Silent Hill 5, The RPG

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Good idea?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 7

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Silent Hill 5, The RPG

Post by Bionix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 am

You read it right! Me and 5 of my friend are creating a RPG bassed on Silent hill. The system as of now uses a D20 and percentile dice. Each Character also has to have a mental problem or is trying to find someone like #2. (I think it was 2 anyways). So character wise i will give you an example of what i am all about. One more note this was thought up on the fly so I apologie to all the Clue fans right hear and now.

Name: Reginald Wadsworth AKA: Wadsworth

Once a year on his B-Day he would take his obsesion with games, Clue in particular, and kill one person with a weapon from that game and each victim was wearing a color representing a peice from the game. So the first victim was killed with a rope in a ballroom and she was wearing red. I think you get the point for the rest of the murders. The interesting thing is i have a case of amnesia (Via #1 i think) so i dont remeber killing those people. Right now me and this rag tag group of people are trying to figure out why and whats up with silent hill.

Well we just played one sesion and it seems very cool now hopefuly if things go right we will try to send this into Konami and see what they think?

Any and all coments are apriciated but please try to be suportive. This is very new to all of us and we are making it up as we go along.
Warning incoming game!

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:21 am

It sounds like something neat to play among friends, but don't bother submitting it to Konami. Chances are they won't even look at it. Companies in the entertainment industry refuse to look at unsolicited proposals of anything as a form of protection against lawsuits. So play it for fun on your own, maybe post it on the web somewhere if you really want people to know about it and try it for themselves, but Konami or any RPG publishing company won't have anything to do with it.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:22 am

It's an interesting idea, and I myself was thinking of making a pen/paper/map type RPG based on silent hill like settings and ideas, though not actually silent hill itself, as that would be illegal to mass market. :wink:
However, if you need any assistance with anything related to silent hill, let me know....I've played all the games, and beaten all but the latest. I have a couple silent hill like scenarios as well that could easily be applied to an RPG.

If you're trying to capture the feel of Silent Hill, I'd suggest making most of the combat, if there is any, melee based, and keep fire arms with very limited ammunition to keep the tension the game held.
Would this game be played in a D&D style, or something else? It's an interesting idea.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Original Sin wrote: Would this game be played in a D&D style, or something else? It's an interesting idea.

If you mean the hit system then it uses a D20 to hit then a percent to see if you fumble or not. Then if you want to do a Full power hit the percent chance get harder and you might hurt yourself or your friends.
Warning incoming game!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:11 pm

If you roll a 1 do you hit yourself instead? :wink:
I always thought that was kinda funny.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:30 am

The worse you roll on the D20 the greater your chance is to fumble with the percent dice.
Warning incoming game!

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:10 am

I donno, you might be better off with Call of Chuthulu, only slap a Silent Hill spin on it.

I donno, just my opinion.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:12 am

Alright kids, big scary monster jumps out of the closet at you...Roll your insanity checks. :D