]

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Breaking Bad final episodes [fake spoilers* in OP]

Post by Potter » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:05 pm

honkkkkkkkkkkk
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm

honk, his name was honk

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 pm

that was probably the single most ridiculous piece of television I've ever seen
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 am

God damn shit got real.

Oddly enough the fake spoilers called that Jesse would be taken captive and forced to cook meth. I mean, sure they got the group that he cooks for wrong, but it's kind of interesting nonetheless.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 pm

and yeah jesse got so fucked but thats what you get for fucking around!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh my. That was quite an episode.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:26 am

Potter wrote:and yeah jesse got so fucked but thats what you get for fucking around!
jesse y u no cook 4 mi u go get hi den buy big stereo wit frends u dum lol bang bang
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Lately it is kinda painful to watch Walt Jr. act. I can't believe only two more episodes =(

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... -call.html pretty good article

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm

damn I thought there was only one episode left. so much shit is gunna go downnn

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 am

I like this theory:

Last we saw on “Ozymandias” Hank is dead, Gomez is dead, Jesse is held captive by the Nazis forced to cook meth. To complicate things Flynn now knows that Walter has been cooking meth. In a series of unfortunate escalating events Walt has been exiled from his home with only 11 million in a barrel and a trip in the ominous red van.

We know from outside sources that Gretchen is returning for the last two episodes of Breaking Bad. (I found the source from an interview, but its been spread around here hopefully a commenter can post it). While people suggest that Gretchen’s return will be in the form of a flashback, I oppose that belief:
If you examine season 1 episode 5, “Gray Matter”, you’ll notice a few things are off. The episode revolves around a visit to the Schwartz household. As soon as Walt and Skyler arrive something is already amiss. We notice that everyone is dressed in beige except for Walt and Skyler who showed up in blue. In the show it’s explained by Skyler simply stating that perhaps they “missed the memo”, however, I posit that this indicates that Skyler and Walt are outside of a loop that everyone else is a part of. One thing that we’re aware of that everyone has in common (which we found out through a brief encounter between Walt and some of Elliot’s colleagues) is wealth and Gray Matter.

There are a lot of questions that are left unanswered. For example why is Gray Matter so lucrative in the first place? We’re aware that they have to do with neuroimaging/chemistry. However, this monumental wealth where they own a library, a mansion, are presented Stratocasters signed by Eric Clapton, drive Bentleys, and offer to pay Walt’s chemotherapy in full seems a bit farfetched. In this show the only businesses that have provided vast amounts of wealth have been criminal enterprises. Beneke’s book fraud, Saul Goodman’s money-making off criminals, Walt’s Car Wash being funded via meth, Laundromat with meth superlab underneath, Vamonos Pests, that German company with the toilet defib combo, Los Pollos Hermanos. Gus Fring had a successful business with Los Pollos Hermanos but secretly ran what we now assume is the most powerful meth operation in New Mexico. Gray matter is also a business, and tradition would state their money is not all legitimate.

Who runs the meth business outside of New Mexico? Who are the Czechs? The Czechs are the unknown business partners of Lydia that we’ve yet to encounter. My theory is that the ultimate “boss battle” will prove to between the two Germans - Heisenberg and Schwartz - White vs Black. The top dog in the meth business is Gray Matter which is serving as a front the way Los Pollos Hermanos did for Gus. (For an eerie foreboding watch episode 105 during Gretchen / Walt’s phone conversation at the end of the episode)

Why would the show take this turn? It’s not a turn. This is an escalation from what we’ve experienced so far. Walt started his meth cooking journey because he wanted to leave money behind for his family after his battle with cancer. During “Gray Matter” Elliot offers to pay for his cancer treatment and employ him for his company - Walt declines. We find ourselves now with Walt no longer having the family he aimed to secure. Walt once again is losing the battle against cancer. Would it not stand to reason that Walt’s initial bitterness and anger towards Gray Matter’s success off his work would also make a return? If Gray Matter is in fact the Czechs then all Walt would have done throughout the series is provide the majority of the profit for Gray Matter while once again he only has only a portion.

This is the most poetically justified ending. Walt will have allowed his pride to get in-between himself and the best possible treatment and closure for his family. Instead he turns to the violent meth business and loses his family and a large portion of his money in the process, voiding the progress he’s made. Walter White has been running in place. Walter wanted to break away from the shackles of Gray Matter only to find himself in the same cell.

The argument will be made that Walt’s current predicament does not allow for him to arrive at a confrontation with Gray Matter, but there’s some suggestion that there’s more than enough time.

First, Walt will need a reason to go against Gray Matter. That reason could come in the form of Saul reiterating what Marie has told him. That there is no proof that he’s no longer producing the blue meth as long as he’s around. Right. But also the preview suggests that Saul might be extending the DEA’s delivery of guilt to Walt’s family if the blue meth continues to be made. Walt will now need to intervene in the production of meth to save his family. That is, Walt will need to stop the neo-Nazis from producing their precious cash cow.

The neo-Nazis are a formidable opponent… there is no denying it. However, they do have very obvious weaknesses. Their lack of aim in a desert aside, we are painfully aware of how few *beep* they give about their own safety. Uncle Jack believes America is turning into a “Nancy State.” When Todd cooks the meth Uncle Jack and his merry band of Nazis do not don gas masks. A simple method of taking them out of the picture could be some arm twisting to Lydia and supplying them with a lethal dose of unscented gas. Recall Walt respects the chemistry and would likely be able to eliminate them without having to fire a shot.

If they’re dead, then why would he go after Gray Matter? He would want to end the totality of the sales of blue meth. Get to the number one again. Gus, but bigger. He might ask Lydia to a meeting with the “Czechs” (again, some arm-twisting might come in the form of threatening her daughter) only to find her confessing to him that their base is right there in New Mexico. To Walt’s surprise, the address provided to him is that of the Schwartz.

Executive Producer: Vince Gilligan

This final encounter might explain the M60 and ricin. A chemical approach may be too fargone from Heisenberg at this point and a savage machine gun death may need to take place. The ricin would be for himself. He would assume that after disposing of the Schwartz, the demons who took his choices, he would make his final choice (a topic alluded to in 105) and opt out. However, as in the true sentiment of the show, I find it unlikely that he’ll make his final choice. Although I have a detailed and well-imagined shot by shot of the final two episodes, I would like to allow the readers their take on this twist. (Upon request I’d make a quick write-up)

An interesting note is that according to a recent radio announcement I listened to on my way to school, the remaining Breaking Bad episodes will run 75 minutes each. With two episodes we have an additional 20-30 minutes more than we’re used to. This suggests that the remaining story line will run long and could fit the theory if the fear is that it might be lengthier than we’re used to.

Ladder of power / boss battles: Crazy 8 -> Tuco -> Mexicans -> Gus -> Neo-Nazis -> Gray Matter

Questions this theory further examines: Why did Walt leave Gray Matter? Why did they question Walt if he was Elliot’s partner in business, when it should seem obvious that Gretchen would be?

TL;DR –Businesses in Breaking Bad have shady ways of making money. Gray Matter is no exception. The evidence provided above indicates that we should expect a confrontation between Heisenberg and the Schwartz. Unfortunately for Walt his attempt at providing for his family without any intervention from Gray Matter has been meaningless seeing as the bulk of his profit has been going to Gray Matter in the form of meth sales. Walt always regretted Gray Matter making money off his genius. This conclusion provides a full circle where Walt still provides unimaginable profits to Gray Matter while remaining downtrodden.

http://i.imgur.com/n0CCNdh.png

Note the two chickens in Gretchen's home.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:38 am

That's a little far-fetched.

With one episode left, clearly everything is gearing for a fatal confrontation between Walt and the Nazis. Since Walt has nothing left to live for, I'm going to guess that Walt is going to use the ricin on himself right before he goes to murder the Nazis. Walt goes to the Nazi camp fully expecting to die in a gunfight but he miraculously survives and kills all the Nazi mans. He does from the ricin.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:58 am

The last scene will be Walt leaving ABQ after taking care of Jesse as revenge for getting Hank killed. He arrives at the airport, sits down, has a scotch while he's waiting watching the news. But little does he know Jesse made a few arrangements of his own.

Walt gets on the plane and feels something is wrong, but can't put his finger on it. He's staring out of the window as they take off. A stewardess comes by and offers him a drink, he takes one to try and get his mind off things and stop being paranoid. He sits back and reminisces about the people who've gone to get him where he is now. Jesse. Hank. Mike. Gus. Hector. Jane. Then he stops, and drops his drink. Jane. It's all coming together. In horror, he turns and looks out the window, and sees the other plane heading straight for him. The shot turns into the plane's POV, camera stuck on the very tip, and we see Walt screaming against the window like Count Olaf before cut to black.

In the air traffic control, we see Don in profile reclining, a tear running down his cheek. 'Never give up on family' he says. The camera slow pans around, and we see the half of his face ruined through shooting himself has been saved through a face transplant from Gus's good half.

Directed by Vince Gilligan.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Will Walt Jr. Give up his sports car since it was obviously bought with bloody drug money?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Will Walt Jr. Give up his sports car since it was obviously bought with bloody drug money?
yeah right

DUH DUH DUH DUH DI DI DIEE DIE DA DA DADD GO AWAY