Finaru Fantaj Seben: The best Faino Fantaji

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Fantasy Footbaw 6: Finaru Fantaji Fewtbo

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 am

Imagine losing the Super Bowl to a backup QB

Imagine not getting a single sack against a backup left guard.

Imagine letting a backup QB catch a TD on the same trick play you tried to run.

Imagine.....

Shout outs to Brian for winning Fantasy Footbaw ayyyyyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 am

I'm *almost* sorry I didn't watch the game. But I was out playing DDR with peeps.

Can't wait for Fantasy 7 though! Gotta work on my dynasty! ;)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

It...was actually a really good GAME. I mean, Pats lost so whoo hoo, but it was well contested, and there was good athleticism and coaching on both sides.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

I liked when they succesfully made the ball enter the ball zone
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes, both teams sportsed as hard as they could, but in the end, the team with the most points was the team that won the game.

(Amusingly, there were at least TWO occasions where the fundamental question for a video review was whether or not they actually did get the ball into the "ball zone")
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:56 am

Welp I guess they changed the use of replay and the definition of a catch AGAIN so, fingers crossed, we don't have to sit around and watch 5 minutes of cell phone / pickup truck / insurance commercials while a bunch of dudes try to determine if the ball moved a millimeter as the sportsman goes to the ground with both feet inbounds.

Dez Bryant caught the ball, the Steelers got robbed when they played the Pats last season, I still can't believe this was overturned, hail satan.

Anyway, if you like footbaw but hate watching it because of how god damn much it drags then I highly recommend tuning in the NFL Redzone on Sundays. It's a paid channel but there are tons of streams out there for it. I tried it out last year after cutting cable and it was absolutely a game changer for me. No commercials, all footbaw, all the highlights as they happen, it's perfect if you like betting on games and don't want to refresh your phone every 5 seconds for the latest scores.

Here's an article about sports that's actually p funny -- https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-draft-glossary

I'm really excited to see how the Colts horribly bungle the draft this week. Shout outs for trading down (3 to 6) in the first round though for a bunch of 2nd round picks that was actually a good idea. Surprise, surprise we need fucking linemen just like every year Grigson was around. Can't wait to see 'em do something like draft a RB with the #6 pick and then trade away the rest of our picks for a bunch of big name old vets with nothing left in the tank but by golly do they sell tickets!

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:26 am

Thank fuck we drafted Quenton Nelson, we needed an interior offensive lineman so god damn bad. If Kelly can stay healthy, Costanzo doesn't get a case of the holds, and if Quenton isn't a disastrous bust then we *might* not end up being the worst in the league at getting our QB murdered.

Really need to up our defensive front 7 though. We've got Henry Anderson and..... that's about it! Looking at the roster on Wikipedia and our defense reads like a list of camp bodies and random dudes picked up outside of the YMCA

I still can't get over the Bills trading 2 second rounders to move up and draft a QB whose most notable characteristic is that he is bad at being a QB

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 am

Hey, Mr. Commissioner! When can we sign up for literally the only thing I care about in football every year?

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:32 am

Hmmm that's a good question! I'll probably renew the league sometime around July and we'll try to draft the Sunday before actual footbaw starts so we can have all the info of which player is playing where. There's always the occasional trade / suspension / injury that happens in the off-season and training camp and I don't want anyone to get fucked by drafting a player only to have their knees explode before the season even starts.

I like the idea of everyone getting together and doing the draft in person in a little laptop circle but that would be impossible for V, SDP, and Kyle (Whitey's Minions). C'est la vie

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:22 pm

We could get together as a group and Skype the others in...

The draft is already the most ridiculous fun. I can see this as being a pretty good time even if all can't be physically present.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:48 am

I mean I'm down! Riot and V I could see Skyping in no problem.

But yeah, I'm pleased with the Colts' draft. In 5 years I don't see anyone from this draft class still on the team other than Quenton Nelson but hey, it can't possibly be any worse than the last few years. Yeesh, if you look at the previous draft classes a huge chunk of the players aren't even in the league anymore.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 am

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am

holy shit lmao that was good! Real good, thank you Pooter!

I love how fucking fake this is and how every hillbilly Facebook warrior out there groupthinks themselves into a complete and utter lack of critical thinking over shit like this.

In any case, you can't kneel during the holy, magical national anthem anymore and if you feel like you need to step away from the unconditional country worship then you have to go sit in time out in the locker room until the REAL HEROES are done listening to some local in-no-way-affiliated-with-a-church-or-advertiser choir has butchered the first verse of the Star-Spangled Banner.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am

ARE CUNTRY