obama is all kinds of good

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 am

BigBadOrc wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:I don't believe I am advocating it as one in my post, please show me where I did so
I was attempting to understand your post, I wasn't saying that you said that, I was just asking you if that's what you meant because I did not understand what you meant when you made a distinction between the "THEORY of evolution" and the "science as we know it". You brought up creationism, I was trying to understand why.
hascoolnickname wrote:I'm sorry you're right when Dr. Paul said it's fine and that there's nothing to have an absolute answer on whether it's true or not he obviously meant that it doesn't exist and he doesn't believe in it at all. Keep in mind we're talking about the THEORY of evolution here, not evolution as a science as we know it, but the THEORY of evolution that has to be mutually exclusive to creationism and every other idea out there, unlike evolution as the mechanism for change of trait inheritance in a population.
So I guess I still don't see how your post addresses Paul's statement:
Ron Paul wrote:"it's a theory and i don't accept it."
And giving me a wiki and telling me to read it doesn't count as making a coherent argument ;)

this is why we can't have nice things

bak2grkn
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:46 am

Potter I proudly present you with the

groovestats
<3 blackcat

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:06 am

you're a pretty big guy seems like

ps: internet politics
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:23 am

Potter wrote:you're a pretty big guy seems like

ps: internet politics
ok so

1) you started this thread
2) nothing you've posted in this thread has in any way made any coherent argument or even voiced a credible idea whatsoever
3) you're making fun of me when i state an opinion that is completely on topic

so yes you get a fail seal sir.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:16 pm

after seeing you try to debate with the other members I really didn't see any reason to even waste my time rofl

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Potter wrote:after seeing you try to debate with the other members I really didn't see any reason to even waste my time rofl
i love how you act like you're so smart but all your comments are completely vague and ambiguous. you probably can't come up with a coherent thought or argument anyway. so yeah, just keep thinking that you're right and that you're better then me. you need people like ron paul because he actually knows how to speak and express himself and all you can do is mumble insults in lolspeak
groovestats
<3 blackcat

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:51 pm

http://themedium.blogs.nytimes.com/2007 ... -vid-lash/

Hey, the NYT made a correction? WHAT?!?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:06 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
Potter wrote:after seeing you try to debate with the other members I really didn't see any reason to even waste my time rofl
i love how you act like you're so smart but all your comments are completely vague and ambiguous. you probably can't come up with a coherent thought or argument anyway. so yeah, just keep thinking that you're right and that you're better then me. you need people like ron paul because he actually knows how to speak and express himself and all you can do is mumble insults in lolspeak

LOL

yea, I've never ever carried out an argument on here before

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Potter wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:

LOL

yea, I've never ever carried out an argument on here before

Har.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:43 pm

BigBadOrc wrote: you probably can't come up with a coherent thought or argument anyway.
Sorry, but I gotta stick up for my boy here.
pottar may be vague.
pottar may be grammatically incorrect.
but pottar haz intellijuhns

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:56 pm

You know, normally I'd be following all this presidential jargon like a hawk, but from what I've seen this far, I can come to one conclusion.

Whoever wins, we're fucked.

The new president would have to be a god amongst men to fix what we've fucked up in the past 8 years. To make matters worse, following politics has become the 'in' thing to do amonst young people, but most of them I've talked to base their entire opinion on wedge issues, making them just as bad as the ignorant hicks voting for the uber right wing, just because they're christian, regardless of their deeper political and economic standing.

As far as the wedge issues go, though, I'm defenitely fucked....I'm a moderate, who's pro-choice, pro-second amendment, anti-christian (as far as politics go), and I hate censorship. I also currently work a factory job.

I've not found a candidate who supports all of my ideals, and can help save my job. Hell, I haven't even found a candidate I remotely like yet.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Original Sin wrote:You know, normally I'd be following all this presidential jargon like a hawk, but from what I've seen this far, I can come to one conclusion.

Whoever wins, we're fucked.

The new president would have to be a god amongst men to fix what we've fucked up in the past 8 years. To make matters worse, following politics has become the 'in' thing to do amonst young people, but most of them I've talked to base their entire opinion on wedge issues, making them just as bad as the ignorant hicks voting for the uber right wing, just because they're christian, regardless of their deeper political and economic standing.

As far as the wedge issues go, though, I'm defenitely fucked....I'm a moderate, who's pro-choice, pro-second amendment, anti-christian (as far as politics go), and I hate censorship. I also currently work a factory job.

I've not found a candidate who supports all of my ideals, and can help save my job. Hell, I haven't even found a candidate I remotely like yet.
Vote for me, I make people's wildest dreams come true.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:08 am

danc1005 wrote:but pottar haz intellijuhns
I agree. However, I can understand why anyone would believe the polar opposite - if he wants to get any point across or to spread some sort of knowledge, presenting it clearly is pretty important. Strange movies about Ronald McDonald, 3-word phrases, and a complete molestation of the laws of both punctuation and grammar all hurt his argument, no matter how valid it may be.

$.02

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:43 am

BigBadOrc wrote:
Since I'm late to the party, I"m gonna go ahead and get my share in.

Potter probably just wants to give you the facts to arm yourself, rather than force opinion down your throat. Thus the wiki link rather than "ZOMFG UR IDIOT PLZ STFU ABUT EBOLUTIONP LZ KTHNX".

Also, insults are the indicator of a losing arguement.