[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:53 am

Amp Divorax wrote: the interrogations done by the US don't involve the president directly so it could be a case of somebody being overzealous and Bush doesn't want to answer for actions he didn't order.
He may not have ordered it directly, but that doesn't mean he's not aware of it (even if he is completely aware of the closest icecream truck.) If he didn't approve of it, he could take steps to put an end to it, but so far I haven't heard anything of that nature. Even if it wasn't his order, he's obviously aware of it happening now, so he could do something if he felt it was wrong. Even if it was getting rid of those responsible, or working towards new protocol.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Hahaha!

Suck it.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:41 am

aww no way! my brother emailed me about it the other day, oh well, it's twice as ridiculous now

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:05 am

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:39 am

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:20 pm

it's thundering

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 pm

And our sliding glass door is leaking. Yeah, our apartment sucks. :?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 am

Sometimes a day passes and you're totally unaware of it.

:hoy many losties can you fit on a boat?:
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Anyone who's big into photography, I'm looking for a better camera for my journalistic career. For the most part, I've made do with a crappy Kodak Easyshare 4.0 MP entry-level camera. It sucked, and the camera finally died outside of warranty. I figured that instead of dropping $150 on another camera like Kodak's, I should look at something better that will take much better pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Q ... F8&s=photo

Would that suffice?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:38 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:Anyone who's big into photography, I'm looking for a better camera for my journalistic career. For the most part, I've made do with a crappy Kodak Easyshare 4.0 MP entry-level camera. It sucked, and the camera finally died outside of warranty. I figured that instead of dropping $150 on another camera like Kodak's, I should look at something better that will take much better pictures.

Would that suffice?
The Rebel (even the XT) is leaps and bounds above your Kodak point and shoot. Digital SLR is definitely the way to go. No person pursuing anything involving professional photography would even consider a point and shoot.

I shoot with a Nikon D50 and I love it. I've got friends with D70s who say both are comparable.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:50 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:Anyone who's big into photography, I'm looking for a better camera for my journalistic career. For the most part, I've made do with a crappy Kodak Easyshare 4.0 MP entry-level camera. It sucked, and the camera finally died outside of warranty. I figured that instead of dropping $150 on another camera like Kodak's, I should look at something better that will take much better pictures.

Would that suffice?
The Rebel (even the XT) is leaps and bounds above your Kodak point and shoot. Digital SLR is definitely the way to go. No person pursuing anything involving professional photography would even consider a point and shoot.

I shoot with a Nikon D50 and I love it. I've got friends with D70s who say both are comparable.

I was going to suggest A pentax k100d, it's what I shoot with, but the canon is equal quality and pretty hot. just don't go with a d40 for the love of god. its like the come to daddy of dslrs
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:I shoot with a Nikon D50 and I love it. I've got friends with D70s who say both are comparable.
We use D70s for the school journalism projects (which have to stay at school), so I'm looking for something well worth the investment that will last me 5+ years. Ideally, the camera would never stop working and I'd keep shooting with it until I keel over and die, but I understand all electronics have some lifetime range.

What would you put as the "lifespan" of the camera I listed, pending I take proper care of it and whatnot? Also, do you know anywhere I could get this camera or pay in monthly installments? I'm not sure if I have $450+ upfront, so monthly payments would be awesome.

edit: This looks like the best price for the Canon I'm looking for: http://www.wilddigital.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=3572597. I just wish I could pay it off for like $25 a month for 16 months.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:06 pm

or just save $25 a month for 16 months, 16 months ago

indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."