Dexturd - Season 6 *Spoilers*

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Dexturd *Spoilers*

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Aaaaaand this, in case you're bored, nothing exciting:

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/11/dexter- ... interview/

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 pm

How stupid would that be if the painting were never addressed again... Maybe the house will catch fire or something.

What if intern figures out who Dexter is and starts blackmailing him into playing a game? He finds evil doers, and has Dexter kill them... or else. They're a team of sorts, but he makes some sort of failsafe to alert Miami Metro if anything were to happen to him. He says he's been a bad son for mommy and daddy and makes Dexter schlonk Deb while he watches it in a fetal position. Harrison is a robot and gets hacked by intern.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Generally, you'd notice that Gellar never interacts with anyone else. Specifically, there's a scene where he's in a diner with Travis where he's never acknowledged by the waitperson and doesn't have anything in front of him. Then there's another scene where he's at a nightclub, and it's just conspicuous that he's a few decades older than anyone else there, standing in front of a newspaper machine with his picture on the front page. That's part of the fun of the twist like that I guess, that you can look back and say, "Oh, of course, I should have seen it."
WELL NO SHIT

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 am

I guess in the books Dexter is caught in the act by a disgruntled computer programmer who instead of turning him in, becomes a serial killer himself.

Mayyyyybe this show is going to loosely follow the books again a la Season 1?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey, thank you for saying so
Something positive to come from this show
But holy fucking shit
I swear I'll fucking quit
If I hear even one more mawital woe.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Merk wrote:Hey, thank you for saying so
Something positive to come from this show
But holy fucking shit
I swear I'll fucking quit
If I hear even one more mawital woe.

oh my lol
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:47 pm

This shit starts in 10 minutes, I really hope we don't have a repeat of the Season 5 finale.

I want to apologize for ruining this season for everyone. I feel like if I hadn't talked about how Olmos was probably a ghost dad then you guys could have genuinely enjoyed the twist.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Yup, cliffhanger!

See you next year guys! Two more seasons to wrap this ish up, let's hope that these next two seasons have the savoir-faire of the first two.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 am

Aw shi!

How the hell was he unaffected by the tranquilizer? Did I miss something?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 am

I'm not sure. I think he just didn't push the plunger or it was empty / a fake.

I'll post more tomorrow if work isn't meh.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:49 am

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN CLIFFHANGER

and LOL at deb actually being in love with dexter. RELAY? REEEELAY? If I was one of these redonk writers I'd just have deb and dex make bloody fucklove at the crimescene, go murder the fuck out of laguerta, throw quinn out of a window, then have more sex while creepy serial killer wanna be intern wanks in the corner. then end this fucking trainwreck of a show. if time allows, show batista winning a nobel prize for being the only positive, likable character in this whole feces spewing show. and also, for being a badass. masukas pretty cool so he gets promoted the fuck out of that retarded department. the black dude sheds his negro exoskeleton and is, in fact, robocop, he breaks through a wall and walks back to chicago where he belongs, then credits

as for the tranqs, I'm sure he saw that coming and filled it with saline ahead of time, duhhh

as this was the only thread I check, see yall next year

JK

mostly

im drunk
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:52 am

Merk wrote:I feel like if I hadn't talked about how Olmos was probably a ghost dad then you guys could have genuinely enjoyed the twist.

I read this as "you are all retarded"

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am

How could he have known? Nobody seems to be as frustrated as I am with this plot gimmick he used to finally catch the killer. Also, wasn't the world supposed to end?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 am

Merk: Do you have a crush on your sister? Dexter taught me that it's OK to like your sibling like more than a friend.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am

Potter wrote:I read this as "you are all retarded"
Mayyyyybe, some people just zone the fuck out when they watch TV, don't really pick up subtleties that well, or they're too dense to come up with good guesses on where a show is going to go. If I gave no fucks about this show I probably would have been surprised by the big twist and I would have been another face in the giant crowd of people who were genuinely mindblown at Ghost Dad #2. If you are someone who doesn't give a fuck about the show but watches it anyway then I'm sorry you could not have received a cheap mindblow because of this thread.

Oh boy. This episode certainly was a thing. I'm almost certain a couple of scenes were re-shot/re-written/added after the writers found out that they got renewed for two more seasons since so much shit seemed out of place and disjointed. The big one being Hanks unboxing the ITK hand earlier in the episode in Dexter's apartment and then having Dexter not see it at all (the hand isn't even shown looming in the background) after he returns to his apartment later. You would think that he would notice a giant box on his counter that wasn't there before containing the one thing to remind Dexter of his dead serial killer brother. The "Quinn getting transferred" subplot seemed tacked on but it was at least addressed with the whole "lololol I'm going into AA" thing so I'm guessing it was just something that was poorly written.

Dexter has the thickest plot armor in the world. How fucking lucky do you have to be that an illegal immigrant shanty boat comes sailing by just as you're about to die in the ocean? I thought the scene was neat and Dexter's introspective voice-over was cool but holy shit did I roll my eyes when he was saved by an almost literal Deus-ex-machina.

Things that were goofy in this episode:

+ Magical Mexican boat
+ Dexter turning away for a minute to talk on the phone and then all of a sudden his son is kidnapped and out of running distance from Dexter.
+ Incest plot. Holy shit I thought they were done with this. It doesn't matter that Dexter was adopted it's still a Maury-level
subplot.
+ How the fuck did babysitter and babby get out of the apartment without seeing Hanks? I think the two apartments are connected but why the hell are they connected from the babby's bedroom? This could just be an ignorant gripe on my part.
+ Fake needle injection that wasn't explained at all. Did he mention that he carries fakes in previous seasons? Otherwise this is pretty out of the blue or he didn't push the plunger and it wasn't shot well.
+ Dexter was not the first one at the old folks crime scene. DID LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE SEE THE GIANT SATAN-DEXTER PAINTING BEFORE DEXTER GOT THERE? "Hey Dexter we got a crime scene. There's blood. Oh yeah and your face is imposed on an extremely grotesque painting of the devil."
+ Dexter killing Hanks in the place that his sister told him to go to later which is also an active crime scene.

Ugh, and this all happened in the span of 50 minutes too. I'm glad that the old folks' kitty was unharmed though. Anuddah home wun, Mowgan.

This season should not have happened. If they had taken the ending of this season and tacked it on to the end of Season 5 then we wouldn't have had this two-year doldrum and Dexter would have been at the same level in his development. Nothing has really changed for the character at all since Rita was killed. Maybe they're trying to make a point about the arrogance and stubbornness of serial killers but I think the show has become less about Dexter and more about the crazies in his life. I'll write up more but I think my boss is catching on to me being a slacker so I'll leave it at that for now.