It's almost complete, we live in a military state.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Anybody intelligent enough realizes they can be as successful as they want, no failed education system involved. I myself am for all intent and purposes a "drop out", while I have multiple offers to run media production companies that would be opening later this summer, and offered internships at a couple local studios. Not a bill gates lifestyle, but I'm 16 and already have a path to start out on and a goal to work towards. Anybody can do this, if they just realize it.

you are pigeon-holing people and society. it is not a fixed system, go to school, get a job, be successful. yes, the masses do this without questioning anything. Other people require a higher level of mental stimulation and have figured out they can gain knowledge and understanding much easier on their own, or outside of the public school system at least.. A "different drummer" if you will.

when people working 9-5 mindless jobs they don't have a passion for, or in the armed forces (lol!) tell me I've wasted a good mind by dropping out, I laugh at the irony and ignorance. lol!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 pm

I would die in open rebellion before I was drafted to a conflict I don't believe in.
I have no problem with warfare, so long as I believe in the cause. Just because this nation engages itself in warfare, does not mean it's in the 'best interests of this nation.' Wars are waged by politicians for their own benefit, at the expense of the soldiers and the tax payers alike. It's been proven recently that the government will engage in war, regardless of whether the citizens of this nation (we the people, ya know) agree upon it.

Just because I didn't enlist does not make me any less a man, and if you want to argue that, you're welcome to seek me out. For the record, I DID plan on enlisting in the Marine Corp, with aspirations for recon and, perhaps, joining a rifle team as a sniper. I was still in highschool when the war in Iraq broke out, but as time went on, I realized the war was not what it was played out to be by the administration.
I WILL NOT fight a war to line the pockets of our politicians. I will not fight a war over propoganda (terrorism) that is no more tangible or threatening than it ever has been in the past.
Now, if say, Canada or Mexico made a military push into our borders, you'd better believe I'd march my ass to the front lines and defend this country. THAT is a tangible threat.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:26 pm

I love getting people fired up. It gives me some entertainment during the day.

Those of you who actually know me, should know I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone thinks. I've done too much, and seen too much to need an agreements from anyone on anything that I believe. They're all welcome to have these unnecessary discussion as they see fit.

Me playing the devil's advocate is just for my enjoyment. What I really think this nation needs, and what I think this society is...will remain my inside opinion. The only form my opinions will take is actions. I don't see the point in complaining if I'm not doing anything to try and change the situation, any situation.

I just find it fun is all. I dunno, maybe I'm just in line to be the next CaseyDidder. But who knows, maybe he was doing exactly what I'm doing....getting people fired up, because he knows that someone out there is always going to want the last word.
I have had my quarrels with Casey, but short of one subject, I found his posts to be entertaining.

I'm not concerned with whether someone doesn't like me. I don't need them to like me. I have plenty of people who know me, and know the person I am.

I don't need this thread or this index section for that matter. However, I have good friends in here, and the owner who happens to be a very good friend of mine (who better be coming to my wedding! ^_^ ).

One day, though, I will get bored. Until then...

OMG ROFL KMA !!!!!!!!!!!111ONE ^_^ :wink:

But I tell you what Potter, if YOU'RE ( good Chris? :D j/k) that upset and emo, I'll leave this thread. This thread has about as much importance as the second hair on my left pinkie toe.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:48 pm

upset and emo? jesus aspen you are completely ridiculous.

And Ill tell you one thing, Casey was a funny guy that got people like you riled up, and messed with them for the rest of the board to watch and laugh. ridiculous people like you. he also didn't have ass backwards opinions on what it means to be a "man" either. You will never amount whatsoever to casey and his just antics.

if this thread wasn't important to you, you wouldn't be typing multiple paragraph responses daily. thats alot of pinkie toe hair attention.

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:32 pm

I don't know what you're talking about, I write multiple paragraphs for my pinkie toe hair everyday...

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:58 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm tasty pinky toes
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:46 pm

aspen wrote: Me playing the devil's advocate is just for my enjoyment.
Might I suggest you get a hobby, before you step on the wrong person's toes. Instigating arguments is a good way to make enemies. And, whether you care about what someone thinks or not isn't going to stop them from kicking your ass if you run your mouth too much.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:41 pm

Just go duke it out already. You both seem to think yourselves top tier pugilists.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Just go duke it out already. You both seem to think yourselves top tier pugilists.
I doubt a fight between those two would involve boxing, at least not in the traditional sense.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:05 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Just go duke it out already. You both seem to think yourselves top tier pugilists.
I doubt a fight between those two would involve boxing, at least not in the traditional sense.
You mean like putting each other in boxes? I think that's about the only fight Aspen might lose.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:24 pm

I would watch a fight between these two on Pay-Per-View.

...and not one of the Pay-Per-Views that is $4.99 an hour.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:24 pm

I never said I would kick his ass, but there are plenty of people out there who don't take too kindly to being crossed. I don't concider the internet to be reason enough to fight over. Now, fuck with my friends, or touch my girl and I'm liable to break your neck. But this is a forum about DDR. Not exactly something to get riled up over.

And for the record, you shouldn't judge someone's prowess by how big they are. All the muscle mass in the world doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't move faster than your opponent.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:43 pm

Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:49 pm

Original Sin would win the fight he's got guns and samurai swords and stuff.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:50 pm

But what if the other side had guns and samurai swords and stuff?