Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!

Post by Blacktop » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 pm

So I tagged a few people on Facebook about this, but I wanted to leave a post here, too.

On Wednesday, I'm moving to the University of Indianapolis and I will be living on campus. My roommate and I decided it would be pretty swell to get a fish. The only problem is that we both live a several hour drive away from Indianapolis, and it's doubtful that such a fish would be able to survive the drive home. Which is why I was wondering if anybody in the Indianapolis area would be willing to take care of my little fishy during the long Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.

Contact me if interested. =]
I'm old now

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Why wouldn't it survive the car ride home? Are you going to put it your pocket or something?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Get a betta, put it in a 1 gal fish tank. When you travel, lower the water to about 1/3 of the tank (bettas can survive in very small amounts of water, they are ninja masters).

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm

The beta thing might work.

I'm just thinking that I'm not sure how to create a particularly stable aquarium rig in my car. The Swashbuckler isn't exactly the smoothest ride, and you can pretty much feel everything on the road. Not to mention the risk of abrupt stops or turns... I'd imagine whatever surface I set the fishbowl on would absorb a lot of shock and toss a lot of water (and perhaps the fish) around.
I'm old now

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 pm

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:17 am

Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig