Finaru Fantaj Seben: The best Faino Fantaji

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Finaru Fantaj Seben: The best Faino Fantaji

Post by Merk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:05 am

It is that time of year again folks! This year's rainy summer creeps into a mild Fall, students are scurrying about to procure their much needed supplies for the upcoming school year, teachers bemoan the fact that they have to go back to work, a football player will soon be suspended from playing the game for deflating footballs, and the NFL players who played the game right and did their illegal ass shit outside of the long arm of the law are preparing for the 2015 season by playing fake pre-season footbaw.

Who would be interested in doing fantasy football this year? If you want to see the 2010 thread, check here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3809

The 2011 thread is still chilling on the front page of Conversation Cornucrapia.

In an effort to keep things orderly, I have transformed the 2012 / 2013 / 2014 thread into the 2015 thread!

We had some fun last year and people like Ho and Chad actually participated so I encourage everyone to give it a shot! If you're remotely interested at all please post in this lovely thread.

This year the new gimmick is that the winner will receive $100 US dollars. So please I do encourage people to give some sort of a shit this year outside of the draft.

Just like last year and the year before we'll be doing this through Yahoo.com. If you are interested let me know your e-mail address and I will send you an e-mail invitation.

We'll be drafting on 8/30 at 2:00pm EST. Please set your calendars accordingly because the draft is honestly the most fun part about doing fantasy footbaw.

Our league's custom URL is http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/fewtbaw
Last edited by Merk on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Fantasy Football 3: The reckless-neckless Manning edition

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:20 am

I still can't believe I lost despite that perfect season. I feel like the Patriots.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm

SDP YOU NEED TO SIGN UP!!!!!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Merk wrote:SDP YOU NEED TO SIGN UP!!!!!
fine.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm

awesome caaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAaaaaAAAAAAAtsssssssssssssssssssss

Thank you, SDP!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I am amused by this year's team names--particularly "Farve $ Footlongs"

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Since Merk decided to do draft on an ungodly west coast time of 11am PST while I'm at work on archaic computers that do not have a browser version that can run the fantasy draft and the cell service is too poor for me to use my phone...

...I'll be trading with everyone and everything.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 am

The four of you who did not show up to the draft all have solid teams so don't despair!

Brian Ho's backup QB is the one and only future savior of the Indianapolis Colts, Andrew "Neck Beard" Luck.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:53 am

Merk wrote:The four of you who did not show up to the draft all have solid teams so don't despair!

Brian Ho's backup QB is the one and only future savior of the Indianapolis Colts, Andrew "Neck Beard" Luck.
That's my backup, dawg.

This is going to sound pretty hipster, but I've never heard of any of the other players on my team except Darren McFadden. I'd really like to come in somewhere in the top 50% this year.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 am

I was at Holiday World riding either water slides or roller coasters during the draft. I'll go checkout my pot luck team after a bit.

You said we all got decent teams. It seems like there are few enough people in our league that there should be plenty of decent players to go around. But what would I know. I haven't actually watched any football in like 3 years, so maybe the NFL has become a talentless shithole.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

fewtbaw

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:55 pm

I occurs to me that I have slipped to my year 1 habit this year. That is: completely ignoring/forgetting about it. I don't think I've even logged in since the season started. How am I doing on sheer luck alone?

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 am

Brian, you're at a solid 2-2 record. Here is what the leaderboard looks like at the moment:

*1. Favre $ Footlongs 4-0-0
*2. Awesome Cats 3-1-0
*3. QuezonCity Tebowners 3-1-0
*4. The Lulz 2-2-0
*5. Arrow Smashers 2-2-0
*6. Juke Nukem 1-3-0
*7. Suckers With Luck 1-3-0
*8. Team Twelve 0-4-0

You are 7th in total points but you've been able to eek out a win regardless in two of your four matchups. You do have one of your WRs out for a bye week this upcoming week and your only available backup is Greg Little (CLE) who has not been very good on a team that has been bad for probably the last twenty years. You may want to consider dropping Greg Little and picking up a player in free agency as I don't see Greg Little getting any better and there is undoubtedly someone better that hasn't been scooped up by anyone else yet.

Fun fact, the Cleveland Browns have never been to the Super Bowl. The only other team to never appear in a Super Bowl is the Detroit Lions, assuming you don't count the Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars since those teams are less than ten years old.

But I am surprised that people are actively participating in the league this year. It pleases me greatly to see V, my ladyfriend, John-Michael, and SDP dropping and adding players to their rosters and moving players around from week to week. Hell, even Chad actually remembered to swap one of his players who was on their bye week with one of his backups and I didn't have to remind him!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 am

I was more attentive last year. I've just kind of forgotten about it this year. Maybe I'll login later today and see what's going on.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 am

I had a mans get hurt so he couldn't play on Sunday. That's what I get for not checking on Saturday night.