[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:04 am

Cbav wrote:Cobalt Flux or Blueshark?

Is the CF completely flat? I don't want a pad that feels anything like an Afterburner. (the panels were squishy)
definitely blueshark, i've tried them both

hey! i have a blueshark for sale actually!

;)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Cbav wrote:Cobalt Flux or Blueshark?

Is the CF completely flat? I don't want a pad that feels anything like an Afterburner. (the panels were squishy)
CF is completely flat. I'd go Blueshark from what I've heard.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 pm

Do the panels on the CF squish when you press on them - similar to an AfterBurner?

Also, i've seen the width of a Blueshark's panels and you'd think they wouldn't even squish down, just be completely solid, but i've seen some videos of it look squishy at times. I want solid panels

Tony i might be interested in your blueshark more if you'd make a video showing it off more. :wink: closeup shots and different angles would be excellent so i can see the whole thing. :P
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Cbav wrote:Do the panels on the CF squish when you press on them - similar to an AfterBurner?

Also, i've seen the width of a Blueshark's panels and you'd think they wouldn't even squish down, just be completely solid, but i've seen some videos of it look squishy at times. I want solid panels

Tony i might be interested in your blueshark more if you'd make a video showing it off more. :wink: closeup shots and different angles would be excellent so i can see the whole thing. :P
CF is like stepping on a hard floor. Nearly 0 bending and no squish.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:30 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Cbav wrote:Do the panels on the CF squish when you press on them - similar to an AfterBurner?

CF is like stepping on a hard floor. Nearly 0 bending and no squish.
yeah i'll make a stompy vid on my CF in the next couple days if i get a chance, if not it'll have to wait til after xmas

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:57 am

cool. I think I might actually like the CF better, since all the other metal pads I've played on are "REAL-ARCADE-FEEL!" and feel absolutely nothing like an arcade - Due to squishyness and many obstructions between panels. I would assume the Blueshark would just be bulky and a pain to play on. I still want to try one out though.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:46 am

Cbav wrote: all the other metal pads I've played on are "REAL-ARCADE-FEEL!" and feel absolutely nothing like an arcade - Due to squishyness and many obstructions between panels.
hm? which ones are you talking about and have you played on an afterburner :O

wow wtf... i seriously logged in as bigbadorc just now and then posted and OHAI! I R BLACKCAT! :shock:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:30 am

Personally, I do believe that the only way to match the arcade feel is to make your own platform. The second best way though is the blueshark as it does attempt to recreate the arcade right down to the sensors. Both CF and BlueShark are durable though so you usually don't have to worry about them dying. Personally I'm a CF fan as I've owned mine for almost 3 and a half years now with no problems.

Also, stop denouncing CFs for being all flat when an Arcade Style Mod Kit has been available for almost 2 and a half years now! The sheer dismay I feel about seeing that statement can only be shared with an ASCII facepalm:

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Yayyyyy
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:17 pm

all right cbav... i am very interested in selling you the blueshark, therefore i will make a video demonstrating it's sexiness today for you.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:25 am

So yesterday, a couple of guys (some of which I know) were out in a public park / woods playing with Airsoft guns and wearing Camo. Someone freaked out and called 911, and our ingenious police department went over and nearly shot them all down.

lol

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:27 am

blackcat wrote:
Cbav wrote: all the other metal pads I've played on are "REAL-ARCADE-FEEL!" and feel absolutely nothing like an arcade - Due to squishyness and many obstructions between panels.
hm? which ones are you talking about and have you played on an afterburner :O
Yeah I used to own an afterburner.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:55 am

Cbav wrote:So yesterday, a couple of guys (some of which I know) were out in a public park / woods playing with Airsoft guns and wearing Camo. Someone freaked out and called 911, and our ingenious police department went over and nearly shot them all down.

lol
happens all the time. your lucky they didn't come in full SWAT with helicopters, happened before and they shot the kids
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:55 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Yayyyyy

IM OLDDD GREGGG
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 am

People who tool around in hulking, big-ass sport utility vehicles have been getting dissed a lot
lately, but no one has raked them over the coals like the people who sold them the SUVs in the
first place. The multibillion-dollar auto industry does extensive research into its customers, and
lately that research has focused quite a bit on the people who buy SUVs.
Investigative reporter Keith Bradsher of the New York Times has looked into the SUV
phenomenon for years. He's read marketing reports meant only to be seen within the industry;
he's interviewed marketing executives from the car companies and from outside research firms.
The industry has come to some unflattering conclusions about the people who buy its SUVs. As
summarized by Bradsher:
They tend to be people who are insecure and vain. They are frequently nervous about their
marriages and uncomfortable about parenthood. They often lack confidence in their
driving skills. Above all, they are apt to be self-centered and self-absorbed, with little
interest in their neighbors and communities....
They are more restless, more sybaritic, and less social than most Americans are. They tend
to like fine restaurants a lot more than off-road driving, seldom go to church and have
limited interest in doing volunteer work to help others.