VEGAN THREAD is ressurected 4 lulz

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 pm

lol fuck peta
not even going to get started
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:lol fuck peta
Show me on the doll where the PETA man touched you :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:lol fuck peta
I share this sentiment.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm

If loving animals is wrong, consider me a Petaphile.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

I think this is awesome, luckily for me, I'm a wizard. Being a wizard, this means that I have no cholesterol problems, which leads me to live longer than the average Muggle.

We here at Hogwarts also get served plenty of Pumpkin Juice, which keeps our wizardy skills keen and active.

If you would like to become Hogwartian instead of Vegan, please, do visit our site to help in this en devour.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-food.html

Just like your book of facts on Vegans, everything in here has FACTUAL Citations from the world of Hogwarts also.

Hope to see ya there soon, if ya come we can play some Quidditch!
I'm prettier than you :)

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am

On a side note, does this mean you and katie can't have each other's peen and vageen anymore :( That'd be a sad day.
I'm prettier than you :)

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 am

Vagoo has to be vegan cause it rhymes with Ragu and tomato sauce is vegan friendly afaik.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:01 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Vagoo has to be vegan cause it rhymes with Ragu and tomato sauce is vegan friendly afaik.
As long as it doesn't smell like Ragu.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 pm

wow dude.. if it smelled like ragu.. tomato sauce.. fresh warm pizza.. that would kick ass?
groovestats
<3 blackcat

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:59 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:wow dude.. if it smelled like ragu.. tomato sauce.. fresh warm pizza.. that would kick ass?
Something sweet like chocolate or cherry (lol cherry) I would understand, but tomato? I like tomatoes as much as the next guy but ew.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:35 pm

groovestats
<3 blackcat

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:04 pm

That map is pretty good. You can't really pin it on dairy or meat though. I blame the $1 value menu.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote: That map is pretty good. You can't really pin it on dairy or meat though. I blame the $1 value menu.
Exactly. We've been partaking of dairy and meat for a long time, processed or not. The obesity 'epidemic' has nothing to do with what we're eating, but HOW we're eating. People are busier now than they used to be, and women who traditionally stayed at home preparing meals and caring for kids, are now mostly working. People just don't have time to think, plan, or otherwise care about what they're eating....thus, we turn to frozen foods, fast food, etc, and it's no secret that's bad for you. There's no big conspiracy there.

Meat and dairy have been processed in packing plants and shit holes for a looooong time, using unscrupulous methods. Obesity is becoming an issue now, not because of meat, or dairy, or any of that, but because people for the most part are taking the easy way out, and eating the cheapest, fastest alternatives to a home cooked meal they can find. And this isn't entirely the fault of the people, either, but our society and economy in how it's changed. Some people need 2 jobs just to survive, and if you work 16 hours a day, the last thing you want to do is come home and spend another 2 hours in the kitchen.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:That map is pretty good. You can't really pin it on dairy or meat though. I blame the $1 value menu.
Actually, I can:)

Here's a quote from this article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition:

"In the present study, the mean weight, BMI, and prevalence of overweight and obesity were highest among omnivores compared with semivegetarians, lactovegetarians, and vegans. In a multivariate, adjusted logistic regression model, vegans had a significantly lower risk of overweight or obesity than did omnivores, as did lactovegetarians and semivegetarians. A reduced risk of overweight or obesity was also observed when we recategorized women as actual lactovegetarians on the basis of reported dietary intake on the FFQ rather than on the basis of whether they identified themselves as a vegetarian."

Obviously, this is not the only factor in determining obesity, but if this paper can be believed, than it IS a significant contributor !
groovestats
<3 blackcat

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I think that that has to do with the simple fact that most people who choose to adhere to a stricter diet (i.e. veganism) also take the time to educate themselves on living an overall healthy lifestyle. This means that they're more likely to have healthier eating habits and make better choices among their diet. Many people who don't adhere to a specific diet also simply don't care about or are ignorant of what they really put into their bodies. But that doesn't single out dairy and meat as the immediate CAUSE of the obesity. Almost any diet, coupled with smart choices, can be a part of a healthy lifestyle.