WTF, the entire South Park series is legitimately online?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

WTF, the entire South Park series is legitimately online?

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 am

Recently South Park Studios, the official South Park website, was revamped with a new look. However, in a surprise move, the site has also made the entire series available at broadcast quality (640x480 resolution) and for newer seasons have put up the episodes unbleeped. At this point in time, I applaud Matt and Trey for this decision.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:03 am

Kinda makes me think "Why not?"
I mean, I doubt this would make less people watch the show or subscribe to Comedy Central.
If anything, it'll probably get more people into the show, making them more eager to see new episodes (which I doubt will be available online as soon as they air), bringing Comedy Central new customers. Brilliant!

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:57 pm

The entire southpark series has always been available streamed online at sites such as allabout-sp.net, mrtwig.net, and many others. This isn't really new or will make a difference. This site is deffinately more organized and realiable though, so that I am happy about.

Also another reason they are able to do this is you have to watch the ads throughout the episode, you can't skip them. Many shows do this its pretty common

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:50 pm

I know that other sites have episodes of various shows on regularily like Adult Swim, but none of them put the entire series online and at broadcast quality so that's a pretty big deal. As for being ad supported, I think that's definitely justified as it helps them with revenue for the site. While other sites have made the series available, one substansial difference is that this is completely legit unlike those sites.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:16 pm

All major sites have been posting there normal shows online for a while now. Online TV watching has actually got me into quite a few new shows.
I'm prettier than you :)

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 am

Anyone else having problems loading videos on this site? It was working great for a while, and now it doesn't load videos anymore for me.