I'm going to Taiwan

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: I'm going to Taiwan

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 am

Oh shi he's leaving the US today have fuuuuuuuuun!

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Posting from Taiwan.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Pokebis wrote:Posting from Taiwan.
Pretty sure the internet only exists in America.

I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:20 am

I'm tethered to an HTC phone right now.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 am

Great blog, keep it up. Congrats on playing Beet in the arcade. You will literally never do that again in your life unless you move to Texas/California/New Jersey or if you get invited to hang out at Brian Ho's. FYI the arcade controller makes the game much, much harder compared to the US Konami controller - the turntable is a lot farther away and you have to give the buttons a lot more 'oomph.'

You inspire me to write a blog for my Las Vegas trip.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 am

You might want to think about dropping the whole My Little Pony bit in your photos. Once you're in college and trying to impress all the ladies with your worldly travels you may regret the inclusion of a children's cartoon character. At a minimum, take two of every photo.

Code: Select all

,;;*;;;;,
        .-'``;-');;.
       /'  .-.  /*;;
     .'    \d    \;;               .;;;,
    / o      `    \;    ,__.     ,;*;;;*;,
    \__, _.__,'   \_.-') __)--.;;;;;*;;;;,
     `""`;;;\       /-')_) __)  `\' ';;;;;;
        ;*;;;        -') `)_)  |\ |  ;;;;*;
        ;;;;|        `---`    O | | ;;*;;;
        *;*;\|                 O  / ;;;;;*
       ;;;;;/|    .-------\      / ;*;;;;;
      ;;;*;/ \    |        '.   (`. ;;;*;;;
      ;;;;;'. ;   |          )   \ | ;;;;;;
      ,;*;;;;\/   |.        /   /` | ';;;*;
       ;;;;;;/    |/       /   /__/   ';;;
       '*jgs/     |       /    |      ;*;
            `""""`        `""""`     ;'

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:35 am

Yeah, I agree. I'll add that absolutely no one in the world sans the mentally disturbed or disabled is above the need to want to bang, fuck, and lock legs to swap gravy. Your libido will become as natural as eating or sleeping and most of us average white middle-class suburbanites will need all the help we can get to slake our dongs / PJs.

I realize I'm a hypocrite when I say this, but enjoying internet memes outside of the mainstream stuff and flaunting it makes you look creepy. I'm not personally attacking you, Pokebis, but rather I'm speaking in generalities. Now believe you me, I enjoy weird shit and I'm a huge hipster when it comes to what's popular, but I'm also very closeted about my interests and not in a gay way. I would not share my love of J-Core with a special lady until I reach the stage where I'm not trying to constantly impress her anymore.

In other words, we're trying to help. We don't want you to regret anything when you're older and with the internet in this day and age it's a lot harder for time to make weird shit you did in the past go away. Of course, you could find a little lady that enjoys MLP in an ironic internet way as well, but why limit yourself to a select few?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 pm

But enough with the unpleasantries, can you get anyone there to give you their opinion about the Foxconn factory?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Merk wrote:Great blog, keep it up. Congrats on playing Beet in the arcade. You will literally never do that again in your life unless you move to Texas/California/New Jersey or if you get invited to hang out at Brian Ho's. FYI the arcade controller makes the game much, much harder compared to the US Konami controller - the turntable is a lot farther away and you have to give the buttons a lot more 'oomph.'

You inspire me to write a blog for my Las Vegas trip.
There's IIDX in Washington state.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Well fuuuuuuuck me.

That reminds me, SDP, what is the appeal of Oregon? Does it have any claims to fame outside of The Oregon Trail? To me Oregon is a lot like West Virginia in the sense that you really don't hear much about either state and they are just sort of there. What do people do in Oregon? A friend of mine went there last summer and said that Oregon has beautiful cliffs.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:48 am

I enjoyed today's update. Shitting in holes does not sound like any fun.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Merk wrote:ull regret p0niez
Oh, I know how to act IRL. Since you don't actually know my IRL I guess you're sort of getting the wrong impressions. I'm a social satirist in everything I do and I can handle things in ways that aren't just "I LOVE THIS PONY!" I don't use it for anything except photos and very few of my photos have the doll in it; it's specifically intended for the blog and nothing else. Some of the things I write are jokes (a doll can't play SSF4AC). I did show it to the other Americans, but they they think it's a joke and it is. When the Taiwanese saw it it was because I was taking pictures. I have no problem dealing with chicks and I might actually try to date a girl over here that I met yesterday.

To the internet I'm some weeaboo troll, but IRL I'm just a normal kid. Except here in Taiwan. Here I'm a freaking superstar.

Also I actually really like the show, I'm not a memefag. I use South Park to balance it out. But you should seriously give the show a shot; I intended to watch it like I watched Lucky Star: chronologically just to see what's up. I didn't like Lucky Star. But I really liked ponies. It isn't for everyone, but you should really give it a serious chance. And the online community is like the western version of Touhou. It has a ridiculous amount of actually good original content. It's actually better than touhou for the time being seeing as not-even-half of the community is a bunch of massive faggots (internet faggots, not LGBT) yet.

The blog is for a lot of different places online and I'm trying to show things that other people will like. For example,I don't really care for Vocaloid, but I'll post pics of miku and crap to appeal to them. I post ponies so bronies can see it.

But, yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. I've got it under control, man. I can adapt to pretty much every social situation and improvise my way out of it.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 pm

I like you, Pokebis, I'm glad we're on the same page.

I tried watching the first episode of MLP to see its appeal but I lost interest during the scene where the purple pony was dicking around in a library with some clumsy purple dragon thing. I dunno, I don't have the patience to get to the good parts that everyone raves about on the internet.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Pokebis wrote: But, yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. I've got it under control, man. I can adapt to pretty much every social situation and improvise my way out of it.
Aren't all children's programs all delivering the same message in the end? Just be yourself. Don't be a phony pony.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Merk wrote:Well fuuuuuuuck me.

That reminds me, SDP, what is the appeal of Oregon? Does it have any claims to fame outside of The Oregon Trail? To me Oregon is a lot like West Virginia in the sense that you really don't hear much about either state and they are just sort of there. What do people do in Oregon? A friend of mine went there last summer and said that Oregon has beautiful cliffs.
Two major mountains that still have rideable snow in the summer, Pacific ocean, Crater Lake, Portland's quirkiness and eccentricities, Hood River windsurfing and kite boarding, rock climbing everywhere, hiking, no sales tax (makes up for it in property tax), lots of fresh produce and farmer's markets, tons of good wineries and breweries, warm but not humid summers, rainy but not really cold winters and me.

You can also sit around and complain that there's nothing to do like a lot of college kids do, though. Snooty ass Californians coming up for cheaper tuition...