IndyDDR, the documentary

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

IndyDDR, the documentary

Post by Blacktop » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

I don't know how many of you guys know Michael, our events manager at Tilt. He just got his handy HD camera and has been walking around with it like a madman, stopping at nothing to record everything that happens in his life.

He's been developing the concept of doing a film study of the development of the DDR community from birth to present for awhile, and now he has the equipment to make it so. The idea is to tell the story of what DDR is from all of our different perspectives, and tell the story of IndyDDR from the eyes of the people that lived it.

To do this, he is conducting interviews with people that were involved with the community during any point of its existence, and he has invited everybody to stop by Tilt any day that he might be around to contribute a few sentences (or many sentences depending on what you have to say) for the program.

If you're interested in contributing to this, but don't know who Michael is or how to get ahold of us, here's what you do. First, you can add the Tilt Indy Facebook page and message it -- Michael takes care of all of the business on there. Another option is you can talk to me and I can relay your interest to him. The third option is you just show up at Tilt some day and say you're a DDR player and ask for him, the obvious risk being that he might not be there.

Post or contact me or anyone at Tilt for more info on the project. I'm really eager to see what the final product is going to look like.
I'm old now

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Re: IndyDDR, the documentary

Post by Original Sin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am

Well, you know things are pretty much done for when it gets a documentary.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Sounds like a really boring documentary, I'm not gonna lie.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:52 pm

It just needs characters.

Who will be our Snooki? I think Merk.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:55 am

Hmm, it could certainly be done to be low quality and boring, but having seen what this kid does with videos in the past, I don't think that's the kind of product he's going to end up with. I have faith in it. =]
I'm old now

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Michael will be hanging out with his camera Friday at Tilt during Potter's sending off party. We'll be filming if anyone's interested.
I'm old now

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:26 pm

These are literally the people you need to interview:

Ho (obviously)
Merk / Riot / Fluffyumpkins (they're all the same, they can talk about how the community has evolved over their tenure)
Shammers (you gotta have one cutie in there for sex appeal)
TaQa / The X (they can discuss what it was like to be king of the music games in their heyday + token oppressed minority)
BigBadOrc (you also gotta have one guy just stare blankly into the camera)
V / BlackCat (bitches get stitches)

Also if you want meaningful answers you should send your interview questions to these people before you record them otherwise you're going to get a bunch of ad lib nonsense and that is not how you make a documentary :x

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Damn Riot. You're off the cutie wagon and on the circle-jerk bus with a bunch of old guys. That's rough.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Riot has good Christian values and, as a married man, has enough moral aptitude to resist temptations of the flesh.

You fucking Heeb.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh my god lol at Merk's reason for including Mike. Hahahahahaha. I am still a cutie. I'm just a fattish disillusioned pseudo-cutey.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 am

You guys are incredibly well spoken and this is going to turn out really well. It's several months and dozens of interviews and random footage away from completion, but the info we got last night was.. really neat to listen to.
I'm old now

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 pm

I still wanna be interviewed!! lol.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 pm

We will make that arrangement any time you want to do it. =]
I'm old now

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm gonna be there next Saturday for the Naptown Clutch fighting game tourney, I expect an interview about my MASSIVE IMPORTANCE to this community.

Orrrr at least a 5 second spot on providing witty passive aggressive comments for 9 years on this site.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Riot wrote:I'm gonna be there next Saturday for the Naptown Clutch fighting game tourney, I expect an interview about my MASSIVE IMPORTANCE to this community.

Orrrr at least a 5 second spot on providing witty passive aggressive comments for 9 years on this site.
Clutch sounds like it's going to be freakin' huge. Can't wait! And when you're here just flag Michael down (I'll probably be there too) and we'll get you an interview. =]
I'm old now