Dreams...and the discussion of them

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Dreams...and the discussion of them

Post by Fagulous » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:19 pm

Following suit with aspens containment threads, I figured why not. Just talk about your dreams or analyze others, just for fun.
Last edited by Fagulous on Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:27 pm

I had this dream I was walking through a graveyard, it had the standard B-movie fog effect, and most of the grave stones were really wide white granite and very ornate.

It was night time, but there wasn't a star in the sky, or even the moon for that matter, instead random illuminated stained glass windows were hovering in the air.

Towards nearing the edge of the graveyard I hear children playing and look behind me. Yup children, then I notice a winding staircase leading down into the ground.

I walk down the steps which lead into a giant movie theather lobby. I buy a ticket for "Exsistance Explained" and some pop-corn.

Oh crap its a foreign movie with no subtitles, but I watched it with the same fasinated curiosty as I do the spanish channel.

From what I remember the cinematography was wonderful. :roll:

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:17 pm

The other night I had a dream that I was making out with some other guy. Like, for some reason, we were just talking and he was like "aww you're so funny." So we went back to my dorm room and made out on my bed, and like my friends (all of whom know my boyfriend) knocked on the door and I was like freaking out.
And the worst part is that I know the guy that I was making out with. And it really freaked me out. Because I don't want to cheat on my boyfriend. But apparently my subconscious wants to or something, which is way too creepy. Or maybe that wasn't the point of the dream, I don't know, because I've always thought the guy that I made out with was really skeezy. Plus I don't think I'm his type anyway.

Blah. So that's my dream.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:35 pm

most of my dreams are too screwed up to post here....well, i'll post two of them... think of them what you will... interpret them if you want.

1-22-2005

this dream starts off with me taking part in some kind of festival. Everyone’s scared for their lives, because an electrical storm threatens everything. Late in the night I’m asked to get something from some room, and I go, but something happens that makes me hurry. The next day I’m drugged and thrown down into a basement… apparently everyone wants me to not have a chance at surviving this storm. The drugs don’t have any effect though, and I get up and grab a steel pipe that’s just lying around.

I take the pipe upstairs and yell at the person who drugged me. I get told to put the pipe back downstairs, and I do so. Here’s when the storm hits. I’m sitting at my computer, and I look out my window to see lightning strike a pole directly outside the house. I turn my computer off, and leave the room. The electrical storm gets worse, raining and tearing down my room, as I’m right outside the door. I hear the electrical surge powering my stereo, producing static and a tiny bit of noise. I run back into the room, to grab my PC before it becomes victim, but when I get into the room, it’s gone... I just slide to the end of my room and look over the side, but it’s not there either. This is where it ends.
---------------------------------
08.12/08.13.2004

The dream starts out with me in the middle of some kind of event, and I do something that kills a bad guy, thus saving the world.

Next day, no recognition, no one believes me, I just head back to college and return to an everyday normal life. I vaguely remember Matt (life of x) being there, as well as my friends, and some other people I didn’t know. Around Halloween we go to Karma, which in town looks way different than it ever did. It now more closely resembles a huge department store, and at the same time, it has hallways and stuff which remind me of a haunted house I went to when I was little. Somewhere along the line, we get attacked by a …navy recruiter. Somehow I got 21 college emails I needed to check, and the navy guy came up to me and said something like “does reading those things better your life?” I replied with something like “No, but the navy sure as hell won’t better my life.” After this, the guy backed down.

Next, we discover a simulation where it’s a haunted house, but they pretend to kill you, you run like all the old horror films, etc. I watch a couple people do it… but they don’t seem to get back up after they are “killed.” Of course the teenagers down by a makeshift beach weren’t going to do anything. It was their job to sit there and watch people run away from some fake maniac, except the maniac seemed to be real. I decided to try and stop the guy, and went through the house. Walked through it, and at one point a bucket of fake blood was poured on me a-la Carrie style. This must’ve been the fake killing. Afterwards, cue the knife wielding maniac, as he chased me out of the house and down the back yard to the makeshift beach.
I ran through the people, before turning around to see how far away he was, and falling backwards to the ground. I was pounced and stabbed... but the knife didn’t cut me. I must’ve missed the real killer. This guy was just doing his job.

No dice here, I decided to go home and try it again the next day. The next day, I go through it again, but there’s no bucket of blood. The real guy jumps out IN FRONT of me and cuts me across the arm and chest. I kick him aside and run out the back. This guy’s face… wasn’t quite a face at all. He didn’t really look human. So here I am, running, bleeding to death, watching these teens point and laugh, like it’s their job… since it is their job… as I run out past them, and fall into the ocean. Soon after the demon-ish thing jumps into the air, and lands in the water near me, but jumps back out and attempts it again. No dice, he explodes in mid-air, as my perspective becomes a 128bit dreamcast graphics version of this area. Apparently saltwater isn’t good for the thing.

So afterwards I crawl out of the ocean, Matt returns, as do my other friends. Everyone’s looking at me like they’ve just seen a ghost. “Did you see that? Did you fucking see that? I just saved the world again. Twice in one day, damnit!” They kind of look at me like "WTF?" and ask me why I’m bleeding profusely.

Again, no recognition, no anything. Before I awoke, I started wondering if I actually had saved the world or not. After all, my entire viewpoint went video game-ish for a minute.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:16 am

i have reoccuring dreams a lot

its actually kinda fun typing in a search on google for dream interpretation and looking them up.. Do it if ya get the chance sometime.

For a while I was having somewhat similar dreams in one when my dad died he left somethin behind or something that was worth a lot of money so this lady is like after me trying to shoot me.,,

In one,, My dad was alive and my mom had like died,, and my dad was in the process of adopting some kid who's parents were dead

and another one my dad got shot
...weird. thats all ir emember of that one

and then i have those dreams where everythings hunky dory and yeah.

But every now and then i'll have a couple days where i dream about the same thing over and over again...
and usually thats it ^^^

I have a lot of dreams about planes and tornados too
~*Erica*~

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:21 am

My dreams hardly ever make sense. They're usually little bits and pieces of events that blend together almost seemlessly, which makes them very difficult to remember and comprehend. However, I've also learned that hidden inside my dreams are clues to things that are happening or will happen in my life. For a while, I had dreams where I would lose teeth, or they were lose, or something along those lines. Turns out, I had a lot of cavities I didn't know about...I got that fixed, and I had no more dreams involving my teeth.

As for an actual dream I've had, one of the few in recent history I've actually been able to follow semi-coherently and remember...well, it's strange, and at the time, was very disturbing. So, I'll share.

It was a pretty typical, sunny summer day, and I recall being near my grandpa's house a little ways away. Things were very silent hill ish, and I believe I was looking for someone, while trying to avoid this other...thing, that I figure was trying to kill me. This wasn't really scary, but there was a strange feeling around me.
Now, it gets kind of blurry in my memory, but the next 'scene' has me, with a girl, who I figure is the person I was looking for. I think she's a girl that used to live near me a long time ago, but I don't know why she was there. I must have forgotten that part....Anyway, we're inside my grandpa's neighbors house, and there's like this old fashioned elevator type thing that we get in, and it takes us through this glass-like tube down into the ground. I can see things in the dirt, that look like corpses, and I vividly remember a disfigured, mangled hand. Anyway, we pass the hand, and come out of the ground (going down, like hole to china style) and we're near my house. The sky, so to speak, are houses and subburbs, but we keep going down, through some clouds, and wind up on the ground, again, but right side up this time. We get out, and go inside this house, that has the door open....I think it was her house. I felt like we were supposed to be relieved, but we go inside, and instantly something feels wrong. Very wrong. I make a right past the foyer and go into the bathroom, turning on the light. She comes in behind me, and I pull open the shower curtain....inside, there's blood smeared all through the bathtub, and what looks like a scalp and bits of hair. There's a hat hung over the shower head.... The girl says "Oh my god, David!" which I remember vividly, but I don't know what it means. I woke up with a sick, almost insane kind of feeling, and was incredibly paranoid, and had this fear that someone was going to kill me, but I don't know why.

Anyway....that's one. I havn't made sense of it yet, and the girl in the dream, I havn't seen since middle school. Nor do I know anyone named David that knew her, so....::shrugs:: I dunno. :?

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:45 pm

I think this is fairly self explanitory.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:11 pm

TaQa wrote:Image

I think this is fairly self explanitory.
Of course it is..

and wait, do wet dreams belong here or in the sex thread?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:31 pm

I can lucid dream, so whenever I'm in a dream, it ends up going however I want it.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Now casey please stop bein an ass and posting horrible ratings on everyones post.
kthxbai.
~*Erica*~

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:00 pm

Erica6924 wrote:Now casey please stop bein an ass and posting horrible ratings on everyones post.
kthxbai.
I've posted a rating like 3 times get over it. that post fucking sucked jus like this one.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:23 pm

Last night I dreamt I was at work and I was peeing on everything. Even customers, I'd be all like "Hello how are you?" *pee* They didn't seem to mind though.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:25 am

I don't really ever remember my dreams, which sucks. But one time, I woke up, and found out that apparently, while I was asleep, I attached my toilet plunger to my bedroom floor with at least a quater roll of duct-tape.
Signatures sure are awesome.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:41 am

the other night, I had a dream that for some reason, I was flying in a plane. I think it was one of those little prop planes that had like 20 seats in it maybe. But anyway, I had it on auto-pilot or something, because it was flying itself and I was the only person in it, and I had gone back to sit in the cabin. Anyway, I started thinking a lot, and then the next thing I know it, the plane keeps increasing in altitude, and I want down. The dream ends with me going into the cockpit to try and figure out how to land the plane.

Freaky. Perhaps it was simply a commentary on the fact that I think my life is controlled by other forces besides my own right now.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:53 pm

I had this dream about on of my ex-boyfriends the other night.

He was lying on my friends kitchen table, squealing like a little piggy. My friend's mom was standing over him with a cleaver, and started to cut him up into little cubed chunks.

Me and my friend were bored so we amused ourselves by throwing the little bits of flesh into Paul's(my friend's 8 year old brother) open mouth.

Suddenly Paul started giggling like a crazy retard, as torrents of shit started rapidly running down his thigh. It started filling the room, and me and my friend jumped on top of some table to avoid it.

It was quite a sight too, some of the undigested chunks of gore, made the poo flood look like brownie mix with white chocolate chunks in it.

His mom stormed into the room all piss off and she started screaming, "GOD DAMMIT I TOLD YOU NOT TO FEED PAUL RECONSTITUITED PORK!!!!"

So we had to shovel it into trash bags, and we drove off to some dessert to burn it, and we danced around the flames.

Teh end-