ATTN: Riot

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

ATTN: Riot

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

Where da fuck have you been? You haven't been posting and that really fucking sucks.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ATTN: Riot

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah, you didn't save Merk from playing a song he doesn't like this week!

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 am

Pretty much any song that made its AC debut on Supernova is a bad song IMO. Except for Flowers and Centerfold, I'll grant a reprieve for those two. It's a shame that the only other good songs, iFuturelist and Red Zone, are horribly off-sync to the point where they are unplayable.

Nothing can ever be good, I have to be a cynic about everything and I hate it. Bring back Extreme.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 am

Merk wrote:Pretty much any song that made its AC debut on Supernova is a bad song IMO. Except for Flowers and Centerfold, I'll grant a reprieve for those two. It's a shame that the only other good songs, iFuturelist and Red Zone, are horribly off-sync to the point where they are unplayable.

Nothing can ever be good, I have to be a cynic about everything and I hate it. Bring back Extreme.
Drivin' is a tragedy.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

Ummmm been doing errands during the day or playing games. I started playing Rift with Brennon and it's pretty darn fun and engrossing. Otherwise I have been dwindling the days away before I have to think about work again (which is coming up way too fast). There haven't been many threads I've felt compelled to post on! Yes Extreme is the best mix and Supernova with all its licensed songs and weird J-Rock radio hitz is bad.

And I kinda like Drivin, at least the steps anyways.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:54 am

I really never understood the obsession with the new 9s like Drivin' and AA. IndyDDR's very own BigBadOrc absolutely loves playing Drivin'. To me the song and the chart just seemed kind of blase but that's probably because I've heard and played the song many times in IIDX.

While I'm on that subject, I don't understand why a shitload of IIDX songs didn't make it in to Supernova. Really my biggest gripe is that there are all these great Konami originals that were just simply not put in the game. Spin The Disc, Mr.T (Take Me Higher), I Was The One, and Last Message are all great songs with good charts that had no reason not to be in Supernova. The Dancemania licenses I can understand, but come the fuck on mang.

But Rhythm and Police, Insertion, Afronova - those are all solid and interesting 9s.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:55 am

Riot wrote:Ummmm been doing errands during the day or playing games. I started playing Rift with Brennon and it's pretty darn fun and engrossing. Otherwise I have been dwindling the days away before I have to think about work again (which is coming up way too fast). There haven't been many threads I've felt compelled to post on! Yes Extreme is the best mix and Supernova with all its licensed songs and weird J-Rock radio hitz is bad.

I can't think of any bigger waste of time than playing an MMORPG

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:57 am

Merk wrote:
Riot wrote:Ummmm been doing errands during the day or playing games. I started playing Rift with Brennon and it's pretty darn fun and engrossing. Otherwise I have been dwindling the days away before I have to think about work again (which is coming up way too fast). There haven't been many threads I've felt compelled to post on! Yes Extreme is the best mix and Supernova with all its licensed songs and weird J-Rock radio hitz is bad.

I can't think of any bigger waste of time than playing an MMORPG
Not if you're having fun! No bigger waste than any other game really.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

You're right, every video game is a waste of time but some are much more so than others. Here's how things breakdown (from best to worst):

DDR
DrumMania
Fighting games
Starcraft
FPS games
Beatmania
MMORPGs

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm

That's the list in Merk's mind.

How is Drummania less of a waste of time than Rift or Counter-Strike for example?

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 pm

You can sorta kinda apply it to actual drumming. At the very least it'll teach you the ability to drum out a standard rock beat that you can use in any shitty cover band. I believe there is nothing that an MMORPG and a FPS can teach someone that they can utilize in reality.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

I think I've learned a lot about spacial awareness and reflexes which carry over to real life with CS. Anyways I can see Drummania KIND OF helping with real drumming, but basically as much as DDR helps you with real dancing. In other words, it might help you keep a beat a bit more, but it's not going to teach you good techniques or habits.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Nope! Not at all. Dynamics and rudiments are essential parts of real-life drumming that are sadly absent in DM. It would be kind of cool if they got implemented somehow though.

DDR is a worthwhile activity that helps fat men like myself lose weight and slang cane.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Merk wrote:I really never understood the obsession with the new 9s like Drivin' and AA.
AA Heavy Double is easily in my Top 5 favorite DDR charts of all time.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 pm

I had a long post typed up, but there's no point in arguing.

Merk is wrong. End.