Good ways to propose

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 am

lgolem wrote:why, planning on popping the question there scott underwood?

The one time I did it, I just did the typical, take her out to dinner at a nice fancy dinner and then got on one knee and asked her to marry me when we got to her place. It worked fine and she was surprised so it all worked out, till she turned more psychotic then I dumped her cause she got mad at me for something retarded. But that won't happen to you cause Meg is not a psycho.
You sound like a really mature winner!....

I don't know what I'd do if Potter was as immature to me as you were to your ex. Sounds like you did her a favor.

I LOVE POTTER!
I'm prettier than you :)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am

ROFL

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:55 pm

I'm lovin' this Hermoine girl/guy now.

Sneak it into her hoo-hoo right before her next gynecologist visit.

SURPRISE!

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:I'm lovin' this Hermoine girl/guy now.

SURPRISE!
Potter doesn't have to sneak it in ;) I'll let him into any place! :D

Potter is so hung!

Edit: excuse my vulgar language, but when I think of potter's manly-ness I get a little... excited :D

and hungry.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:57 pm

hermione wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:I'm lovin' this Hermoine girl/guy now.

SURPRISE!
Potter doesn't have to sneak it in ;) I'll let him into any place! :D

Potter is so hung!

Edit: excuse my vulgar language, but when I think of potter's manly-ness I get a little... excited :D

and hungry.
I was talking about a way for Scott to propose, not your sexual pleasure.

You shouldn't be having sex anyways. You're a fictional character!

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:36 pm

I would just like to show examples of more immaturity from that child lgolem.

http://www.indyddr.com/forums/rating.php?p=63845

Hes angry that you all heart my response to him, and decided to further his immaturity has a 12 year old boy by giving me a Miss.

lgolem is just jealous that I have potter and he doesn't. What a baby!

lgolem, there is a reason people like you don't get married, no girl wants you. Your ex just couldn't find a sweet enough way to let you go, so she, being the amazing person she is (especially now since she isn't with you), decided to pretend to be mean so you'd go away on your own. It really is the best way to get rid of guys, trust me :)

I'm sure glad I have my Potter baby boo. Hes so sweet ^_^

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:27 pm

You're just angry because your fictional snatch smells bad. Perhaps like ass and catfood, with a side of mayonaise. And not the good stuff either, I mean the cheap walmart brand mayo, after it's been sitting around for a while, and someone farted in the jar.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:15 pm

Original Sin wrote:You're just angry because your fictional snatch smells bad. Perhaps like ass and catfood, with a side of mayonaise. And not the good stuff either, I mean the cheap walmart brand mayo, after it's been sitting around for a while, and someone farted in the jar.
I don't want your imagination, Shaun.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:38 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Original Sin wrote:You're just angry because your fictional snatch smells bad. Perhaps like ass and catfood, with a side of mayonaise. And not the good stuff either, I mean the cheap walmart brand mayo, after it's been sitting around for a while, and someone farted in the jar.
I don't want your imagination, Shaun.
Believe me, it's both a blessing and a curse.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:11 am

You could always give her your ear.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Re: Good ways to propose

Post by aspen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:18 am

Riot wrote:Not that I am thinking about it quite yet (well, I AM, just not within the next few months), I thought it would be fun to hear ideas of how to propose in creative ways.

Here's mine:

Slide the ring into my butt so it fits real nice and tight in sphincter. That night when we get in bed, tell her I want to experiment a little and to put her finger in my butt, and that way the ring will just slide right onto her finger.

What are your ideas?
Since no one has seriously answered your questing...I will.

I proposed back in May, but I remember it well.

She was at work that night. Simple is more, that's my philosophy. I bought two packages of red rose petals, a dozen long stem roses, paper of her favorite color and her favorite flowers. I already had candles, but if you don't, it makes it more romantic (for them). I took the long stem roses and lined the hallway with them, spelling out "I heart you", with the heart being literally a heart shaped out on the floor. I lined the hallway, bedroom, and bed with rose petals (they were everywhere, a big mess but worth it). With the paper, I wrote out notes, and placed them at random spots along the way....some with words that I thought described her (ie. Beautiful) or promises and such. On the front door I put a note that gave a hint to what was coming, but not enough so I knew she would still wonder what was going on. On the bedroom door I wrote and semi lengthy "note" telling her exactly what I wanted her to know (and later re-stated in person). I lit several candles and turned off all the lights. I closed the door, and waited with Baiden (our dog), flowers and the ring.
So I guess, to imagine.......she read the note, walked in and saw a candle lit hallway lined with rose petals, and roses spelling out I love you with random notes along the way. I remember hearing her outside the door and knew she was reading. She opened the door to another candle lit area, our bedroom and saw me standing there with her glistening ring. I'm sure she knew at that point lol

Anyways, the rest is left to history. I think she told me that the roses were her favorite part. It was simple, just us....

Btw...she said yes.

So that's my proposal. You know her more than I do. I guess the biggest thing you need to know is if she wants just you two there, or rather be in public. Mine loved the fact we were alone.

Good luck, and let us know when you do propose :)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:49 pm

I love how he said "Simple is more" then went on to detail one of the most complex schemes this thread, or proposal in general, has seen.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

danc1005 wrote:I love how he said "Simple is more" then went on to detail one of the most complex schemes this thread, or proposal in general, has seen.
lol You bring up a valid point, but Aspen that was very romantic. I guess it all depends on the girl, would she like that romantic mushy stuff?

I know Grant and I have discussed it and we both agree that more then anything we'd have a more intimate setting, whether it be at our favorite place to eat or actually scratch that...lots of booze will be involved. :D
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 pm

Mine is the greatest story ever

well technically i had two but the first one was the best.

Joe and I had just started dating and my friend LEFT me in fort wayne (I had broken my elbow, and was in a cast) I had no where to live, no car, just a hundred bucks or so to my name.

We were in the putt putt parking lot, we had just finished playing ddr. I was all crying because I didn't know what i was going to do. Well joe goes back into putt putt and gets me one of those birthstone rings (worth like 50 tickets) and comes back outside. Then he asked me to marry him two days later we eloped and didn't tell anyone until we had done it.

two months after that he blindfolded me and took me to headwaters park and led me into the big fountain that is shaped like a triangle when the water was about to come on he took it off and all i could see was lights and water surrounding us (it was dark) he had flowers and my new wedding set that he bought me because our other ones were just plain bands and the swelling had gone down quite a bit in my left hand.

It was the most wonderful night ever