Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Install Stepmania and play custom songs, or whatever the equivalent is for Pump It Up (I think Stepmania is still the main choice for that?)! It makes it more fun to work out and play thousands of cool charts.

PSYCH everyone prefers to have legitimate mixes and run through the limited song lists for the sake of authenticity over the throwback to discovering new and awesome charts and recapturing the glory days of playing DDR in the arcade in the early years.

YEAH I'M MAD

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Riot wrote:Install Stepmania and play custom songs, or whatever the equivalent is for Pump It Up (I think Stepmania is still the main choice for that?)! It makes it more fun to work out and play thousands of cool charts.

PSYCH everyone prefers to have legitimate mixes and run through the limited song lists for the sake of authenticity over the throwback to discovering new and awesome charts and recapturing the glory days of playing DDR in the arcade in the early years.

YEAH I'M MAD
LOL

One of things stopping me from going Stepmania is that I honestly haven't seen anything to indicate that the engine changes for PIU Infinity became a part of the official release. (As MonMotha can mention, Infinity was a noted improvement over Pro 2 on accuracy.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Riot wrote:Install Stepmania and play custom songs, or whatever the equivalent is for Pump It Up (I think Stepmania is still the main choice for that?)! It makes it more fun to work out and play thousands of cool charts.

YEAH I'M MAD
Stepmania is jank. You own a machine, so why not play things that were, you know, actually released? There's a reason why mods are generally frowned upon by all gaming communities, and games like Mario Maker get shit reviews across the board.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'll get to it, work has been kind of rough and I've been a little sick!

All in all it wasn't the best week but I'm doing what I can do make up for it this upcoming week!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Weigh-in #10:

Sunday, Feb 28 at 11:56AM
200.3 lbs 22.7% fat

Soooooooo close to getting under 200 for February, oh well, I'm fine with where I'm at and I feel like I'll get to where I want to be as long as I keep at it. Last two weeks have been a little rough and I feel like a lot of weight loss I've had this time has been due to water weight. I was sick for a good chunk of the week I missed updating this thread so that may have had something to do with it. I've had to deload on the weights a bit thanks to my little sickness but I didn't skip any lifting days and played DDR as much as I could. Work was crazy busy last week and my sleep got fucked up but everything is getting back on track and I hope this is going to be another great week.

I can officially fit into a new size 34 belt I bought! Woooo!

Latest lifts, all of these are going to be deloads:

Squats: 170
Bench: 115
Row: 105
Overhead press: 75
Deadlift: 225

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 am

Weigh-in #11

Saturday, Mar 5 at 10:28AM
199.4 lbs 22.9% fat

Welp, I'm officially under two hundo! It's probably a good four years since I've been under two hundo and it's crazy that I've able to get back to where I was in a matter of months. All in all the week was a little weak in terms of exercising, racquetball got cut short, and I wasn't able to hit up DDR at all - I did hit the gym two out of three times so I guess there's that. I need to be more consistent if I'm going to get fit and not fall back into laziness. Diet was a little off as well, I had a big sushi dinner on Friday and I slammed some 'za with Chad on Saturday. Again, need to stick to my guns here if I want to see results.

Latest lifts:

Squats: 180
Bench: 120
Row: 110
Overhead Press: 80
Deadlift: 230

These are I believe back to where I was from before I got sick and missed a bunch of workouts so from here on out there should be nothing but progress. I'm pretty pumped to hit the 200 mark with squats which I should be end up doing next week.

This week is going to be a little weird, my roomie is moving out and racquetball has been cancelled for this week so I got to make it up with something likely some DDR. Oh well, as long as I am good on the diet part of things then I have some wiggle room on the exercise side.

Here's a piccy of my face and all the weird extra skin I have

http://imgur.com/a/Y5JuO

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:27 am

Weigh-in #12

Sunday, Mar 27 at 7:02PM
204.8 lbs 23.5% fat

Welp, fell off the wagon there a little bit, let's get back on track! My ex-ladyfriend moved out so I've had to do a *lot* of adjusting in my life and unfortunately exercise has sort of been pushed out of my life the last few weeks as I get back into a rhythm. This week is going to be more or less back to normal and I'm going to push myself to get the great thing that I had going going again.

Diet has sort of been fucked up too since I've had to change how I make meals (only cooking for one now!) and it doesn't help that there's been a lot of social shit going on in my life too and that tends to make me go out to eat and, although I don't binge or anything, I definitely don't have 100% control and knowledge of how many calories and shit I'm consuming.

But no more of that shit, let's get back to it. I didn't completely stop lifting but I've maybe gotten three lifting sessions in over the last two weeks so I'm a bit behind. I'm going to start it up again and deload a little bit to be safe. Here are my lastest lifts from last Wednesday.

Squat: 210
Bench: 110 (slight deload)
Row: 125
Overhead Press: 90
Deadlift: 245 (damn son, lifting heavy ayyyyyy)

Monday racquetball is pretty much on permanent hiatus so I'm going to have to find a substitute activity. I'm thinking DDR! Tuesday will be gym day, Wednesday is DDR day, Thursday gym, Friday will be social day, Saturday will be gym day, Sunday will be chill and get shit done around the house day. I ordered those L-bracket spacers for my DDR cabinet so HOPEFULLY I can start playing doubles again and get my god damn pads to stop sticking.

Wish me luck.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:48 am

Yay! I'd really like to get back to DDR also. I think about it with some regularity, but I don't think I've actually played in a month or so. I'm not saying that your absence is contributing to mine, but it would be nice to get things going again.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:58 am

I agree! I'd like to start playing again too and get back to some normalcy in my life.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Now that things are settling down at my job a bit I can start working out again. However, my PIU I/O is dying and there are no DDR cabinets to play in the area so I am out of luck in that regard unless I played at somebody else's place. (I feel like I would be imposing though if I asked to do that tbh.) I don't have access to a gym anymore and I don't have any exercise gear either so I need to get back in the game and come up with a plan.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Pushin' for that 1000 lb club.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 am

Holy shit welcome back SDP!

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 05, 2017 9:30 am

Girls
Games
Gains

Pick 2

I'm fat as fuck, I ballooned back up to 220. I'm lifting and DDRing and dieting again so I can get back to my bangin' weight!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 05, 2017 9:46 am

I'm not really remembering the party a couple months ago since it's always chaotic. Inevitably, there are people that I barely see at all, and I think you were one of them this year. But I seem to recall you were looking pretty fit at the Laser Flash meetup last fall. What was the lowest weight you got down to and when?