[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:59 pm

In music game related news I bought Beat Saber for my VR headset and downloaded like 200 custom songs including a bunch of DDR songs and dis game fun as hell

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:19 am

Ya gotta be real mindful with your hands! The two songs I played I remember struggling a bit because I would naturally tilt my wrist up to do a downward motion (like I was holding a real sword) and the game would interpret that tilt as an up swipe and I'd miss my little note for swiping the wrong direction!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:49 am

I still, even after all these years, check this site every day even though I know there will never be a new post lol

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:00 pm

lol same

if this site ever dies so will I
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am

click my Y A N D E X sexy yandex for u

push https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqOEr_yfak[url][/url] 4 ur YANDEX fill u bigboi

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 am

you gon get wetttt
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:32 pm
http://saltybet.com/

The greatest. Bet on random characters auto-play fighting each other.
Oh hey they've released a new Saltybet but this time you can gamble on random Final Fantasy Tactics matches: https://www.twitch.tv/fftbattleground

"""
This is an automated stream pitting squads of four AI-controlled units against eachother!
Right now, it's merely a single-elimination tournament featuring eight teams: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, White, Black, Purple and Brown.
The winner of the tournament then earns the right to challenge the Champion team to become the next Champion!

Betting is also implemented, similar to SaltyBet and TwitchPlaysPokemon! You may place a wager on each match.
Each Twitch account starts with 1000G, and cannot fall below 100G (200G if you're a sub). Right now, G is used only for a couple things and bragging rights, but you will be able to do more with it later on!
The stream will match bets on one side up to 250G, so you can earn a bit of gil even if viewer population is currently low.
"""

Man Final Fantasy Tactics was a good game! It's a god damn shame no one has ever released anything like it - all those GBA spiritual sequels weren't very good! Give me exploitable mechanics and goofy anime political intrigue story lines all day.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Saw Brennon playing a game on Steam called Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Reviews say it's a very similar spiritual successor to FFT. Tactical RPG, jobs, mature story, etc. Worth a look!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:17 pm

I set up a DJ booth in my basement and have been messing around with effects. Most of the SDVX stuff you can do with any ol' DJ controller. Did you know that a lot of DJ equipment is made in Nippon? I didn't! I'm a piece of shit!

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Tell me, how does one DJ? Is it more involved than setting up a laptop and pressing the play button on WinAmp?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 pm

I've been practicing for about 2 months now, so I'm definitely qualified to answer all questions.

If you want to mix tracks together, you'll need something more than an MP3 player. At its core, all you really need is something that can play two channels of MP3s and control the volume and pitch of each. Many manufacturers are going to market with basic intro controllers.
https://www.amazon.com/Hercules-DJCONTR ... 015SW7FV6/
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DJ-Smart ... ref=sr_1_3

Controllers are nice for the same reason they're nice in videogames. It's easier to do the things you want with faders, knobs, and buttons than with a mouse and keyboard.

The rest of DJing is the 'art' side. Understanding how to move from key to key, using samples, adding fx, adjusting equalizers, scratching, playing to an audience, and wearing a gimmicky lightup helmet.

TBH it's pretty fun. I can mess around for an hour or two and not really get bored. Trying to blend tracks in interesting ways is surprisingly gratifying. The hardest part has been building up a library of MP3s to mix with. Spotify made me overreliant on streaming.

I just built my first booth. Here's what I used if you want to set up one for yourself.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pxv ... d1B3E/edit#

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:39 am

I have some DJ equipment laying around if you need some additional pro gear

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:29 pm

When we say DJ, we don't mean Diaper Jockey.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 am

It's a shame DJ Hero never took off

Hell it's a shame that US IIDX never took off but at least we got an actual good ass home controller out of it

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:54 pm

I got to try this out the other day.
https://www.tribexr.com/

Instructional VR is interesting. I guess you could learn how to do just about anything without having the actual object in front of you. Flight simulators have been around for a long time, but there are still plenty of things that cost > $500 that someone might want to see if they enjoy.