TV time

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: TV time

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:43 pm

anyone that hopes 3d dies out hasn't experienced proper native 3D shot by someone who knows how to use the medium in narrative form

by golly I hope that darn color tv dies out
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Honestly if someone can do 3D, not make it look like shit, and not make it so that I have to wear glasses to do it then I'll be all aboard the 3D train.

I realize I'm in the minority but as a glasses wearer I feel inconvenienced to have to wear some hipster-looking shit in order to watch a movie, since I wear prescription glasses the 3D glasses never sit right on my head and unless I am sitting in ~the perfect seats~ in a theater I basically have tunnel vision and have to move my head around to see the whole shot in 3D.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Honestly if someone can do 3D, not make it look like shit, and not make it so that I have to wear glasses to do it then I'll be all aboard the 3D train.
http://www.irtlive.com/

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Merk wrote:Honestly if someone can do 3D, not make it look like shit, and not make it so that I have to wear glasses to do it then I'll be all aboard the 3D train.

I realize I'm in the minority but as a glasses wearer I feel inconvenienced to have to wear some hipster-looking shit in order to watch a movie, since I wear prescription glasses the 3D glasses never sit right on my head and unless I am sitting in ~the perfect seats~ in a theater I basically have tunnel vision and have to move my head around to see the whole shot in 3D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostereoscopy

as a fellow glasses wearer I halfway understand. I had that worry, however the imax 3d glasses fit great over prescrip glasses, and they make tons of 3d glasses designed to be worn over prescrip glasses.

However Im moving to contacts soon. Glasses are annoying in just about every facet of life
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Glasses make you look smrt.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am

Potter wrote:anyone that hopes 3d dies out hasn't experienced proper native 3D shot by someone who knows how to use the medium in narrative form

by golly I hope that darn color tv dies out
I've seen some fantastic 3D. I agree that it is quite impressive when done well. I just more often have outside factors detract from the experience to the point that it outweighs any perceived benefit I might be getting from the 3D.

My best example is that whenever I go to see an IMAX 3D movie, I usually have to exchange my glasses a couple times to get one that hasn't been warped by the cleaning process to the point that it creates weird glare and image distortions. I have looked into simply purchasing my own glasses that I can own and maintain myself, but even IMAX has said they simply don't sell them to consumers (a shame since getting RealD glasses is pretty easy).

I guess if I would use a single word to describe my relationship with 3D it would be "unnecessary."

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I liked 3D. When I have disposable income I'll probably get a 3D Monitor.
By that point in time they'll probably be cheaper and hopefully glasses-less or something by then.