Help me decide on a new phone

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Help me decide on a new phone

Post by WyomingMyst » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Sup everyone!

I am trying to decide on a new phone and I am thinking on making it the first step in a series of tech upgrades. Right now I am narrowing it down to either the Apple iPhone 5 or the Samsung Galaxy note 2. Reason for the note 2 is the stylus, large screen and what appears to be good drawing apps and possibly make the phone double as a semi-decent tablet, however I think iOS devices have optional stylus accessories. I also haven't had good experience with Samsung in the past. Apple mainly because of exclusive apps (especially BEMANI apps). If I got a iPhone though, I fear I would be nickeled and dime like crazy because I think the Apple Marketplace is not as "free" as Google Play.

Evenutally I will also need to start upgrading technology, I really could use a tablet, but again it comes down to which device has apps I want. Same with the eventual replacement of my computer... lol, and I am sacred to mess with Windows 8. How effective are macs these days?

Decisions... decisions...

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Help me decide on a new phone

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Macs are crazy expensive.

I like Android devices, but it all depends on the apps I suppose. You won't find much of anything Bemani on Android, but the screen is so small on an iphone, I doubt you'd really want to play games on it anyway. I use Chrome, Google Voice, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Maps, and a whole mess of other products that integrate very well. I know people with the Note 2 that really like it. I sort of wish I had one.

Bottom line, you won't have a bad experience with ios, android, or windows mobile (whatever they call it.) Get a blackberry.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Post by WyomingMyst » Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Well games would wait for the tablet investment really. However the decision of the phone would also determine the tablet in the long run (and probably the computer).

Of course I will never be able to totally get rid of Windows (due to work related applications and some games). However I am wanting to start using a computer that will work nicely with the phone and other devices.

Also it is possible to get apps from both Japanese and US iOS markets right? (You just need two seperate accounts if I am not mistaken but apps can go on the same device.)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 am

WyomingMyst wrote:Well games would wait for the tablet investment really. However the decision of the phone would also determine the tablet in the long run (and probably the computer).

Of course I will never be able to totally get rid of Windows (due to work related applications and some games). However I am wanting to start using a computer that will work nicely with the phone and other devices.

Also it is possible to get apps from both Japanese and US iOS markets right? (You just need two seperate accounts if I am not mistaken but apps can go on the same device.)
As I understand it. Talk to Daniel Renner.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Shouldn't matter between ios or android cause both have Lulu app.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
WyomingMyst wrote:Well games would wait for the tablet investment really. However the decision of the phone would also determine the tablet in the long run (and probably the computer).

Separate accounts are necessary for each market. I can confirm this as an iPad owner.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Amp

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Post by WyomingMyst » Sat May 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:

Separate accounts are necessary for each market. I can confirm this as an iPad owner.
But it is possible with separate accounts to get content on a single device right? If so, good.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm

It is. You will have to switch your login between the two accounts, but that's really the only thing I had to do.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!