Current events

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Current events

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:57 am

Merk wrote:The great thing about not voting is that you can't be held culpable for any of the dumb shit an elected official does! Some may say you lose the right to bitch if you don't vote but whatever at least I didn't play party to genocide and the denigration of the poor!
"Did you vote? Then you can't bitch." This message paid for by Big Corp Inc.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 am

Black Friday is upon us! Does anyone have any special plans for the day or have we all relegated ourselves to Cyber Monday?

I'm in the market for a fancy high resolution computer monitor or a TV that I can double as a computer monitor, at least 1080p is a must, does anyone have any suggestions?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm

This is what I have and I really like it - http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420Z-24-I ... b_title_ce

What about - http://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-24-inch-L ... benq+120hz

144hz makes a HUGE difference over 60 in games. Looks so buttery smooth.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 am

Will it actually take a 144Hz progressive video feed, or is this just more upconversion bullshit like (mostly) all the 120Hz TVs? If so, is it smart enough to do backlight sync to whatever you actually feed it?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 am

I think this may have been answered already in another thread but, is there any reason to not use a TV over a "computer monitor" for a desktop? I realize that computer monitors can go up to higher resolutions but I am for the most part satisfied with your standard 1080p resolution. I can get a 39" 1080 TV for like $280 and a mid-range 32" computer monitor is usually $350+ -- am I really just paying for a higher resolution and refresh rate?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Already talked about it in IRC. Get a monitor! Brandon, I don't know all the technicalities (I'm sure it's out there on Google), but I'm pretty sure nothing on monitor and other similar ones is upscaled. I don't know, but I notice a big difference.

Anyways, on topic - https://vine.co/v/O1XlODJtUrh Shit's sad. This is the dude that owned the shop that Michael Brown stole from originally, then it gets looted. =/

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ad/cmcpy3b

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:20 pm

"this is corroborated by a witness that saw Brown leaning into the marked car, and Wilson's injuries"

LEL HIS INJURIES SO BAD. I remember all the right wing nutjobs on my facebook saying he had a broken eye socket and shit. puuuhleasee. Also, the bruise on his face is on the side not exposed to the window when in the driver's seat, so quite a bit of people are curious how that side of his face got "bruised by michael brown punching him through the window"

http://gawker.com/these-are-the-photos- ... 1662997813
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 am

Did that boy bruise a white man?!? Not in my America.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 am

Riot wrote:Already talked about it in IRC. Get a monitor! Brandon, I don't know all the technicalities (I'm sure it's out there on Google), but I'm pretty sure nothing on monitor and other similar ones is upscaled. I don't know, but I notice a big difference.

Anyways, on topic - https://vine.co/v/O1XlODJtUrh Shit's sad. This is the dude that owned the shop that Michael Brown stole from originally, then it gets looted. =/

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ad/cmcpy3b
There are plenty of people who commit crimes every day and aren't executed for it. Even if he was a scumbag, he shouldn't have been killed. Police are equipped with non-lethal tools for that very reason. The white dude clearly panicked, solved the problem in the most direct way possible, and walked away with a job well done.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:56 am

I dunno, I'd make a pretty terrible juror. I'm so vindictive. I feel like if ya act like a criminal and do shitty things you get what's coming. Both sides were wrong and the reactions make it worse.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:28 am

HERE IS THE MERK HOT TAKE ON FERGUSON:

No one would give a shit if this case was not racially charged. We're all closet racists which is why this case is being shoved down our throats by the media.

AND THAT WAS THE MERK HOT TAKE

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Would you say you are a closet racist, or an outspoken racist?

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:41 am

I yams what I yams

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:07 am

Ok Black Friday shoppers: Who bought what?