[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Merk wrote:Riot I literally roll around in a big pile of money in my empty apartment at least twice a week. Money is not an issue and I'll get you some cash as discussed, but please keep in mind that this weekend is Valentine's day weekend and you know how that can be. My wallet is going to rick barrs. Her birthday was last weekend too so uh.... yeah. Holla holla get dollas. I can get you at least SOME cash after this weekend. I'll get paid on the 19th and I can finish off whatever debt then. Tell me when you'll be in Indianapolis and I can hand deliver this shit.

But anyway back to the topic at hand. I take it IU was all like, "WAIILL, WE DUNNA GIT DAT MONEY FROM DUH GUVMENT AND CREAN WANTS HALF A MILLION SO WE'RE GONNA DUMP DAT MONEY IN DA BIDNESS EDUMACATION FACTRY AN DUH RUTHE MIDuhLER CLOSET RACIST MULTEE-COMPLEX HUNTIN AND SPORTIN ARENA." and said that you'd be on your own when it comes to actually fucking getting to these schools? What would they have said if you told them you had no car?
lol you crack me up

but yeah whenever (soonish) is fine. If I said I have no car they say "can someone else drive him?" They're honestly really disorganized and don't know what's going on half the time, can be really annoying. It's stupid, the undergrads get priority for Bloomington because apparently there's more chance they don't have a car, and us grad students who pay a crapload get placed an hour away. But whateverrrrrrrr, I'm done April 2nd.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 pm

IU, disorganized? Color my shocked.

That was internet sarcasm.

What if no one could have taken you there? Did you sign any sort of contract when joining this program? Was there any notice that there would be extra expenses for this course? What I'm getting at is it's complete bullcrap that you have to bear the full cost, gas and vehicle wear and tear, to get to a school that is in a completely different town that has no major road to it. There are plenty of schools in Bloomington ALONE where you could student teach, not to mention there are closer towns than Columbus, like oh I don't know, MARTINSVILLE, that have schools. I understand that you enjoy your school, it sounds unique and I'm happy for you, but IU is definitely getting a free ride in a situation that I think warrants some compensation.

But oh well. That's the story of secondary education. They have the gall to fucking feel entitled to your money and blow it on programs and facilities that are the flavor of the week for the trustees. I feel for you Riot. The only comfort I can give is the knowledge that the real world is much more accommodating, honest, and civil.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, well I mean there were 60 or so of us in the program, so realistically we all couldn't have fit in Bloomington very well (well we could have, but oh well). But there are lots of other undergrad student teachers, so maybe not.... but still, yeah we could be closer. There's really no heads up about extra costs either. I agree we should get help out since our $9000 for the program went... well, who knows. The whole program kind of plays each situation as it comes up without much foresight.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm

I see. Well, you've got a resume builder and it sounds like you can easily score a position at this school when the program wraps up. There's some merit in that I suppose, is it worth the obscene amount of money? Short-run, no. Long-run, definitely. I tell ya, when I was out there looking for work I would have sucked a thousand dicks to have a stable full-time job. You won't have the nine months of worrying if your college experience had been a waste and if you're doomed to a menial life of dependence and dead-end job searches only to settle into some $24k a year career because you honestly can't afford to be picky.

How IU justifies $10,000 for this "opportunity" is beyond me. I'll admit I don't know the details, but it sounds like a glorified match maker. But I'm sure there's some rich banker out there who has written a thesis on how you can get away with charging thousands for these types of programs and universities eat it up while students grin and bear it because honestly what else would they do?

Sigh, I have nothing else to add really. Riot I've enjoyed this little chatty session of ours and I feel like I've learned something about myself from this conversation. You, indyDDR, and the Starcraft II beta have brightened up what would otherwise be an average day. Thank you.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Well the program is basically a super accelerated way to get a teaching license, which you need to get a teaching job. It's the same stuff that most undergrads go 4 years for, but it's for people with a Bachelor's degree who want to teach their subject, and then you have to take the most essential 5 or 6 classes and complete student teaching. I guess the fees come from all the classes and stuff, but it's still a lot in my opinion. Oh well!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 am

Body building program startingggggggggg yesterday.

On my 21st birthday.

No I didn't go to the bars.

SHOCKER.

Oh yeah, and that means ITG is pretty much gone for now. CARDIO BURNS CALORIES FASTER THAN I CAN EAT EMMMMM.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 am

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. No one quits ITG, NO ONE.

That's cool that you didn't drink on your 21st though.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 am

Dave I could have sworn you were going to say something about R21.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 am

SDP, when your children turn 21 and they ask you what sort of crazy shenanigans you did on your 21st birthday in an attempt to seek guidance and renew the awkward young adult - fatherly bond you are going to tell them you spent it doing a military press while bonging power shakes.

You only live once, Mr Polaris.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

I just realized this account on indyDDR has been active for five years.

Is this the longest living iteration of IndyDDR?

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 am

Quite possibly. I took a look at mine and I'm surprised I've been here this long, jesus.
Props to Brian for keeping the site up this long - regardless of it's low traffic, I still find myself checking it regularly.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

This place does pretty well for itself for being an extremely niche website in a fairly unpopulated state. It used to be a lot more fucking active, but of course DDR used to also be a lot more popular too. I don't have any numbers obviously as far as traffic goes, but I would really be interested in knowing when indyDDR was its most active.

Thanks Ho for keeping this shit going even though you probably burnt out on all of this long ago.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Merk wrote:I just realized this account on indyDDR has been active for five years.

Is this the longest living iteration of IndyDDR?
http://www.indyddr.com/forums/memberlis ... memberlist

we all joined the same day lul
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm

I wonder why. Were we all F5ing the shit out of indyDDR.com in early February of '05?

I can't remember, was there some sort of announcement a few days before the forums went back up? I want to say there was, there had to have been something since like twenty people all signed up on the same day.

I was probably getting ready to go to class or something at IU, popped onto IndyDDR because that's what I've always done, fist-pumped when the forums came back, and typey-type-typed away on an internet forum. Fuck man living in Read was baller back in the day. Good times

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEyIGLRqW0

My friend phoon making people rage in CS because he is one of the best bunnyhoppers in the game and flies around the map before the enemies even get to their spots lol. Some crazy jumps towards the end.