Would anyone like to explain this to me? DDR X2 at GW.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Would anyone like to explain this to me? DDR X2 at GW.

Post by WyomingMyst » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Here is the laugh of the day.

This is at the Gameworks in Schaumburg, IL. This is the DDR X2 (not DDR X) machine's player 1 left dance panel. The panel itself broke so they were installing a replacement. Though why would anyone swap the brackets and step sensors with these red micro buttons? Seriously?!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Would anyone like to explain this to me? DDR X2 at GW.

Post by MonMotha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 pm

AFAIK, that's how Betson built them.

According to somebody I talked to who worked at Betson, that's how Konami told them to build it, at least for original DDR X, but I don't really believe it. I suspect it was just a cost-cutting measure. Too bad they cut costs on the most important part of the device, and it STILL cost like $10k...

Mind you, this is the first time I've seen the inside of one of them. Can't say I'm surprised, though, given how it feels when playing on it. WAY too much travel.

Note that these are NOT built the same way as Japanese stages. I don't know how the current Japanese stages are built, but everybody seems to agree they work way better, so clearly they're different somehow.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Would anyone like to explain this to me? DDR X2 at GW.

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 am

I play home version by sticking a plastic panel on my PS2 controller and stomping on it. I don't see what could go wrong.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.