Riot for Bemanistyle forum mod!!!!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Riot for Bemanistyle forum mod!!!!

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Today, Bemanistyle put out an open call for forum moderators and editors. Honestly, I feel that Riot is more than ready for the job.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/ne ... itors-2315

When going on Bemanistyle, be sure to tell them "Riot or RIOT!"
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Riot for Bemanistyle forum mod!!!!

Post by Riot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 pm

ermmmmmmmm

wat

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 pm

ChocoboJoe is already a mod there they don't need another IndyDDR superstar.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm not sure they would want someone who has MAYBE posted there twice in 2005 and pretty much just leeched stepfile packs a few times around the same time. I never check that website and basically don't even play any Bemani games so aside from being relatively clever at foruming, I'm not sure I'm qualified. I don't really have a desire to yell at people I don't know; I'd rather be a mod here and mess with Merk's post and edit in awkward things in every post. Shoryuken had a call for editors and writers and I considered that, but again, I'm not really active enough in that community or well-known for any reason to warrant people paying attention to what I have to say.

If there is a board for this anywhere, I'd apply in a heartbeat.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Shoryuken's forums are a giant fucking cesspool I have no idea why anyone would want to spend a good amount of time there. There's some good info on there occasionally but Wikis and Youtubes makes that forums only redeeming quality obsolete. If you take that away all you have left is tier debates that go nowhere, people who dropped out of high school theorycrafting their shitty low-tier characters, giant "Capcom is ruining fighting games" thread derails, anime titty discussion, and the biggest dick-wag smugtalk elitism outside of my posts on here and CAL forums.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm

RIP Cal forums 2005-2010.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 pm

At this point I don't think IndyDDR is going to die unless Brian stops paying the bill. We're at the point where most of us all know each other and this is sort of our little extension of Facebook where we can express our opinions without all our fucking only-on-Facebook friends throwing in their awful opinions and making the argument about themselves.

Over/under on when Bemanistyle forums bow out? I can't imagine they're going to last much longer with DDRfreak dying out and all. Sows sort of fills the general Bemani niche now.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 am

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 am

Riot wrote:I don't really have a desire to yell at people I don't know; I'd rather be a mod here and mess with Merk's post and edit in awkward things in every post.
That would be immature. :roll:

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:18 am

My favorite part about being a moderator on a site with banning privileges is getting banned and unbanning yourself while nobody is looking.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Riot wrote:I'm not sure they would want someone who has MAYBE posted there twice in 2005 and pretty much just leeched stepfile packs a few times around the same time. I never check that website and basically don't even play any Bemani games so aside from being relatively clever at foruming, I'm not sure I'm qualified. I don't really have a desire to yell at people I don't know; I'd rather be a mod here and mess with Merk's post and edit in awkward things in every post. Shoryuken had a call for editors and writers and I considered that, but again, I'm not really active enough in that community or well-known for any reason to warrant people paying attention to what I have to say.

If there is a board for this anywhere, I'd apply in a heartbeat.

NOOOOO! We must show bemanistyle the greatness that is Riot and his David Tennant styled hair. Riot or RIOT!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!