Summer [Speedy Mix?]

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Summer [Speedy Mix?]

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:53 am

My school let out on Thursday, and so I've got a whole summer of possibilities of things to do. Some of the other schools in the district *Cough...Cbav* let out earlier than I did, and I know you kids in Bloomington have been out for awhile now.

Odds are, I'll probably end up working for a majority of it, taking pictures and writing stories for the Press, with the occasional DDR-related trip in there. I'm also looking at a few trips downtown for TBT, possibly camping out to see Transformers, and playing my guitar. I purchased an electric guitar about six weeks ago, and I'm starting to (barely) get the hang of it.

So, what are you planning on doing this summer?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 am

Well, I'm STILL not out of school, but I'm gonna be at my cousin's house for a month (which means, sadly, no DDR for a month :() and I hope to get some sort of job there, and I'll also be hopefully visiting my old friends in Missouri from before when I moved here.
Also, getting a car will be pretty tight :).

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Summer [Speedy Mix?]

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:34 am

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:possibly camping out to see Transformers
i lol'd
seriously if you're out for summer, go see it like, on a weekday during the day after it comes out, you'll pretty much have a private show and tickets will most likely be cheaper. At least that's how it is at every theater here.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Summer [Speedy Mix?]

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:56 am

OrangeLounger wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:possibly camping out to see Transformers
i lol'd
seriously if you're out for summer, go see it like, on a weekday during the day after it comes out, you'll pretty much have a private show and tickets will most likely be cheaper. At least that's how it is at every theater here.
As Confucius once said (I think), "it's not the destination, it's the journey."

The movie will probably be decent, but the main thing I'm trying to do is have some fun, something I can look back on when I'm older. Sitting out front in a lawn chair might attract some attention, and maybe I can play some stuff on guitar for money. I don't know. Anything but stay inside my house and do chores.

I guess I'm one for cheap thrills...that costs $11.50 a ticket.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 am

Damn that's why I go during the day, tickets here for matinee are like $4.50, then on Tuesday you can get popcorn for 50 cents...this being a pretty new theater, like not even 2 years old if I remember right.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:25 am

The cool thing about this theatre is they give free unlimited Icee refills. The only downside is that it's like $4.75, so you have to refill at least 3 times to get your money's worth. When I saw PotC 2, I filled 4 times before the movie began, and 5 times during.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:59 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:When I saw PotC 2, I filled 4 times before the movie began, and 5 times during.
You shoulda just camped out at the snack bar and kept getting refills, woulda been much more worthwhile than watching the movie. If we're thinking of the same theatre, you get free refills on popcorn too.

Transformers is gonna suck though :-\

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:16 am

TaQa wrote:Transformers is gonna suck though :-\
Yeah really, let's put story and the fact that in all the Transformers cartoons they could talk aside so we can make a hip new action movie for the summer.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:35 pm

I'll still be there for the 1st showing.