100 most memorable TV moments

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:50 am

BladeFist87 wrote:You said it GoR....

dancingqueen - regardless of what you are trying to do, you are dumbing down an act of war, which upsets me. Go find a verteran who was around in the WWII era and say "boo-hoo, remember pearl harbor?, boo-hoo" I bet you wouldent. It is a matter of respect. Now I can respect opinion on the subject (I actually feel the prof that made the comments on teh new a few weeks ago had a point) but you had better show reasoning and thought behind that statement, but just some "Its popular to hate America, so I will" bullshit wont cut it. Get your story straight.

/end rant
Act of war? You do realize we're in a war with Iraq right now, who had no connections whit 9/11 what so ever.

I can totaly respect what hes trying to say. He saying while it was a sad event, the media turned it into a freaking circus. They replayed the same ten images over and over again, for days and days. Even months afterwards, we still would hear about it. The media refused to let people move on.

And whatever happened to the tsunami? We don't hear a peep about that anymore.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:00 am

I think it's more or less the "Boo Hoo, some Americans Died" part of what Dancing Queen said that pissed people off. At least that's what mostly pissed me off. Those people weren't "Some Americans" to me, Atleast one of them wasn't.

But yeah, the Tsunami was litterally the deadliest natural disaster in recorded history. It's lucky to have gotten the attention it did.

Nobody really seemed to give a fuck when Brazil got hit with a hurricane last year. Lots of people died because a hurricane has NEVER formed in the south Atlantic before, and Brazil has never had to deal with one.

The news overlooks a lot of things, in favor of bullshit that they think is entertaining.

Sure, everbody knows that Ben Afflec(Sp) and Jennifer Lopez broke up. But nobody herd when Bobby Fisher resurfaced after "Disappearing" for years.

I don't know, the new is messed up.

ESPECIALLY Fox News.

For the love of God, don't watch Fox News.

Fox News is bullshit.

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:18 am

2 words. Wardrobe Malfunction. (for those of you who dont get that that was janet jacksons superbowl mistake/oops)(and thats more then 2 words now.)
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:20 am

That was not a memorable moment. That was retarded.

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:22 am

[quote="God Of Rock"]That was not a memorable moment. That was retarded.[/quote]

meh oh well i tried... :(
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:24 am

I know, nothing against you, just saying.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:13 pm

Not to hijack the thread again, but DQ has a point.

Thousands of people die everywhere in horrible, tragic ways, every single f-in day. Yet no one in America (at least that I've run into) sheds a tear for these people. Granted, it was a very horrible thing that happened, but seriously, get over it.

There's no point in getting pissy because someone expressed their views.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:25 pm

Hrmmmm I thought long and hard about what could be a memorable moment....

What about that one episode when Ellen "came out of the closet"? I forget the name of the episode, but all I know is that it is illegal for it to be aired anymore....
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image