Riot's first day of teaching thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Riot's first day of teaching thread

Post by Potter » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 pm

LoL cute little Coney Baby!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Hello Riot!

It's the start of a new year please tell us how it went!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 am

Still waiting....

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:21 am

wat a lil bitch gosh riot
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 pm

I am all over the place! I teach 7 different preps pretty much (though most are co-taught). It's hard to keep track of what team wants to do what to plan anything. Here is my schedule:

Advisory - basically a homeroom class for 20 minutes with 6th graders, trying to teach them about various school stuff and developing a relationship. This isn't supposed to be a prep, but it basically is now because we have to teach all of these concepts throughout the year and it's just another thing piled on for me to think about.
Red 1 - 8th grade Dream team ISB class (~160 kids, they split halfway through, so about 80 kids for 45 mins and the other 80 for the other half)
White 1 - 7th grade Cyber 7 ISB (similar story, but 7th grade likes to do 90 minute chunks for multiple days in a row and then switch later and flip flop lessons)
Red 2 - Communications (digital design stuff, working on Photoshop right now but 5%-10% or so of the kids don't even have laptops yet so trying to think of other stuff for them to do for 90 minutes....)
White 2 - Video Journalism (having them rearrange a cut up Popeye cartoon and put it back in order, basics of Premiere. Had to track down a new serial key for this, and again, a large portion of the kids don't have laptop ready yet...)
Red 3 Literature - I have to teach this elective in a weird giant room that the building used for staff meetings. It's not an ideal classroom and this class is just another elective. I've taught it for 6 years now at least.
White 3 Prep - I finally get to sit down.
Red 4 7th grade Star team ISB - they do the same projects as Cyber 7s but in a different order throughout the year so more stuff to plan for and schedule. Again, 160 kids, sometimes split 45/45 minutes, sometimes on 90s.
White 4 8th grade Trailblazer team. 160 kids split into two 45/45 minute chunks.

The hardest part is that I have to update weekly calendars for all of these classes and post links/assignments if need be. Mondays are pink days where you go to all of your classes for 45 minutes (which then makes the 45/45 splits on a normal ISB day into 20 minute halves, or 45 mins without a split and then maybe catching up with the other half next Monday). The rest of the week is Red day/white day block scheduling. It's really hard to keep all of this straight.