DEXTER KAWAIII: Season 8

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: DEXTER KAWAIII: Season 8

Post by Merk » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 am

Yeah the writers were awful when it came to technology shit to the point where it feels like parody. I think in season 6 when Miami Metro was chasing Tom Hanks Jr after they found some Youtube of him being threatening there was a scene where they were like, "Hey let's use the IP address of this video and find out where he recorded this!" and they end up at some park and they ask a groundsman, "Hey is this your IP address?" and the guy responds, "Uh, yeah, that's my IP address"

It's like, God damn, did they even try? Did some Journalism dropout write this shit and the other writers in the room, who are also Journalism drop outs, silently nod their heads as they were whiteboarding this shit and think that that is how the internet works? I mean, Dexter is full of tech bullshit but your average Showtime viewer can probably tell you that an IP address can't tell you the physical address of a place. Besides, who the fuck knows what their IP address is off the top of their head?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Well... that ending was worse than I'd expected. "I guess he's dead OR IS HE?!?!" is about as bad as "it was all a dream." How did he end up driving through a storm and end up 1,000 miles away? Who cares! Why isn't he telling us what he's thinking in his final moments when that's what he's done in every single episode? Hey, fuck you!

At least Harrison is getting some ice cream. The end.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:28 am

You sat through the entire 8th season, you are a bigger man than I.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:35 am

Are there any other shows out there that had a similar trajectory of quality like Dexter? I hear Weeds (another Showtime show!) started off really good then got really bad but I've never watched an episode.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:21 am

Weeds def like that.

Lost... well let's not get started.

Heroes I've heard took a dive.

Some might argue The Simpsons, but the current episodes aren't really all that bad.

Community definitely started to slip in the last two seasons.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am

Lost was bad from soup to nuts but man it certainly had cliff hangers and the ability to did suck people in with hopes that there would be some sort of payoff explanation about why all the weird shit was happening. Nope! Ambiguous spiritual ending.

Man, I haven't watched The Simpsons since the 90s. I guess the show still makes Fox money since it's been on since the God damn 80s. The voice actors for that show have to have an abnormally high "income per hour worked" ratio.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 pm

They're bringing this shitwreck of a show back apparently:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ted-series

Season 1 and 4 were good everything else was pretty, pretty bad

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Wow, they have to be absolutely desperate for content

REMEMBER DEXTER!?? REMEMBERRRR!?!!!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:52 am

Yeah Capitalism has basically destroyed entertainment like it does for everything. You can't take risks anymore and everything lives or dies by the seat of its pants so the only logical decision to make is to churn out bullshit cheaply on proven IPs. That's why everything is a reboot or a Marvel movie. Entertainment has entered the age of shovelware

Anyway here's the teaser for the next season of this shitty show that we all used to love

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Episode 9: 9.6/10
Finale: 4.5/10

Dexter fans are the real victims of this show.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 am

oh man, guys

I started watching the new reboot and got 2 or 3 episodes in. I was finding it pretty meh but it made me realize how little I remembered of the original show. So I've been rewatching the entire original show, I'm on season 6 now. Some thoughts:

It really does get gradually worse, almost perfectly in order. season 1 was actually incredible TV for its time and is still a great watch. same with season 2. Doakes was an incredible character and was perfectly casted lmao. season 3 starts to fall off but it's still watchable. Season 4, everything is meh and it should be a boring watch but holy SHIT casting john lithgow as a serial killer was the greatest decision of all time, I was dying at half his scenes. I mean honestly:

peak acting

season 5 was not offensive but super forgettable. season 6 is now entering the realm of getting on my nerves with how overtly they're trying to force the spooky religion themes and everything, it's just really campy. Not looking forward to seasons 7 and 8. Once I make it through those though imma go back and finish out New Blood

also, I still think jennifer carpenter is hot af. wild she was only 27 in season 1, now she's in her 40s. we old
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:21 pm

oh my GOD I completely forgot about them trying to wedge in some weird incest shit with deb wanting to fuck dexter out of nowhere at the end of season 6. what the fuck