ITT it's 2003

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

ITT it's 2003

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:11 am

Code: Select all

In this thread we will post like it's IndyDDR circa 2003. If you need to say something out of character (ie post something as if it were not 2003) then you need to do it in code quotes like this little paragraph here. Anybody not posting like its 2003 outside of code quotes will be banned.
Boy that Putt-Putt tournament sure sounded fun you guys! Too bad I couldn't go since I am banned. Grats to little Joe for taking the tournament maybe next time he'll have some real competition like me. I can't wait until Konami releases Extreme 2 or whatever the next mix will be called! It should be announced sometime in the next six months hopefully.

Maybe one of these days Tokens 'n' Tickets will upgrade to Extreme :( at least they don't have a broken IIDX machine lolololol

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ITT it's 2003

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am

y hulo thar guys i'm harry potter!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 am

This seems like it could be amusing. But what's ITT? And why 2003?
The pictures (day one/day two) from the DDR-A-THON are now available for viewing in the Photo Archive. I didn't really take as many pictures as I wnated to. I seemed to get distracted a lot by all the goings on. Sorry!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the DDR-A-THON for making it such a huge success. And of course special thanks to Jim and Susie, without whom the event would not have been possible at all!

I'm in the process of adding some captions to them now. In the meantime, I could use some help identifying some of the people in the pics. A lot of the time the reason I don't have captions on the pics is because I don't know who the names of the people pictured. Just send me a PM with the date and pic number and the names of the people in the pic. Be sure to identify what names go with which faces. Thanks!

I also have videos of all the freestyle performances. It's going to take me a little time to get all of those put together, so please be patient with me. Is there any interest in another DVD? Let me know.

That's a real post from 2003, btw. :P

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 am

Ho wrote:

This seems like it could be amusing. But what's ITT? And why 2003?

I don't know I always thought 2003-2004 was the pinnacle of DDR and when people had the most interest. DDR was still fresh and music games were still these quirky little niche games that most people never played. A AAA was rare and the jaws of bystanders would drop at someone doing well on Max 300.
Ho wrote:I also have videos of all the freestyle performances. It's going to take me a little time to get all of those put together, so please be patient with me. Is there any interest in another DVD? Let me know.
Yeah I'd be interested in another DVD since my family is still rolling with a 56k dial-up connection in this great age of broadband. We're finally getting FIOS from Verizon installed in our neighborhood and it just makes me sad because I know my family won't get it since they're retarded. Anyway, I finally got the DVD of the Laserflash freestyle videos working on my PC (those DVDs don't work on Playstation 2s apparently). If you need any help in making the DVDs just let me know. We should do this for all events!
ChocoboJoe wrote:y hulo thar guys i'm harry potter!
Harro Potter! Are you new here? I don't think I've met you yet. How old are you, what do you like to do? Do you like Harry Potter?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Just got my CF pad in the mail! I'll be setting up Stepmania and hopefully we can all get together sometime to play custom charts. Since Konami probably won't make another arcade mix after Exteme, I've found some pretty good song packs.

http://steamsteamlol.ytmnd.com/

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey Fluffy I'm coming to IU for college and I was wondering what the DDR scene is like down there. I'm familiar with Lazerlite and I think the Union has 3rd or something. Who all plays (I know Secef and you)? Is anyone especially good? I'm going for a business major, are you at all familiar with the business school there?

I'm coming down for orientation in the summer, I'll post whether I can hang out or not.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Merk wrote:Hey Fluffy I'm coming to IU for college and I was wondering what the DDR scene is like down there. I'm familiar with Lazerlite and I think the Union has 3rd or something. Who all plays (I know Secef and you)? Is anyone especially good? I'm going for a business major, are you at all familiar with the business school there?

I'm coming down for orientation in the summer, I'll post whether I can hang out or not.
Yeah, Business School is pretty easy. I just switched to Informatics. I figure Informatics will land me a job in the IT world. I can't wait to have the big $$$ and be swimmin' in biddies.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 pm

u guyz r all homos

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh hey who are you? Welcome to IndyDDR! What does ITG 4 Lyfe mean? Does ITG stand for something?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:Hey Fluffy I'm coming to IU for college and I was wondering what the DDR scene is like down there. I'm familiar with Lazerlite and I think the Union has 3rd or something. Who all plays (I know Secef and you)? Is anyone especially good? I'm going for a business major, are you at all familiar with the business school there?

Yeah, Business School is pretty easy. I just switched to Informatics. I figure Informatics will land me a job in the IT world. I can't wait to have the big $$$ and be swimmin' in biddies.
lol what the fuck is Informatics? I've never heard of it.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Merk wrote:Oh hey who are you? Welcome to IndyDDR! What does ITG 4 Lyfe mean? Does ITG stand for something?
On that same note, who is the dude in your avatar? He looks like a mad nerd.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:36 pm

To be honest I don't know I just took this .gif off of someone from Bemanistyle. I don't know the whole story behind it but the filename was "chadmad.gif" so maybe the dude is named Chad?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Lolcat brrrrrrrap yo you guys heard of ytmnd loooool memes are funny. I just got together with this chick and she bought me counter strike source for my birthday, but I dunno if I'll actually play it at all, fps games aren't really my thing, especially with WoW coming out next fall. Gotta go to band practice we're gonna win state this year!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Sorry for the late response, my mom had to use the phone. But yeah, I would never consider playing this game until maybe after my 18th birthday; Tony Hawk 2 is where it's at. How about that Brittany Spears? Can't wait until she turns 18...

What kind of computers do you guyz have? My mom just bought us this machine with 60 GB hard drive and Pentium II processor, it only cost $1,200 what a deal right? Also we got a free month trial of AOL, so I don't know how long I'll be around, but nice to meet you guys.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 pm

im 8 yrs olddd