We need to resuscitate IndyDDR...

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: We need to resuscitate IndyDDR...

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 am

Speaking of people dying, pzpzpz Billy Mays

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:26 am

RIP King of Infomercials
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:59 pm

DAVE101 wrote:
Original Sin wrote:I haven't even touched a DDR/ITG/WTF machine since ...shit, 2005 I think. There hasn't been any point. The scene here in Fort Wayne was laughable to begin with, and the few of us here who actually played on a regular basis either moved, or gave it up damn near completely. I don't even know if Putt putt has the machines any more.
I think it might be fun to play again for shits and giggles, but I doubt I'd be any good anymore. I really don't have any desire to get together and play on a regular basis, either. No one here plays anymore, and I never got to know anyone from the Indy groups, either. So, there's not much point in me participating anymore. Even if I happened to drive down to Indy or Bloomington, none of you down there even know me.
I guess no one plays for fun any more.
It's fun to play with other like minded people. I always played with my friends, and playing alone just isn't as much fun. Why do you think we have this thread in the first place?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:08 pm

I don't play just because everyone else does. If everyone else stops, that wouldn't affect me in the least.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:37 pm

DAVE101 wrote:I don't play just because everyone else does. If everyone else stops, that wouldn't affect me in the least.
I never enjoyed the game itself very much, I just enjoyed the atmosphere. The game itself is.....well, let's face it. It's pretty cheesy. 9 times out of 10
the music is terrible, unless you're a japanophile and get all hot and bothered over anything cutesy.

I played on my own a few times, but it was lack luster at best.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Original Sin wrote:I haven't even touched a DDR/ITG/WTF machine since ...shit, 2005 I think. There hasn't been any point. The scene here in Fort Wayne was laughable to begin with, and the few of us here who actually played on a regular basis either moved, or gave it up damn near completely.
Yeah playing for score was soooooo funny.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:15 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Original Sin wrote:I haven't even touched a DDR/ITG/WTF machine since ...shit, 2005 I think. There hasn't been any point. The scene here in Fort Wayne was laughable to begin with, and the few of us here who actually played on a regular basis either moved, or gave it up damn near completely.
Yeah playing for score was soooooo funny.
By laughable, I mean there weren't many. Hell, we lived in the same town for how long, and I think I've only seen you once or twice. The Fort Wayne
groups didn't seem to be as close knit as the ones further south. I never really got into the player for scores or competition stuff, I wasn't that good to begin
with. By the time I started to get good, most of the people I hung out with stopped playing regularly.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 am

I'm with Original Sin on this one. As I've stated many times before, the game is a social experience for me. I own a machine and I rarely even bother to turn it on unless people come over. Most of the time I don't find playing by myself very much fun at all.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm about 50-50 on this one. While I usually enjoy groups, there are plenty of times where playing by myself can be therapeutic. I don't have a dog to walk, so I step on arrows as rhythmically as possible.