Happy Birthday LANman247

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Happy Birthday LANman247

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 am

Can you please fix the Stepmania machine at Putt-Putt to allow extra stage? Also the confirm button on the right side is jank and doesn't allow you to get into the options screen after selecting a song. Left side works fine.

Happy birthday!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Happy Birthday LANman247

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 pm

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:34 am

LOL
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:51 pm

LANman!

This is your annual reminder that you need to fix up the Putt-Putt Stepmania cabinet!

LANman247
Beginner
Beginner

Post by LANman247 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 pm

LOL - I just searched for LANman247 in Google and this was on the first page. Thanks for the Happy Birthdays! My life has been pretty crazy for the last couple of years, but to make a long story short, I have been rarely in or near Fort Wayne (currently living in Spain). However, I'll be in and out of FW for the month of July. Does anyone know if Kyle still works at Putt-Putt? If he's still around I will make an effort to do things to the machines (software-wise), and maybe he'll do some hardware maintenance if needed.

I've been out of the loop in the music game scene for quite some time now! How's the scene?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm

welcome back!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 am

Scene? What scene?

LANman247
Beginner
Beginner

Post by LANman247 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:30 am

LikeableRodent wrote:Scene? What scene?
That's what I thought :P

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 am

LANman247 wrote:LOL - I just searched for LANman247 in Google and this was on the first page. Thanks for the Happy Birthdays! My life has been pretty crazy for the last couple of years, but to make a long story short, I have been rarely in or near Fort Wayne (currently living in Spain). However, I'll be in and out of FW for the month of July. Does anyone know if Kyle still works at Putt-Putt? If he's still around I will make an effort to do things to the machines (software-wise), and maybe he'll do some hardware maintenance if needed.

I've been out of the loop in the music game scene for quite some time now! How's the scene?
LANman you are a baller, welcome back! Glad you found our birthday posts, I often wonder if people who have long since forgotten about this forum haphazardly find their way back here and see all the wonderful posts we make about them. We never forget, you are not forgotten.

I have no idea who Kyle is at Putt-Putt because I was banned from there when the music game scene was big. In fact, I never really knew anybody who worked at Putt-Putt other than Brent. But hey, if you're in the area next month and you somehow, someway get access to the DDR stepmania cabinet I would really appreciate it if one credit doubles was put back on!

The casual music game scene is more or less dead unfortunately, the few times I've been back to Ft. Wayne and played at Putt-Putt I've seen some randoms come in and play ITG for more than a single round though so it's not totally gone. Obviously there are a few die-hards left but at this point we've all grown up, got big boy jobs, and we all own arcade machines now so any public arcade gatherings are few and far between. Besides, no one wants to see a bunch of 25+ year old dudes flopping around on a dance pad these days, it's kind of a shameful thing to do sadly.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 am

How did you get banned from Putt-Putt?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 am

Guilty by association.

HOMESTEAD KIDSSSSSSS

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 am

I was 16 and from Homestead High School lololololololol

But really I asked Mark who worked at Putt-Putt (BionixLeg on this forum) how to input the unlock codes for DDR Max2. We printed off the unlock steps from DDRfreak.com but for some reason the code wasn't working so I figured I could ask Mark for help because he was involved the DDR community and he seemed like the type of guy who would like to help people out. Little did anyone know that I was asking him so my friends and I could unlock the Max2 machine at Tokens 'n' Tickets, an arcade about a block away. The owner of Putt-Putt caught wind of this, drove over to Tokens 'n' Tickets, walked over to my friends and I and told us that we were not welcome there anymore and then stormed off. My friends and I were dumbfounded because we honestly didn't know who the guy was at the time but we got the unlock code working in any regard so we shrugged it off. TnT's machine was so much nicer and we didn't have to deal with the rowdy high school crowd jeering at DDR players there so the only real loss was that I couldn't chill with the Ft. Wayne crowd at the time.

Like 3 years later I went back and apologized to the owner and he said that it was all good. Mark called me a hypocrite or some shit after I got unbanned and he stopped working there shortly thereafter. Not sure if he quit or whatever but Putt-Putt became the defacto go-to arcade since they had IIDX and the only ITG machine back when that was in style. Now it's a great place to go because the Stepmania/ITG cabinets are quartered off in their own little room and it's fairly cheap to play there.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:48 pm

What the hell why did IIDX machines exist before I started playing it.
They used to be in Washington too. At least they have a Pop'n cab, but it's not like I'll even have time to go to Seattle anyways.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 pm

If it makes you feel any better that machine still exists in Indiana!