[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Green Tea wrote:if memory serves me right.... there were two hooligans that vandalized my car last summer....

viewtopic.php?p=19153#19153

you should feel guilty for hurting my baby! :cry:

No, im pretty sure that was when you just got a little , to, excited to hear about We <3 Katamari, and NCAA 06 coming out in the same year...told ya you shoulda brought a towel... u_u

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:32 pm

seveneleven wrote:No, im pretty sure that was when you just got a little , to, excited to hear about We <3 Katamari, and NCAA 06 coming out in the same year...told ya you shoulda brought a towel... u_u
There's a specific picture I know either you or erin took (I have it too but I'm not going to post it) that could reaffirm your statements :D.

On a random note.... I NEED THESE BASTARDS TO LEAVE THE LAB I'M WORKING IN SO I CAN PLAY MY GUITAR.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Blaze
Standard
Standard

Post by Blaze » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:17 am

I've been up for 2 hours and did an hour and a half of chem homework T_T

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Blaze wrote:I've been up for 2 hours and did an hour and a half of chem homework T_T
I've been working since 9:00 on looking at wonderful squiggly lines that tell me the spins of hydrogen electrons... and I can't find a stupid match on the database :( I feel your pain

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:25 pm

WHY DOES THE REVOLUTION NEVER GET LOVE

am i the only person that cares?
insert code compile execute return

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:33 pm

SAM: Because everybody else thinks it's sort of sad that the best thing Nintendo has going for it for NEXT generation is classic OLD games. Keywords: NEXT, OLD. Also, because since the last generation, nobody has taken Nintendo seriously in the home console market...the fact is, there's too many graphics and FPS whores out there to appreciate the fun, light-heartedness of most Nintendo games. And probably some people are getting tired of having Mario have at least a cameo role in 99.9% of Nintendo games. And plus, it's probably going to be the last one to market for the next gen, even though it'll have the worst tech specs (most likely).

-Dan

P.S. Can someone tell me how the scoring works on ITG 2? Cuz it seems really confusing and I might be playing on it soon and I want to be able to interpret my pwnz0r score.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:20 pm

dance1005 wrote:SAM: Because everybody else thinks it's sort of sad that the best thing Nintendo has going for it for NEXT generation is classic OLD games. Keywords: NEXT, OLD.
I think it's still far too early to be deciding what either the PS3 or the Revolution "has going for it". Seriously, at least wait until the damn things are released before passing judgement on them.
dance1005 wrote:Also, because since the last generation, nobody has taken Nintendo seriously in the home console market...the fact is, there's too many graphics and FPS whores out there to appreciate the fun, light-heartedness of most Nintendo games.
No, it's just that the incessant ranting and whining of said graphics/FPS whores tends to overshadow the more civilized gamers who do appreciate Nintendo.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:09 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:I think it's still far too early to be deciding what either the PS3 or the Revolution "has going for it". Seriously, at least wait until the damn things are released before passing judgement on them.
that's what i mean! we don't even know anything about the revolution because nintendo hasn't said anything. instantly it's a failure even though they haven't had a formal unveiling.....it blows my mind.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:10 pm

sam wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote:I think it's still far too early to be deciding what either the PS3 or the Revolution "has going for it". Seriously, at least wait until the damn things are released before passing judgement on them.
that's what i mean! we don't even know anything about the revolution because nintendo hasn't said anything. instantly it's a failure even though they haven't had a formal unveiling.....it blows my mind.
I had no problem passing judgement on it until they finally released specs on the controller shell. Now I'll just have to wait and see what sort of games they bring out for it.

I don't get graphic whores either, maybe I'm old fashion, but I remember it being easier the find games that were fun back in the day of SNES. Sure most of them were basically the same game over and over again with a different paint jobs, but so are most games today.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:15 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:
dance1005 wrote:Also, because since the last generation, nobody has taken Nintendo seriously in the home console market...the fact is, there's too many graphics and FPS whores out there to appreciate the fun, light-heartedness of most Nintendo games.
No, it's just that the incessant ranting and whining of said graphics/FPS whores tends to overshadow the more civilized gamers who do appreciate Nintendo.
Two words: Katamari Damacy

A simple game with graphics some deem horrible.... but gameplay is so innovative people love it. This is where nintendo excels... they make innovative gameplay, it might not always have the highest of technology, but it is ALWAYS guaranteed fun... some examples..... mario kart, it's not Gran Turismo.... but I love the hell out of it. Mario Party, extremely fun especially with a group of friends, Earthbound amazing RPG, Punch Out with winking tyson, and one of the top on the list... Zelda.

Gamers and people who were once gamers will always revere this games and remember what made nintendo who they are today. They are the ones who created the console market. Atari/colecovision/intellivison/etc were unoriginal and got to be horribly boring, when nintendo jumped in with the famicom and Mario.... never.... ever.... disrespect mario.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:07 am

Not all of us FPS fans whine about graphics. I love my oldschool games just as much as my FPS games. Hell, I booted up Chrono Trigger just the other day...why? Because it's fun.
I'm not a fan of Nintendo, and haven't been since since gamecube. I just haven't enjoyed any games they've put out. Granted, I haven't played all of them, but the gamecube control was...not my style, and I didn't see any games that appealed to me that I couldn't get on the systems I already had.

Nothing against nintendo, it's just hasn't been my style. Some people enjoy it, so good for them. The entire VG market can't be blood and guts.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:13 am

Sam, I'm not trying to diss Nintendo, and I agree that we don't know anything for certain. But, you'll have to agree that what I said (about the classic games and the worst specs) is likely true. I'm not dissing Nintendo, and I like fun colorful games (Me <3 Katamari), but if you're looking at it from the view of (I hate to say MOST, but) many people, Nintendo has fallen behind. Hell, I may even buy a Revolution (at least before I buy a PS3) just for the old games and any new Katamari-style games they may come up with...don't know if I'm digging the remote control controller though lol...it's creative, I'll give it that much!

-Dan

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:34 pm

gamecube actually had the best videocard out of the last generation. Unlike the nvidia gpu it was made solely for vector processing and had a much faster texture caching speed than the nvidia gpu. Compare Metroid to any game from Microsoft at the same time and you'll see the difference in texturing. Nintendo's programming methods completely changed how maps were designed on xbox.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:48 pm

I actually have played metroid for GC... I was extremely impressed with the graphics on it. GC is technologically superior to both Xbox and PS3, however people tend to only associate nintendo with cartoonish games. There are a couple games on the GC that are freaky. one for example: Eternal Darkness.... it actually has a meter on the side for your sanity, and as you lose your sanity, things that you see start to change... I've seen this game before and it is creepy.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:10 pm

Eternal Darkness sounds like fun, but I think I'll stick with my Silent Hill, when I feel like playing.

Had to switch from playing my GameCube to playing my PS2, though. There just isn't a lot that's offered for GameCube (which has already been brought up), and I prefer the massive selection that I have with Playstation.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.