Dexter Thread 2: The 7th Saga

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Dexter Thread 2: The 7th Saga

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:40 pm

gibson = hacked

an internet buddy of mine is steadicam op on the show this season, he said everyone on set is real excited for this season and there's energiez n related things going around
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Wha da fuh? Your buddy worked on the show for this season?

Please tell me you can get spoilers, please.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 pm

that would involve spoiling it for myself and I think I might actually watch this season

They better fuck already, srsly

also, does anyone else really want dexter to just fuck up hack the gibson kid within an inch of his life? that would be a great scene, that kid is a creepy douche
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:09 pm

If you saw the season preview in the OP you saw that there is a scene involving Dexter manhandling teh Gibson intern

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm

yessss

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh hai I just noticed this. I look forward to seeing a new Dexter Thread featuring large animated gif files from tumblr!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 am

yeah where's all the gifs? that was more than half he reason I checked the first thread

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 am

There wasn't a whole lot of goofy shit this episode so I don't know what was gifable :(

Mayyyyybe Dexter spinning around in the wheelchair at the airport could be a good .gif.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 am

ugggg he should have killed the hack the gibson fuckerrr the dude is obvz gunna fuck something up

also dear lord deb and him need to bang

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:14 pm

MERK

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

This season is pretty good. Hack the Gibson is fearless and/or stupid. I want to learn more about his history. My guess is he ends up being the series big bad.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

I have not watched episode 2 yet but I'll give it a go tonight!

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Guys, I'm so sorry, I still haven't watched the latest episode.

I am wrapping up this LP I've been watching when I get home today and then I am definitely watching God damn episode 2 tonight.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 am

Caught episode 3 before bed last night - this season is actually pretty fucking good so far and I say that with all honesty. We've already had more plot and character development in these last three episodes than we did in the entirety of last season. Some thoughts:

- I'm not sure what the think about Hack Teh Gibson intern being killed off by the mob. On one hand we all knew he was going to die after he started fucking with Dexter but on the other hand it might have been neat to have a character at Miami Metro who constantly fucks with Dexter that he can't do anything about because he's under constant watch from Deb. There is definitely some shit that's going to happen now that he was killed on Dexter's boat. If you noticed they specifically filmed the intern's blood splattering on the floor of Dexter's boat after he was shot. This show is far some subtle and it's safe to say someone (probably Deb) is going to find the blood and pin the murder on Dexter. The irony of course being that the intern is the one guy Dexter didn't kill - I'm guessing that the intern's death is what leads to more and more people finding out about Dexter.

- Jennifer Carpenter is fucking killing it this season as Deb. The Deb and Dexter dynamic is really intense so far and I am praying to God that they don't fuck it up and go back to incest mode. Deb is more or less the centerpiece of this season and I'm not sure where they are going to go with her character. I thought her pulling a 180 and letting Dexter move back out was kind of dumb but we'll see where they go with it. My guess is that she's going to die or she's going to join Dex in his kills; she's starting to see the moral ambiguity now that she knows she could have saved that girl from being killed by the minotaur guy if she listened to Dexter. Either way I don't think there's going to be a happy ending for Deb this season.

- I'm so glad the show is going back to its dark humor roots. The random daydream scenes of Dexter murdering people who piss him off were fantastic and out of nowhere.

- The Russian mobster guy has incredible screen presence, the actor they got to play him does a real good job of coming across as an elegant, ruthless, and intimidating crime boss. I'm curious to see how they weave his plot with Dexter's plot this season but I'm guessing the intern murder is going to be the crux of it. I feel like it'll be impossible for Dexter to kill this guy without every Cossack mobster out there gunning for him but we'll see.

- I don't know what's going on with Quinn. I'm pretty sure that stripper friend is going to be killed and Quinn is going to cry about it.

- I have a feeling that Hannah chick is going to be Lumen v2.0 except she's going to convince Dexter that he can change. She's going to tell the popo where the bodies were buried, get involved with Dexter, she'll find out he kills people, and then lead him on a path of recovery since she's been there herself.

- I hope they don't dwell on Minotaur Man too much as he seems like a one-dimensional sort of dude. He's clearly a focal point in next week's episode but I hope he doesn't become a season long villain. I have a feeling he's probably going to be the guy Deb tells Dexter to kill or she's going to go vigilante on him.

I have no doubt that Dex is going to be pinned as the BHB this season since they're clearly leading up to it with the blood on boat and LaGuerta stuff. It's all just a question of if it's going to be a mid-season thing or a cliffhanger season ending thing. If you look on IMDB for the cast of the season finale you'll see that Erik King (Doakes) is listed as in the cast. IMDB has a lot of user submitted stuff so I have my doubts that he'll be in the season finale (in a flashback scene, obv) at all but it would be cool to see some more Doakes.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 am

Hack The Gibson dies!? The whole 'check out deez interns' arc was nothing more than a lazy plot device. They were disposable and given absolutely no back story before serving their purpose and signing off. Maybe the actors were actually interns in real life.