Sick and Tired

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Sick and Tired

Post by blackcat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm officially leaving, because I am tired of the way the community has slowly been turning into a downward spiral of flames and miscommications, and the abuse of the rating system is retarded.

I am not a bad person. If ANYONE has met me in real life, they know that I am a good sport, a happy person, and I get along with just about anyone. So, maybe online I come across different, but that is only because it is online and I don't want to take things seriously. I take things seriously in real life. I'm not even that bad online unless I am pushed far enough to be angry with someone.

Rusty, I would try to get along with you, if you didn't downrate every single post any of us make. Your husband is awesome, I like OrangeLounger a lot, and you have a cute son. But, everything I hear you say is just negative and it DRIVES ME INSANE!

Sorry for any micommunications in the Ft Wayne tournament thread...but people were doubting the ability for us to run tournaments, and the people on the other line were failing to answer anyones questions. There's no singling out anyone cuz everyone was to blame.

I'm just tired of all the flaming, and sorry if this is considered one, but I am sick of what IndyDDR has become. I used to come here and enjoy myself, and get along with everyone...but I can't do that anymore, cuz it seems like all anyone does now is bitch and downrate a stupid post that got them all offended.

Lock this if you must, but I can't just sit back and let all this fly, because I'm not a bad person. I'm really not. Most of the people that have downrated me haven't even met me in person. It's SO DIFFERENT. You have to trust me on this one, and I can have a hell of a lot of people back me up on this one.

I MISS THE OLD INDYDDR COMMUNITY. EVERYONE LIGHTEN UP AND BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:32 pm

you were nice, bye
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:37 pm

blue poop is 1337. agree many poopheads on boards. i like poop. can be frustrating at times but then you smoke poop and all is good man.. pass the poop pipe and relax and enjoy the poop fumes!

always remember.. serious poop r not serious!

Edit: LOVE YOU POTTER!!! HERMIONE WAS ME I WORE A DRESS FOR HALLOWEEN CUZ GURLS R SCARY LOL

jk man i have no idea who hermione is but she was funny lol
groovestats
<3 blackcat

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:03 pm

double post for extra lulz points!!!!!

Seriously though.. I'll back up the spirit of blackcat's post. She's frustrated that there's not enough love on indyddr. There's too much negativity. serious forum r way2 serious!

WHO WANTS AN ORC HUG???? :F

lulz.. i has a solution though!! this board needs....

mOaR KITTIES!!!!

groovestats
<3 blackcat

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 pm

I'll miss ya around the forums here, Katy. I'll be sure to keep in touch via AIM.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:I'll miss ya around the forums here, Katy. I'll be sure to keep in touch via AIM.
Duh :wink:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:39 pm

lol what

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:03 pm

As everyone knows I HATE being called out in threads. I think this is tacky and pointless, but I will entertain in the most POSITIVE way possible.

Rusty, I would try to get along with you, if you didn't downrate every single post any of us make

*looks back at posts* I do not downrate EVERY SINGLE post. I rate things how I feel they should be rated. If you post a flame, It will be rated poorly. If you post something that someone is down right retarded it will be down rated. If you post something meaningfull the community it will be uprated. The last boo rating you got from me was you were still not letting go of what the one guy said. He said he was sorry move on. Instead you had to post yet again and mentioning you would "try to get along with him at the ddr a thon" that is just fueling a fire. It is the internet get over it.

Oh and please define us?

and lastly on this subject what does it matter anyways for any bad rating you get, you usually have five or six people who uprate you and bash me or anyone else for the down rating. Get over it the rating system isn't that big of a deal..

Your husband is awesome, I like OrangeLounger a lot, and you have a cute son. But, everything I hear you say is just negative and it DRIVES ME INSANE!
Joe doesn't even know you. And yes my son is cute thank you for the compliment with him. I actually post in a lot of threads, and everything is not negative. I think it i stupid when people post pictures of a penis on the IndyDDR. I think it is stupid when people make fun of retarded kids on IndyDDR. I am entitled to my opinions just like anyone else.
Sorry for any micommunications in the Ft Wayne tournament thread...but people were doubting the ability for us to run tournaments, and the people on the other line were failing to answer anyones questions. There's no singling out anyone cuz everyone was to blame
I never doubted anyones ability. I never said anything negatively about the upcoming tournament. The old crew were thinking back i posted my thoughts. Then I asked if this tournament was cleared. I got a OMGGTFO that isn't how a tournament should be ran. If you can't handle constructive critism, and questions as simple as that. Then you really should think twice about posting about a tournament.
I MISS THE OLD INDYDDR COMMUNITY. EVERYONE LIGHTEN UP AND BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!

you know what.......... Me too. The one that was even before your time. you have been here what a year and a half maybe. This community has just gotten to big and branched out in other directions. Everyone has alliances. That is how it is going to be. Indyddr has become highschool esque` with it's cliques and drama. I hate it, that is why I've not been posting. People forget what is important and all they do is bitch and moan.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:21 pm

For the record, I know that Joe and I have never met and we don't know each other personally. He has been really nice to me on forums in the past, and he was the one that boosted me to Heavy with a good rating. I thank him for that. I think that Joe has made a lot of good posts, and that is why I said that I like him.

Maybe I just feel that the way you come across things is wrong. You do have a right to your opinion, but the way you come across to a lot of us is naggy and bitchy, and we don't really respond well to that. Maybe if you approached your opinion in a different manner, we wouldn't really have to flame really. We would hear your opinion, and answer to it accordingly.

It's like the famous quote, "You get what you give"? That is just how I look at it. If you bitch, people are going to bitch back at you. That's just the way it is...

I don't really know how old you are, but a lot of us are still teenagers or fairly young. I'm not going to judge because I don't know how old you are, but you have a son, which leads me to think you are motherly aged. I am 20, and yes I am still immature, a lot of us are. I realize when I grow up that I will have to take on new responsibilities, but I don't really have to lose my sense of humor, it just needs to change a little. I am not really willing to let go of that childhood yet of being immature and posting pictures of penises or vaginas as a joke. Like, maybe you don't find it funny, but there are people who do find it amusing, and I mean, it's an online forum, and we just don't really care. On forums, I just wish people would go with the flow and not try to ruin the flow by arguing why it is stupid and immature of us to be posting what we are posting.

I'm just tired of feeling like I'm the bad guy cuz I'm not. I'm tired of the bitching and complaining all the time. I know you have been around longer than I have, and I do believe that it was even better before my time
But like, I just don't understand how things got this bad...I just don't feel like a valuable poster here anymore, if everything I say is downrated. Same goes for Mike too, he is stating his opinion too, but apparently his opinions are downrated too.

Ugh I just want to go to a place on the internet where I don't have to feel serious and restricted all the time. One where I can talk freely and not get rated at all.
Last edited by blackcat on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:22 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:As everyone knows I HATE being called out in threads. I think this is tacky and pointless, but I will entertain in the most POSITIVE way possible.

blah blah 5 pages
LOL SUP DBV
groovestats
<3 blackcat

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:03 pm

Okay how about everyone just shut their pie holes before this gets into 4 or 5 pages of pointless crap before Brandon locks it. Forgive and forget. It's the damn internet, who cares really?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:28 pm

I glaze over threads like this. They accomplish nothing but instigating drama.

Katy, don't leave. Just ignore threads that piss you off.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Indy DDR has been a nesting ground for assholes, flames and retarded threads since I've been here, and that's since....oh, 2003 or so. I don't think that aspect has really changed all that much, we just have fewer active people than we did in the past. Although looking at some of the posts after your initial one in this thread, I do see some things that would personally piss me off if I were you...but, I've been there. Ironically, I'm still here, while 90% of the people who used to give me hell are long gone. People like that get bored if you ignore them.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm

IMO, the rating system isn't any indicator of who is a good poster or not, and thus if you get a bad rating you gotta keep in mind it won't affect you at all. It's kind of like out of 100 people walking by a famous painting, and 99 art critics appreciating it, and one hillbilly coming by and splattering beer and chicken wings on it because he didn't think it had enough Nascar in it. You can't dwell on that cuz his complaint didn't have much value. Do I think people (aka the one you mentioned) downrated you too much? Yeah, probably. I saw some of your downrated posts and felt like it wasn't deserved. Seems like some people are upset about vendettas and cliques but downrate people they don't like, falling right into the group of people they complain about.

There's a difference in being a sarcastic dick and a real dick, and as Katy said, pretty much everyone that knows me in real life knows I just have an "e-persona." Everything I say that's mean is usually sarcastic, or some random internet joke. In real life I am nice, I swear! I let Chad smooch me whenever he wants (which is always).

Like Fluffychumpkins said, don't leave because of one person abusing a system that doesn't really hold any weight to begin with.

Just remember, it was Jizzon that said it best! "IndyDDR - the stupidest forum on the net!" Don't let certain people ruin it for ya, ignore the people who don't have a sense of humor, and have a sense of humor yourself (not saying you don't, cuz I KNOW JOOOO, but internet can be a scary place).

Let the drama ensue!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Roit i think u are am inmatur poo-haed n u shuld go shot ppl on ur stopid shotin game