Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

Post by Merk » Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Oh yeah we totally hung out! We uhhhhhh.... shit I dunno I think we talked about your sex convention while we were standing in the kitchen.

Speaking of sex conventions, the lowest I got was juuuust under 200 sometime around April of last year. In typical Merk fashion I promptly let myself go and ballooned back up to the fat fuck that I am now but I'm working on it! I'm going to start going to a weekly Ultimate Frisbee meet up starting tonight which I hope will get into some sort of routine. That's pretty much the battle when it comes to losing weight, you gotta get into a routine which forces a lifestyle change!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am

Welp! I'm fat. I'm at 222lbs with 30% body fat which is not good! I'm getting back into the swing of things. Does anyone want to take any bets on how much body fat I can lose between now and July 1st, 2018? I'm willing to bet that I can get under 20%

In fact, I'm willing to lay 2:1 odds on it if there are any takers. Please dear God let there be takers, gambling on shit and nanner are like the biggest motivators for me.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

I don't know enough to decide if this is a good bet. I'm barely under 20% (18.8%) @ 152 lbs...at least according to that fancy scale you guys got me a few years ago. I'm not sure how you're measuring and I'm not sure how accurate that scale is for body fat %. I mean, I can throw it off by wearing socks.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:04 am

Oh yeah the body fat % thing is definitely jank but I think it will at least give you a ball park. Like back when I was knee deep in eating sweet potato fries and getting buff I hovered around 20% and now that I'm a fat fuck and gained 20 pounds of fat it makes sense that my body fat % has rocketed up to 30%

Which scale did we get you again? A fitbit Aria? That's the one I have, I like it!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 am

Yep, that's the one! I dig it, too!

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:33 am

Sitting at about 213 right now, I'm not sure what my body fat percentage is since it's impossible to get anything remotely accurate and consistent on the FitBit scale but I'll just make up a number and say I'm at 26.5% -- my muscle mass has gone to shit, I haven't lifted in months and I haven't lifted super heavy in probably 18 months lol

I'm really going to focus on diet and being productive / active. Every morning I do about 12k steps on the walking desk at work and my goal is to not just go home and sit at my computer all day after work. I wanna do *something* even if it's not anything super strenuous. Doing DDR on Sundays in the morning for at least 45 minutes (roughly four sets give or take) and then playing it sparingly at least one work day as time allows.

Hoping to get under and stay under 200 by 2019

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:16 pm

God dammit Merk! If you scroll back you see the same post every three or four months! "Welp I'm fat, gonna do X Y and Z and get below 200 hunnit!" You gotta find something smaller you can keep up every day instead of trying to commit to scheduled stuff that takes awhile to do! Pick one food/drink to remove from your daily routine - one less poachie, water instead of beer for dinner, whatevs.

I'm guilty of the same things. I get in shape in the summer than get lazy and ooze back out to flabbiness during the year because I get stressed out and don't wanna commit the same amount of time to work out after long days of work. I gotta focus on little things I will actually do because I know deep down that I won't spend an hour working out after work because the littluns have worn me down. I think you have it right when you're talking about routine, but I have a hard time with activities hanging over my head that I know I have to do. It's hard to start them but when I get going I tend to want to keep going. Eat more sweet potatos fwies and get more buff!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:02 pm

I feel ya and you're absolutely right. I keep getting off the wagon because I commit to a schedule and realize that I don't like it a month or so in and start looking for excuses to NOT lift. I know I'm lazy, I know things are going to come up that will prevent me from doing a scheduled workout, and in light of those things I'm going to focus on the shit I can control - namely diet. If I don't eat like a fat fuck then I won't be a fat fuck.

I look back on when I was younger and lost a ton of weight pretty much all I did was eat chicken and play DDR on Sundays for about three hours, I'm kinda hoping I can do the exact same shit as a 32 year old man and have the same results lol

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am

Well it's 2019 I better make an effort to not be a fat fuck!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:13 am

Merk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am
Well it's 2019 I better make an effort to not be a fat fuck!
lol same
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

#MeToo #NotAllMen #BuffOnMyOwnTerms #TransFatPhobic #StrongIndependentSweetPotato #FatRollsGonnaScareMyBaby #MyBodyIsATempleOfDoom