So, hey

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

trythil
Standard
Standard

So, hey

Post by trythil » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:05 am

I haven't posted around here in a long, long time. I used to live in Carmel, now I'm in Chicago.

I haven't seen many of you; only about four (five?) of you even know who I am. :P Of those five people, I haven't seen you guys (and girls) in a while, which is kind of a downer. At least there's the Internet and DDR-A-Thon.

In any case -- how's things? I'd like to catch up with IndyDDR.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for good arcades in the Chicagoland area? I've tried out the following so far:
- The Black Hole (Exceed machine is pretty broken, SuperNOVA's a bit better)
- Dave & Buster's (They've got NX2, but...well, it's pretty janky. At least the pad responds. Too bad parking is ridiculous.)
- UIC student center (the Extreme machine is not exactly in top shape, but it is playable)
- DePaul student center (ITG2 machine is in good shape, and even has "unlocks" on the song wheel. Heh.)
- Nickel City (not bad, just far)
- Schaumberg GameWorks (also not too bad, just far)

I guess that's a fair bit of the bemanistyle and ddrfreak lists, but if anyone knows anything that's not on those lists (or something I just missed), I'm all ears. Any music game is fine.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Re: So, hey

Post by letshavetea » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:21 am

You've met more than four or five of us... come on.

I've even met you haha. I'm the guy that stayed at Ho's house for a few nights back in late October of '07 when Ho and MonMotha were trading PIU machines. WhiteDragon, BlackCat, and BigBadOrc were there too. So.. right there you've met atleast five of us haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6580iYVTzw

That is, assuming you're who I think you are haha.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm

trythil wrote:I used to live in Carmel, now I'm in Chicago.
Yeah, seriously, what the hell? :?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 pm

All those who were at DAT6 know you as the guy with all the fancy camera equipment :P

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 am

trythil wrote:Also, does anyone have any suggestions for good arcades in the Chicagoland area? I've tried out the following so far:
- The Black Hole (Exceed machine is pretty broken, SuperNOVA's a bit better)
- Dave & Buster's (They've got NX2, but...well, it's pretty janky. At least the pad responds. Too bad parking is ridiculous.)
- UIC student center (the Extreme machine is not exactly in top shape, but it is playable)
- DePaul student center (ITG2 machine is in good shape, and even has "unlocks" on the song wheel. Heh.)
- Nickel City (not bad, just far)
- Schaumberg GameWorks (also not too bad, just far)

I guess that's a fair bit of the bemanistyle and ddrfreak lists, but if anyone knows anything that's not on those lists (or something I just missed), I'm all ears. Any music game is fine.
There's a pretty decent Zero GX at ESPN Zone on Ohio street. A bit on the expensive side, but you're always going to have a crowd and will very rarely get hassled. Whirly Ball (check the PH database for that one) has a zero GX too, but you have to be 21 to be in there after 7pm.

If you're willing to go REALLY FAR, you can come to my house sometime for the old Dennis' Place for Games machine. It's a SX NX2 that I've been putting a lot of work into.

Wolfen
Standard
Standard

Post by Wolfen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:00 am

It's a sexy ass machine...

Hi Shane.
ImageImageImage

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:03 am

Wolfen wrote:It's a sexy ass machine...