UPDATE! NAMCO DM Conference came and gone. Limited news.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

UPDATE! NAMCO DM Conference came and gone. Limited news.

Post by WyomingMyst » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Please keep this under the hood, however my company's DM conference is coming up. What this is that all of the district managers for NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT Inc. get together for a few days, scream at each other then leave with a feeling like a weight has been lifted off their chest. Lol. However this is a ripe time for customer feedback to reach our executives and just might have a direct impact in my company's operations. So feel free to dream here and give your suggestions.

A few reminders:
NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT Inc. is NOT the same as BANDAI NAMCO GAMES Inc (the video game developers) or NAMCO AMERICA Inc. (the North American NAMCO Arcade Game Manufacturer), we are the global provider (outside of Japan and the United Kingdom) for arcade machine amusement to contractors to major companies like Walmart, AMC Theaters, and premiere locations.
In Indiana, we mostly operate Walmarts and movie theaters, however we also have the Carribean Cove Water Park and Resort located on the northern stretch of I-465 and the Walter's Fun Center in Evansville, IN.
I have some influence in the company but really I do what I am told. Any suggestions provided will be delivered, but I cannot guarantee we can act on any of them.
Last edited by WyomingMyst on Thu May 02, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Re: NAMCO DM Conference coming up, let your voice be heard!

Post by Pokebis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 pm

I want more bemani games. Specifically Pop'n and IIDX. There's my dreams.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Re: NAMCO DM Conference coming up, let your voice be heard!

Post by WyomingMyst » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 am

Pokebis wrote:I want more bemani games. Specifically Pop'n and IIDX. There's my dreams.
NEI is not very common to do Japanese Imports unless it came from NAMCO Limited as a test run (such as Clena Flex cranes). So in order for this to happen we need to get Konami''s heads out of their butts and get them to try to rebuild their North American arcade lineup. I AM trying to play what good relations I personally have with my company's president, and the president of NAMCO Limited to convey my high interest to start officially exporting Taiko No Tatsujin stateside. Out of all of the non-dancing music games out there, it is the one game I know to be very newb friendly so it is a worthwhile pursuit overall.

I will however let our executive staff know of your request.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

The results! Good and bad.

Post by WyomingMyst » Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Well conference is done. Here is everything I am willing to divulge (and not risk getting fired for it).

- The odds of getting new DDR (or any other dance game) to ANY location in the US is next to none (pretty well none) and any hopes of any other new music game (like ReRave or DJ Max Technika 3) currently on the market is unrealistic. 1. Being is that we are mostly rev-share (over 95% of our business is rev share today), so we are not in a good position to provide for the cult players. 2. Some of our contracts with existing partners would only be renewed on the condition that pull out DDR. 3. Music games are generally unprofitable in comparison to racers, ticket redemptions, cranes, or merchies. I sadly must agree with my company's logic on this and at this pace can only hope the arcade market will evolve in the future to welcome music games again. If you want to improve, I can only implore to play music games aggressively at any location (not just a NAMCO arcade) and encourage to bring friends even if they do not yet play these games) and try to be a positive influence in the online community for these games.

- On a positive note, our secret project (which isn't so secret anymore thanks to one of our execs a few months ago) is coming along. This is the all new Level 257 a new mega-sized entertainment facility planned to open in Chicago sometime soon. I really want to diverge details but I can't, and I would not be revealing anything if it were already leaked on the public internet (on arcadeheroes.com). However I will say this place will be unlike anything seen before in the industry, it WILL be cool.

- The used game sale list at this time will remain unavailable. So no new sales for used DDR machines or otherwise. This is due to the continued aggressive expansion that has been going on for the last couple of years now.

I want to reveal more, I really do, but I can't. I also fear my days in Indianapolis might be numbered, but I have no confirmation on that either, nor can I mention why at this time. If so, I must ask to do a LOT more hanging out between now and then.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: UPDATE! NAMCO DM Conference came and gone. Limited news.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 am

Level 257. Clever name.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri May 03, 2013 12:39 pm

Um, ACTUALLY it should be level 256 since 255 is the highest decimal value that can represent an 8-bit integer.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Merk wrote:Um, ACTUALLY it should be level 256 since 255 is the highest decimal value that can represent an 8-bit integer.
Level 255 is the last playable level. 256 is the split. 257 is the unknown.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Post by WyomingMyst » Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Merk wrote:Um, ACTUALLY it should be level 256 since 255 is the highest decimal value that can represent an 8-bit integer.
That is not the reason why it is called. As you may or may not remember, in the original PAC-MAN arcade game, the game was designed originally anticipating players could never reach past level 255. However, when a player does reach the coveted level 256, the game bugs up, displayed half of the screen in scrambled characters and icons, and causes the game to become unplayable as seen below:

The idea with Level 257, is that NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT INC is taking our game and the way people see arcade entertainment to the "next" level. Again I can't say what we have planned, but it will be cool.