Fantasy Football interest thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Frisbez
Standard
Standard

Re: Fantasy Football interest thread

Post by Frisbez » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Phillip Rivers needs to throw about 3 passing touchdowns while Ryan Matthews need to avoid the ball at all costs.

I'm pretty disappointed in Frank Gore and the 49ers. I thought this was the year that Alex Smith would turn them around...instead they get thrashed by the Pete Carrol led rebuilding Seahawks...

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Ho wrote:I had the thought that I should run with my auto-draft team and not touch it at all. It'd be like a quick pick lottery ticket!

That's a legitimate strategy, right?
This is absolutely legitimate. Hell, because it's your first time it might be the best strategy available!

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 am

Welp that was an interesting Monday to say the least.

- Ravens squeak by the Jets thanks to a Jets defense that forgot the rules of football. Both teams had an incredibly sloppy game and Joe Flacco once again proves just how much he's holding the Ravens back.

- Chiefs upset the Charger in the pouring rain in their new stadium. Could only watch half the game since I had to work this morning and whatnot but not even Philip Rivers could make up for the Chargers run defense.

Fantasy was pretty neat!

- Travis leads the league right now with a win and the highest score. gg Travis, your players had a fantastic week.

- Brian falls just short of Frisbez. Philip Rivers had a great stat line despite the loss while Ryan Matthews had a fairly ho-hum rookie debut. At least Matthews has been cemented as the primary RB for the Chargers so he should have better weeks once the team finds their rhythm.

- ipwnzj00all's team had a little bit of luck and was able to overcome the deficit he had Sunday night to earn a win over SDP. Thankfully the Jets offense couldn't do shit and ipwnzj00all's Ravens defense scored him a much needed 8 points for the win.

I'm excited for next week! SDP and I should have a good game, our projected points are just about even so it could really go either way. Travis and Frisbez should have a great high scoring game as well, best of luck to you both. ipwnzj00all / Brian should have a great game as well with Brian right now having a nice 10 point projected victory.

Best of luck picking your players this week and I hope this all has furthered your interest in futbaw.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 pm

But what about the over/under? ;)

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I am actually 100% down with putting an over/under on someone's fantasy points for the week if you're willing to gamble, Mr. Ho.

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I hope my winning streak can continue in both my leagues! But we shall see how the players end up this weekend. But for sure, Peyton will gimme some HUGE points! So good luck to everyone and see you after the ass whoopins have ended. =)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I'll do my little football update of the week tomorrow guys! Sorry, I thought the site was still hacked so I didn't bother checking it until pretty much now.

In the land of Turkey there is no football. . . .

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:17 am

FOOTBAW

Week 2 in football gave us another set of great games and massive upsets. The Jets, who looked horrible in week 1, decisively conquered the Patriots and trolled the everliving fuck out of the chumps in Boston. Da Bears, who everyone wrote off this year after a God awful off-season, are 2-0 with an upset over the super bowl favorite Dallas Cowboys. And the 49ers lose a tight one to the Saints on Monday Night Football.

Fantasy gave us a close match between Travis and Frisbez. Despite a great effort from Travis' Pierre Thomas, his team was not able to overcome Frisbez' lead after all was said and done on Sunday. I of course got blown the fuck out by SDP who practically doubled my score and I have yet to earn a win this year. Ho had a triumphant victory over ipwnzj00all whose players all had a horrible performance - but such is the nature of the start of the season, in due time we'll know which players will see the ball and pick up shloads of points.

As it stands, Frisbez is leading the league with an undefeated record while SDP has a tight lead in total points for the year. I'm dead last in both points and record! Yay!

Next week gives us matches between me / ipwnj00all, Frisbez / SDP, and Ho / Travis. My match looks like to be an even game with my team having a slight projected advantage. Internet superstar SDP is projected to have a strong win over Frisbez. Lastly, Travis is project to have a marginal victory over Ho.

But anything can happen in this game.

Best of luck this week everyone!

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Lmao, "internet superstar" What is this, Ninja Warrior? - rolls -

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 pm

XeRo wrote:Lmao, "internet superstar" What is this, Ninja Warrior? - rolls -
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 am

Ok, Merk. If I'm reading it right, I think a bunch of my players are injured. What happens if I stick to my strategy of not doing anything? Or is it really in my best interest to figure out how this thing actually works and make some trades?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 am

One sec, let me take a look at your roster. You should have a bunch of players on your bench that aren't injured that you can play next week instead of your broken players.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 pm

I think I'm gonna edge this one out over Ad Hominem.

However, such a conflict for me to have Matt Forte AND Packers defense, lol.

Frisbez
Standard
Standard

Post by Frisbez » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 pm

haha. Our game is really close Polaris. I imagine you will pull it out because either the Packers defense will smack Matt Forte around and score lotsa points (they already have 3 sacks and a pick) or Forte will score some and shut me down. Having a TE+K vs RB+DEF is gonna favor the running back all day.

Maybe Jermichael will have a big day though...maybe.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Forte is getting rocked though. Every point GB D picks up is a point lost by Forte pretty much, haha.