Current events

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Current events

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:38 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... b=facebook

More shootings. People can defend gun laws all they want but there's no reason for everyone to have access to pretty much whatever high-powered rifle they want. Guns are dumb.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Well, looking at how elaborate the "Joker's" plans were do you really think guns would have changed much of what happened? I mean his entire apartment was rigged with completely functional, home-made explosives that would have been able to have been made regardless of his access to guns. If he bombed the movie theater far more people would have died and he is apparently intelligent enough to pull something like that off. It doesn't matter what the wackos have access to; they'll still hurt people no matter what.

Taiwan has gun laws, but that also means they don't regulate fake guns like the US does (orange tips). You can walk around waving real weapons and people will think you're playing with toys. Their organized crime rings have plenty of guns anyways and their police are lazy as shit. I'm pretty sure the crime rates still lower, but I don't really think that has anything to do with gun laws.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Memes are dumb but this was pretty spot on (I think Potter posted this on FB):

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

it's an extremely strawman argument, I posted it for the lulz

but I do love me some gunz
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

I honestly can't tell you're being serious. Do you enjoy guns, Potter?

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 pm

The Rio olympics in 2016 are going to be fantastic in a dystopian cyberpunk novel sense because the whole country of Brazil is in an economic death spiral as the oligarchy burns the middle class like fuel to keep the desperately poor happy, in four years the wealth disparity is going to be even worse and there will be no way in hell to keep it out of the international spotlight as armed gangs start raiding the olympic village and destroying everything they can't take with them.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Don't even know if you're referring to the movie or not, but hey, it's a great movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 am

WE GOT HIGH RES 250x250 THUMBNAILS

ALIENS CONFIRMED

If only they could have seen us trolling in stream chat, they would quickly forget the achievement of humanity and remember the truth!

Nerd popoffs Image

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am

WOOO ANOTHER ROVER ON MARS WOOOO A BIT CLEARER PICTURES OF DUST THAN THE LAST ONE WOOOOOO!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 am

There isn't a single post on the Lauren Spierer page that doesn't have a god related post.

"Believe me, it's not "somehow", it is by the Grace of God that Lauren never be forgotten and we should never give up HOPE. We are reminded each and every day of His mercies! Our hearts ache for you and your family, keep the faith."

"Sooner or later God is going to help reveal what happened & give you comfort be faithful to him keep praying his ear is bent towards your cries & saddened heart I pray each time I see this that God please bless this family & help them as they walk the long road to recovery I would not want to loose my baby girl I can't imagine what you are experiencing but I do know that God will carry you each time you just can't do it own your own."

Do these people, who are not Jewish, know Lauren was Jewish? $20 says these people believe that Jews end up in hell for not having accepted Jesus. Is Lauren burning in hell? I'm throwing out some bait to see if anyone is willing to challenge their beliefs.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am

Chad you have been suspiciously close to the whole Lauren Spierer story... I'm gonna have to check your closets and any rented storage facilities checked out in your name.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:There isn't a single post on the Lauren Spierer page that doesn't have a god related post.

"Believe me, it's not "somehow", it is by the Grace of God that Lauren never be forgotten and we should never give up HOPE. We are reminded each and every day of His mercies! Our hearts ache for you and your family, keep the faith."

"Sooner or later God is going to help reveal what happened & give you comfort be faithful to him keep praying his ear is bent towards your cries & saddened heart I pray each time I see this that God please bless this family & help them as they walk the long road to recovery I would not want to loose my baby girl I can't imagine what you are experiencing but I do know that God will carry you each time you just can't do it own your own."

Do these people, who are not Jewish, know Lauren was Jewish? $20 says these people believe that Jews end up in hell for not having accepted Jesus. Is Lauren burning in hell? I'm throwing out some bait to see if anyone is willing to challenge their beliefs.
You're asking religion to be rational. NOT HAPPENIN'.

Anyways, I don't know why people are belittling the the Mars Curiosity mission. Science is really friggin' cool.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 am

Riot wrote:Chad you have been suspiciously close to the whole Lauren Spierer story... I'm gonna have to check your closets and any rented storage facilities checked out in your name.
We already have a pretty good guess of who did it. Unfortunately the guys responsible have lawyer'd up and refuse to talk to the police.

From a Forensic Astrology forum:
I am a Medium. I have done some work on the Lauren Spierer case. I feel that Miss Spierer is deceased. Her body is not in water, not in the earth, but probably in a small shed in a remote location. All around her I see piles of dirt or loam...as in a gravel pit or large YARD of some kind....dirt all around. I do not feel she knew her murderer. I see the word CANOPY. I see the number 32. I also hear a constant din of a generator or motor from some engine or machine. I feel that the name Martin or Martindale....some name that starts with MArtin is connected somehow. This small shed is dark brown and I think it is always unlocked....I don't think one needs a key to get in it....I believe MIss Spierer was in the wrong place at the wrong time....
I wish I could say she was alive and well, but this is the information my guides and Angels have given me. I truly hope it will be helpful in finding her.
Ann
Discussion continues between various mediums talking about shapes, numbers, locations, sounds, and general sights/visions. You would think all of this prayer compounded by spirits and angels would lead us to a single missing person. Are we doing something wrong here?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am

!!!Olympic cheatin'!!!

This guy has game design figured out, and gives an interesting take on badminton. This should be required reading for anyone running a tournament.

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2012/8/1/pla ... inton.html

I'm subscribing to his blog. All of his articles are interesting.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah, I had Sirlin book and saw him speak in college in my game design classes. He's a smart cookie!