Riot's first day of teaching thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Riot's first day of teaching thread

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I just told you them!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 pm

You don't have any projects to do? Any errands to run? Any part-time jobs to supplement your income? Hobbies?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:26 pm

I mean in a few weeks I'll probably try to think of a few more units to do for next school year, I've been doing a few little things around the house (need to fix light fixture), and listen to Meg nag me about going on a trip. Games are my hobby! I am content to juts relaxing and catching up on games I haven't beaten yet. I don't really think it's that realistic/worthwhile to try to apply and get a part time job that will last for the whopping 8-10 weeks of summer. By the time I got the job and went through any mandatory training BS, I'd be putting in my 2 weeks and they'd be madddddd.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Back to school. How's the first week Riot?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Teacher days next Monday/Tuesday, kids start next Wednesday the 15th. =( Haven't really done any preparation, but have last two years' worth of plans to ride on.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Riot wrote:Teacher days next Monday/Tuesday, kids start next Wednesday the 15th. =( Haven't really done any preparation, but have last two years' worth of plans to ride on.
Hell yeah. Fast forward to 2020. You'll be teaching the exact same curriculum using the exact same books and movies. It won't be long before some new college grad with a hip haircut comes along with fancy innovative teaching ideas. He'll be the one talking about how his students are using Quatumcore processors and 3d Spectro-cams to make movies.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:Teacher days next Monday/Tuesday, kids start next Wednesday the 15th. =( Haven't really done any preparation, but have last two years' worth of plans to ride on.
Hell yeah. Fast forward to 2020. You'll be teaching the exact same curriculum using the exact same books and movies. It won't be long before some new college grad with a hip haircut comes along with fancy innovative teaching ideas. He'll be the one talking about how his students are using Quatumcore processors and 3d Spectro-cams to make movies.
Then fast forward to 2050 and Riot will be talking about how "back in his day they used keyboards for computers and touchscreens weren't commonplace."
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Then fast forward to 2050 and Riot will be talking about how "back in his day they used keyboards for computers and touchscreens weren't commonplace."
Pretty sure dinosaurs will have already taken over by then.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 am

Riot please give us a good post about your first day of teaching this year and tell us about all the ruffians.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Hopefully it's not as bad as last year's bunch. They were mostly fine but a handful of them really ruined my day every day for the second semester.

Anyways I always start Language Arts off with Rikki Tikki Tavi! What a good ol' mongoose.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Riot wrote:Hopefully it's not as bad as last year's bunch. They were mostly fine but a handful of them really ruined my day every day for the second semester.

Anyways I always start Language Arts off with Rikki Tikki Tavi! What a good ol' mongoose.
Mongooses mongooses
eat cobras like bacon
but believe it or not
neither geese nor Jamaican

A poem my friend wrote. Please write it on the board.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:49 am

Tell us about school this year. Are you happy to be shaping our youth?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 am

Mongooses mongooses
eat cobras like bacon
but believe it or not
neither geese nor Jamaican
Holy shit this was an excellent post and I am sorry I did not give it a lol sooner.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Man tomorrow it's Rikki-Tikki-Tavi time all over again.

This year's kids seem nice so far, but I have so many of them that I am will be annoyed all year. I barely have space in my room for all the kids in most of my classes.

I'm also annoyed that my LA curriculum changed some so I can't do some of the books I have made materials and stuff for the last four years and have to make a bunch of new stuff for books I've never read, much less taught. Uguuu~

Someone find me a good job so I won't be stressed out all the time!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 pm