We need to resuscitate IndyDDR...

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

We need to resuscitate IndyDDR...

Post by blackcat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 pm

So tonight we went to Ten Buck Tuesdays, with a decent sized group of people and had some fun.

I would post pictures, but Mike needs the bandwidth for StarCraft. Haha. Not much as changed :P I will post pictures tomorrow.

Anyways, I'm sure this is a futile attempt to try to make the IndyDDR community an actual community again, but I would like to at least try. I kind of miss coming here and being able to read interesting/funny posts. Most of all, hardly anyone hangs out with anyone anymore, except around tournament times. I think it would be cool if we had somewhat of a weekly meet up.

I do know that DDR has been in America since about 1998, so it is a dying interest for many people who have been playing for a while, and I hopped on the bandwagon a little bit late...which sometimes gives me hope that there will be a few people here and there that might be interested to join the community. I don't think that playing casually is a bad thing, but I do wish sometimes that there were more people that would like to play it frequently, thus adding more people to the IndyDDR community.

I just thought I would throw it out there, since tonight was actually a pretty fun time, and I know that Ten Buck Tuesday used to be a pretty big thing. I guess Gameworks is going to be setting up DDR X soon, which is pretty exciting. We really need to resuscitate this community, it's been teh lamez lately. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way too :P

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: We need to resuscitate IndyDDR...

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am

Blackcat definitely speaks the truth. Despite the fact that music games have been getting more exposure thanks in part to Guitar Hero and Rock Band, the basic reality is that many of the communities related to music games in general have been dwindling due to either overspecialization or due to simply lack of activity. While the community is split between Bloomington, Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and several of us spread amongst the more barren areas we should seek to be more active as a community not just on the forums, but also by being more active in coming together regardless of if it's in an arcade, or at somebody's house/apartment playing console releases.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 am

Most of all, hardly anyone hangs out with anyone anymore, except around tournament times.
Why would you want to hang out any time besides tournament times?

Oh, I thought this was IndyITG. My bad.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

This place has turned into IndyITG lately. Not that I have a problem with the game, but it leaves room for horrible attitudes, thus sucking the fun out of the dance/rhythm game community.

Is anyone interested in possibly trying to do a weekly meetup anywhere? Yesterday was so much fun, I want to have more fun like that.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Way to go Chad, way to kill IndyDDR. I always knew you would be the downfall of dancing games as we know it.

I'm so out of shape these days that I can't play for that long haha. I need to play... but I don't really wanna play Supernova. I'd probably play some more if we had Supernova 2 or Extreme. I guess Lazerlite still has it but for some reason that place creeps me out.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Riot wrote:Way to go Chad, way to kill IndyDDR. I always knew you would be the downfall of dancing games as we know it.
Way to make every girl on IndyDDR ever have a c-r-u-s-h on you. <3<3<3

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Hmmm there was a DDR bash yesterday and there's a ITG meetup going on today. I think the community is doing fine at this pace.

If only I had a DDR Extreme and/or a Pump NX:A machine in my basement I would gladly let people in anytime.

Oh yeah, and ITG SUX!!!!! Can I fit in now??

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Oh yeah, and ITG SUX!!!!! Can I fit in now??
Yes.
blackcat wrote:Stuff about weekly meetups!
I'm there. :D Of course, I can't go very far out yet, but I'd go to any Gameworks meets.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Intermezzo wrote:
Yes.
blackcat wrote:Stuff about weekly meetups!
I'm there. :D Of course, I can't go very far out yet, but I'd go to any Gameworks meets.
We'll have to see what happens with D&B. They open in less than one week. I heard they are getting Spider Stomp: Absolute X 2 (Final Mix).

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm

I lol'd. You're fitting in better than Wolfen did.

(I was going to add a picture of a dog here so I Googled "Bad Puppy." I will never Google that again.)

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL....

I googled Bad Puppy too, being the curious person that I am. First thing that pops up on the search list....well....I'll let everyone else find out for themselves. OMG. That is hilarious.

I'll post the infamous Wolfen icon for lulz:
n522970721_6459.jpg
n522970721_6459.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 11494 times

dr88
Standard
Standard

Post by dr88 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm

There's nothing wrong with ITG: Bloomington, however, happens to be the place without ITG (as far as I know), so we don't get to get along with ITG. It was fun back in Ft. Wayne, I admit it.

That doesn't, however, make PIU or DDR bad games. Sure, Supernova in Bloomington is not the greatest DDR, but it's still enjoyable. I'm not going to necessarily invest 10 dollars per day just so I can get better at DDR SN, but still, songs are decent, and steps are not bad (harsh grading makes me angry, though).

I personally like PIU the best. Great Xscape recently removed NX2 and (on Secef and my request) brought back Zero. Of course, we don't get to play great tracks from NX2 anymore, but we don't complain so much. Zero is still great and overall, PIU is a good game.

ITG is a good game: some people prefer ITG more than others. I just happen to prefer PIU more than others but that's not because ITG is bad. They're all great games and people of IndyDDR enjoy them.

dr88
Image Dallas? SALAD

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
I lol'd. You're fitting in better than Wolfen did.

(I was going to add a picture of a dog here so I Googled "Bad Puppy." I will never Google that again.)
Aww Chad, way to just yiff all over the place.

:3 :3
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:07 pm

dr88 wrote:I personally like PIU the best. Great Xscape recently removed NX2 and (on Secef and my request) brought back Zero. Of course, we don't get to play great tracks from NX2 anymore, but we don't complain so much. Zero is still great and overall, PIU is a good game.
Zero? Are you serious? I thought you guys would at least still have NX....I thought Daniel sold Zero like forever ago?

Anyways, I agree with a lot of what you said. You speak the truth.

dr88
Standard
Standard

Post by dr88 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:20 pm

blackcat wrote:Zero? Are you serious? I thought you guys would at least still have NX....I thought Daniel sold Zero like forever ago?
He has Zero and NX. Exceed 2 was the only one that Daniel sold. Besides, we agreed that we've played NX too much, so that is the reason why we requested Zero instead of NX. So far, we are very satisfied.

dr88
Image Dallas? SALAD