Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Eatin' sweet potato fries and gettin' buff

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:06 am

Weigh-in #3

Sunday, Jan 3 at 6:39PM
226.7 lbs 27.5% fat

Net change: 10.7 lbs

Still going strong, that's another 2.2 pounds from last week despite the fact that I was a little fatty during New Year's Eve. Again, body fat percentage is all over the place, there's no way I lost 3% in a week. I'm still keeping to the ol' lifting schedule and haven't got burnt out yet. My latest lifts were:

Squats:
45lbs x 10
95lbs x 10
(125lbs x 5 reps) x 5

Bench:
45lbs x 20
65lb x 10
(85lbs x 5) x 5

I feel like I could a bit more on bench but I don't want to escalate too quickly and plateau

Bent over row:

65lbs x 10
(100lbs x 5) x 5

I don't really know if I'm doing the rows right or if the weight isn't big enough because I'm not really feeling it in my back. I probably need to evaluate my form.

Looking forward to another great week of eating right of exercise. Racquetball tonight, lifting tomorrow with a side of DDR, and then DDR Wednesday!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Very awesome progress man.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am

Weigh-In #4

Sunday, Jan 10 at 7:02PM
220 lbs 30.7% fat

Net change: 17.4 lbs

Not sure how the fuck I lost 6.7 lbs in a week but I'm sure a good 2/3 of that is water weight. Went out for drinks with co-workers on Friday so I broke the diet a little bit but other than that I was good the rest of the week. I spent most of Saturday pissing and shitting since I woke up with a sour stomach (prolly from all the beer) so there's that. Body fat continues to be all over the place so I don't know what to think about that.

Latest lifts from this past week:

Squats: 135
Overhead Press: 70
Deadlift: 185
Bench: 90
Bent Over Row: 105

Those are my working set weights, the ol' 5 sets of 5 reps. I kinda forgot what my warm up sets were, whoops!

Still going strong on the lifts and I haven't gotten to the point where I feel like I'm going to hardcore fail a rep. Squats are starting to get hard and I was breaking a sweat after my session yesterday.

I've put Max2 in the ol' DDR machine and I am having a blast playing Oni courses and some of the hard stuff. My right pad is fucked up so I gotta work on fixing that when I can this week. I cleared MaxX Unlimited on extra stage which I don't think I've ever done before and I'm able to clear the Paranoia Brothers and Happy Hardcore Oni courses which I honestly did not think I could do. My scores were pretty bad but hey, I'm happy I was able to clear them.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 am

Weigh-In #5

Sunday, Jan 17 at 8:39PM
219.1 lbs 28.4% fat

Net change: 18.3 lbs

So I lost about a pound which I'm happy with considering that last week was such a weird jump - it sort of makes last week's progress more genuine or whatever, you know? Anyway, a co-worker of mine invited me to try out their gym for a week so that's where I'm going to be doing my lifting this week and to try out some other cardio options. Not that I'm unhappy with DDR or anything, far from it! I'd like to try something like a rowing machine.

Lifting schedule got a little messed up this week - had to skip a day due to some shit that happened in my life but I'm going to get back on schedule. Latest lifts:

Squat: 145
Overhead Press: 75
Deadlift: 195
Bench: 95
Row: 110

Squats are officially getting hard and I have a feeling I might plateau soon but on the other hand I did my 145 set with a lack of sleep and after just waking up so who knows. All other lifts are fine and I feel like I could do more on deadlifts.

Still on the ol' diet train! It feels good not eating bullshit. Getting a little tired of eggs though and I'm going to look into a substitute.

Here's to another good week and making progress

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:29 am

Weigh-in #6

Sunday, Jan 24 at 8:41PM
218.7 lbs 28.4% fat

Net change: 18.7 lbs

So not a whole lot of progress this week but I suppose I'm not getting worse and there's something to be said for that. I did feel a little bloated and fatty when I weighed myself yesterday so that may have something to do with it. I went to my co-worker's gym on Tuesday which sort of got me off my routine and ultimately ended up with me skipping a day in my 5x5 program. The gym itself was fine but the personal trainer that we worked with did a bunch of low-weight high-rep stuff which didn't really jive with me but hey, I'm glad I got out and experienced it nonetheless. I was sore as shit the next days so I deloaded on my squats a bit.

Diet was okay this week but I did end up cheating a bit on Saturday with some chicken wings at the ol' Applebee's in Irvington (a real classy establishment, by the way). I'll stick to my guns this week and keep up with the diet.

I fixed my fucking 1P side on DDR! I'm really happy about that. I ended up disconnecting each sensor one at the time to find the problem sensor and I eventually found that the bottom sensor was the culprit. I'm able to Oni again yayyyyyyyyyy

Latest lifts:

Squats: 140 (this is a little deload)
Overhad Press: 80
Deadlift: 205 (dang I'm really close to body weight!)
Bench: 100
Bentover Row: 115

I'm starting to struggle a bit with the Overhead Press and I feel like I may plateau soon. If I do end up plateauing I think I'll just have to add more reps until I breakthrough and move up to the next weight.

I also got contacts for the first time in my life yesterday. Not wearing glasses is the weirdest fucking thing hoooooooly shit.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 am

Weigh-in #7

Sunday, Jan 31 at 9:37PM
212 lbs 24.8% fat

Net change: 25.4

Another mystery week where I end up losing a shit load of weight! Again, it's probably mostly water weight but I'll take it especially after a lackluster last couple of weeks. According to Fitbit I lost 14.6 lbs in January! Woo! I'd like to do the same for February and I really want to be under 200 by the end of this month. Diet and exercise is the way to do it so I'll keep on keeping on with what I'm doing.

I think I fucked up my left wrist while lifting this week, it hurts to move it in a certain direction and putting any significant weight on it hurts. I'm going to have to cool it a bit on lifting this week or at the very least focus on exclusively leg stuff. I went ahead and joined a gym if for nothing else to just get out of the house. They have a sauna which sold me on the place because I love a good schvitz.

Latest lifts:

Squat: 155
Bench: 115
Bentover Row: 125 (I'm going to deload on this lift this week, I'm not feeling it in my back when I do this lift so I don't think I'm doing this lift properly. Going to work hard on getting my form right for this)
Overhead Press: 85
Deadlift: 215 (I'm lifting body weight now!)

Played a lot of DDR on Sunday and had fun grinding through hard stuff and getting a good work out in. I really need to work on my 2P side so I can get back into the doubles game. I'm loving singles but I've spent pretty much my entire DDR playing days on singles and I need to take advantage of being able to play doubles for free now. Diet is still going well, bought a lot of good shit at Trader Joe's this weekend - I cheated a little on Saturday but that didn't fuck with me too much apparently.

Looking forward to another great week!

JzN
Standard
Standard

Post by JzN » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:50 pm

fyi - I am following your progress. =] and lurking =]

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am

JzN! Welcome back, long time no see. How have you been doing? How's Australia?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 am

Weigh-in #8

Sunday, Feb 7 at 9:25AM
211.5 lbs 24.8% fat

Net Change: 25.9

This was a little bit of a weird week, my wrist still felt a little fucked up and I didn't want to risk fucking it up even more so I skipped lifting last Tuesday and replaced it with a DDR session. I ended up not doing anything physical Wednesday or Friday since I got home pretty late from work and didn't feel like I had the time or energy to do the stuff I typically do but every other day last week was solid. Still stuck with the ol' diet and I was able to eek out a 0.5 lbs loss - whether or not that's due to water weight I couldn't say but I'm not gaining weight and that's progress. Still aiming for under 200 by the end of February but it's going to be hard since I have exactly three weeks from today to lose 12 pounds. If I fail it's not the end of the world as long as I'm always taking steps forward.

Latest lifts:

Squat: 165 - I'm feeling fucking great about squats and don't think I'm going to have to deload soon, I'm really happy with the progress I've made and I'm at the point where I'm squatting more now than when I was when I was a skinny mofo
Bench: 115 - A bit of a deload since I didn't want to hurt my wrist.
Row: 105 - Another deload since I need to work on my form and really focus on engaging my back
Overhead press: 75 - Yet another deload, again due to the wrist.
Deadlift: 225 - I'm finally doing more than 1x my body weight! I fucked up my first rep since my grip slipped so I switched to a mixed grip and felt like my lift was a lot more solid and more like a "push" instead of a pull like a deadlift is supposed to be.

All things considered it wasn't an awful week and I hope this week can be a great one. I'm going to get back into my normal regimen and see if I can get my lifts back to where they are supposed to be.
Last edited by Merk on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:40 am

Seeing the great progress has me wanting to do more when possible on my end to get back in shape Merk. I would post up if I do start, but I dunno if anybody would give a shit to be honest.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 am

You know, I feel like no one gives a shit about my posts and that's perfectly fine with me. I sort of treat this thread like a journal that I can go back and re-read to see how I progressed and whatnot. Besides, making a weekly update makes me feel more "accountable" or whatever and acts as a little motivator - I don't want to disappoint the thread and get fatter or not keep them in the loop about my progress so I make my little posts even if I end up just talking to a wall.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:37 am

Weigh-in #9

Sunday, Feb 14 at 8:50PM
207 lbs 23.2% fat

Net change: 30.4

Welp, I guess this is another one of those weeks where I happen to lose a bunch. There are two more weigh-ins this month so I'm going to need to have two more weeks like this one in order to reach my goal of under 200 by the end of this month. All in all the week was pretty good, I'm not really sure what I did differently this week to lose the weight - the only thing I can think of is that I've been doing more treadmilling at the gym and chilling in their sauna for longer. In any case, diet is going well and I'm still keeping up with that calorie deficit and making sure the calories I do eat are working for me. My wrist is not 100% but it's definitely better, doing bicep curls oddly enough is what hurts my wrist the most so maybe I've been doing curls with little T-Rex wrists and haven't noticed until now.

Anyway, I "missed" a lifting day Saturday since I opted to participate in the gym's leg day routine where it's a bunch of low weight high rep stuff. Not my cup of tea but I like to get out and do new things. Latest lifts:

Squat: 175
Bench: 120 (I failed a rep during my last session so I'm going to try lifting this heavy again this upcoming week)
Row: 110 (might be stuck here for a bit, it seems like here is where I plateau and break form with higher weights)
Overhead press: 75 (still in deload mode thanks to the wrist, going to up the weight on this on Tuesday)
Deadlift: 230

Looking forward to this week! I sort of got more of the same planned, R-ball tonight, DDR Wednesday, gym on Tuesday/Thursday. I'm pretty pumped about this Saturday - how about everyone else?! Ayyyyyyyyyyy

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Merk wrote:Weigh-in #9

Sunday, Feb 14 at 8:50PM
207 lbs 23.2% fat

Net change: 30.4

Welp, I guess this is another one of those weeks where I happen to lose a bunch. There are two more weigh-ins this month so I'm going to need to have two more weeks like this one in order to reach my goal of under 200 by the end of this month. All in all the week was pretty good, I'm not really sure what I did differently this week to lose the weight - the only thing I can think of is that I've been doing more treadmilling at the gym and chilling in their sauna for longer. In any case, diet is going well and I'm still keeping up with that calorie deficit and making sure the calories I do eat are working for me. My wrist is not 100% but it's definitely better, doing bicep curls oddly enough is what hurts my wrist the most so maybe I've been doing curls with little T-Rex wrists and haven't noticed until now.

Anyway, I "missed" a lifting day Saturday since I opted to participate in the gym's leg day routine where it's a bunch of low weight high rep stuff. Not my cup of tea but I like to get out and do new things. Latest lifts:

Squat: 175
Bench: 120 (I failed a rep during my last session so I'm going to try lifting this heavy again this upcoming week)
Row: 110 (might be stuck here for a bit, it seems like here is where I plateau and break form with higher weights)
Overhead press: 75 (still in deload mode thanks to the wrist, going to up the weight on this on Tuesday)
Deadlift: 230

Looking forward to this week! I sort of got more of the same planned, R-ball tonight, DDR Wednesday, gym on Tuesday/Thursday. I'm pretty pumped about this Saturday - how about everyone else?! Ayyyyyyyyyyy
Should be good to see how everybody is doing. Finally 100% physically for the first time since October so unfortunately I won't have any stamina to do anything, but oh well. I would start doing a DDR Wednesday myself but there are no cabinets nearby so I'm out of luck on that one.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 am

You just gotta buy your own cabinet! Didn't you get a Pump machine?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:15 am

Merk wrote:You just gotta buy your own cabinet! Didn't you get a Pump machine?
I did, but that's my Tuesday and Thursday and I've already looped through Fiesta EX so I need to buy Fiesta 2, Prime, Pro 2, or Infinity at this point. Also, I've really been wanting to play DDR again, but buying a cabinet won't happen until next year most likely due to other expenses.
Memorable 2016 quotes: