originalsin this is for you

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:46 am

My ex's kit came with the spoon with the holes in it, so I figured that was how you were suppose to do it. And it even came with these nify sugar cubes. I haven't had any in like over a year or two. Last time he had some he got all pissed cause I chugged it. (it was before I knew how much it cost)

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 am

hascoolnickname wrote:also lol @ using drugs for creativity
Quoted for emphasis.

Frank Zappa was straight edge and he was one of the most creative musicians ever.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:34 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:poison free that's me

thujone is a poison, it blocks your GABA-A receptors, and even though its a terpenoid its not a cannabinoid so it doesn't even use/activate those receptors. GC-MS tests show that most levels of thujone printed on absinthe bottles are complete bullocks, etc etc making this drink pretty much FAIL

like you I'd rather not convulse or have any random trips, I think I'll skip out on the absinthe. If you're going to indulge- I cannot stress moderation enough, even though I haven't ever done it, from what science and general reports show this stuff is bad for you. THC sounds a lot safer/has less side effects. however I don't see any legal way of ingesting it here in the states, and since the way most people use combustion to receive the rapid onset from it that's pretty much fail too.

also lol @ using drugs for creativity
My gabba receptors are set to hardstyle.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:08 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:poison free that's me

thujone is a poison, it blocks your GABA-A receptors, and even though its a terpenoid its not a cannabinoid so it doesn't even use/activate those receptors. GC-MS tests show that most levels of thujone printed on absinthe bottles are complete bullocks, etc etc making this drink pretty much FAIL

like you I'd rather not convulse or have any random trips, I think I'll skip out on the absinthe. If you're going to indulge- I cannot stress moderation enough, even though I haven't ever done it, from what science and general reports show this stuff is bad for you. THC sounds a lot safer/has less side effects. however I don't see any legal way of ingesting it here in the states, and since the way most people use combustion to receive the rapid onset from it that's pretty much fail too.

also lol @ using drugs for creativity
Note that I said most genuine absinthe has very low amounts of thujone...it's the cheap absinthe that packs all that shit in there, and as I said...it's quite toxic. A well made absinthe doesn't rely on the thujone, so it doesn't need to have ungodly amounts of it in there. There are countless other things in absinthe.

lol at using drugs for creativity all you want. I get my concepts and ideas while I'm sober, if you will, but on occasion absinthe helps me get in the mood to actually DO something with my ideas. It creates a more 'visual' idea...something more tangible. That's really the only way I can describe it.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:30 am

MY MIND IS EXPLOSIONING UNICORN OVERLOADDDDDD

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 pm

I've never tried absinthe, but I don't expect that when I do that anything "special" will happen. Frankly, I just want to see how I feel, and to taste such an interesting relic from history. That, and I have a taste for fennel/anise flavors. (Incidentally, if you ever get a chance to try any Mauby, it's unique and delicious.) BTW, there's a lot more thujone in things like sage and other various herbs and herb oil additives that people use all the time than you'll find in absinthe. I'd be much more worried about things like the pesticide levels in my tap water than trace amounts of something you're already consuming in greater quantities in your Stove Top stuffing.

Googleded.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:20 pm

Jizzon wrote:I've never tried absinthe, but I don't expect that when I do that anything "special" will happen. Frankly, I just want to see how I feel, and to taste such an interesting relic from history. That, and I have a taste for fennel/anise flavors. (Incidentally, if you ever get a chance to try any Mauby, it's unique and delicious.) BTW, there's a lot more thujone in things like sage and other various herbs and herb oil additives that people use all the time than you'll find in absinthe. I'd be much more worried about things like the pesticide levels in my tap water than trace amounts of something you're already consuming in greater quantities in your Stove Top stuffing.

Googleded.
My point exactly! I've never had Mauby, but if you like those kind of flavors, you should check out Pernod. Essentially, it's a much sweeter, post-ban absinthe.
And you're right to not expect much from the first time you drink it. But, I will say this...drink it slowly, over the course of a few hours. 2 glasses at least. If you drink it too fast, you're likely to just get tipsy and not notice anything...but if you space it out a little, you should start to feel a bit.
However, I've never had Lucid brand, and they all can act somewhat differently. Mine was very slow acting, as I described before, where some can act faster...depends on the different concentrations of herbs they use, and perhaps the amount of alcohol. Lucid is a lower proof than my Edouard 72, so who knows? I can't wait to try it though.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:28 pm

EVERYBODY IN THE CLUB GETTIN TIPSY

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:35 am

OrangeLounger wrote:EVERYBODY IN THE CLUB GETTIN TIPSY
Noooooo, you missed the point entirely. Drunk is for brutes with no sense of style.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:04 am

Original Sin wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:EVERYBODY IN THE CLUB GETTIN TIPSY
Noooooo, you missed the point entirely. Drunk is for brutes with no sense of style.
I dunno. Did you not see our Karaoke videos?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:46 am

pretentious asshats turn a thread about informing something to someone into a piss-fest over pharmacology?

i thought this forum was free of anti-social asshats :?

if you had read anything on the person who made this particular drink you would know it isn't all about OMG thujone rather recreating the actual recipe as close as possible using GCMS "reverse engineering"

do a little research next time kiddo
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/absinthe.html
insert code compile execute return

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:48 am

A lot of people here don't take anything on these boards seriously.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 am

Original Sin wrote:A lot of people here don't take anything on these boards seriously.

lol i couldn't help it

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 am

sam wrote:
I thought those were the people who sit alone in their room and do drugs and get DRANKED on absinthe.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Riot wrote:
sam wrote:
I thought those were the people who sit alone in their room and do drugs and get DRANKED on absinthe.
I know you're just being a smart ass, but when I was in high school I used to hang out with kids who did a LOT of drugs, and I found them a lot more sociable and fun to be around then your average straight edge kid. I've never done drugs, buts that's just been my expierence.

Haha although looking back about half of them did drop out, but oh well.