When did you start playing and who was your mentor?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: When did you start playing and who was your mentor?

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 am

Potter wrote:ian flynnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:54 pm

hey das not ian flynn
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 pm

I am truly flattered to have touched so many lives.

I have no idea who would've been a mentor, but I do remember being very impressed with Jizzon way back in the fucking day. Kinda stopped playing for a bit, then I went balls out in the late 5th mix / early Max2 days at Tokens 'n' Tickets. Got kicked out of Putt-Putt around this time too so I couldn't really get a feel for any of the local players outside of the brag board on IndyDDR.

Riot, Mr. Rodent, Joe, and Travis were pretty much the people who I knew in person who played with relative frequency when I was in my hey-day. I've met the rest of the Ft. Wayne crowd in passing but I never really talked to anyone else, a shame since the people back then were pretty easy-going. Extreme came to TnT, I got wayyyyy better (for the time anyway) and I remember trying to be on par with Shannon 'UnlimitedMaxX' and for a time I was maybe on average a few one to three greats worse than him. He of course got way the fuck better, I moved to B-town, and fell in love with Chad.

And now I'm a fatty
Last edited by LikeableRodent on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing name

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:49 pm

2006 - Chad Wagner was my mentor for the most part :P he made me as awesome as I am today (on dance games and in real life)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

lgolem wrote:2006 - Chad Wagner was my mentor for the most part :P he made me as awesome as I am today (on dance games and in real life)
You were my greatest accomplishment. I am now self-actualized.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
lgolem wrote:2006 - Chad Wagner was my mentor for the most part :P he made me as awesome as I am today (on dance games and in real life)
You were my greatest accomplishment. I am now self-actualized.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
I am my greatest accomplishment. I am now self-aggrandizing.
oh

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:09 am

Riot that's like me and you except instead of macaroni it was kettle cooked BBQ flavored potato chips.

Riot those fucking chips were expensive why did you buy them if you're always strapped for papers?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I only bought them when it was like $5 for two big bags. They are expensive but they are the yummiest chips.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:33 am

So like.. HI and stuff. Resurrecting an old post :D I first saw Jon and Josh playing and doing some freestyle at putt putt way back in the day. I used to swear up and down when they actually played ddr that they HAD to have had it memorized..because there was no way they were doing that. Haha. Anyway When I started playing I pretty much played with Lee all the time. I dont know if any of you guys remember him. :( I haven't talked to him in ages. After that it was kind of like everyone that I played with would help me get better. Now im fat and I suck at ddr and I couldnt tell you the last time I played. :D
~*Erica*~

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:26 am

Saw a pic of the ho on erica's facebook page so I figured I'd pop in and see what was going on this here board... :D

I started way back whenever bloomington got their 3rd mix machine. A few months previous to it arriving I had modded a nes power pad to work with the game because I had always been interested in it but the closest one was a crappy DDR usa mix at gameworks. Played until max 2 came out and lost interest in college due to partying/doing things. Now I live in south dakota and spend too much time working and don't have the time for such things :(
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 am

sam wrote:Saw a pic of the ho on erica's facebook page so I figured I'd pop in and see what was going on this here board... :D

I started way back whenever bloomington got their 3rd mix machine. A few months previous to it arriving I had modded a nes power pad to work with the game because I had always been interested in it but the closest one was a crappy DDR usa mix at gameworks. Played until max 2 came out and lost interest in college due to partying/doing things. Now I live in south dakota and spend too much time working and don't have the time for such things :(
Well at least you're not getting mugged anymore!