[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Well that article did say

"Polygon has recently announced that an unnamed source has indicated to them that there is indeed a MvC4 coming. This anonymous source secretly disclosed that an announcement for the title will be made at Playstation Experience in a few days"

Whatever the eff that means
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Riot wrote:guys the rumors were already started when the dude made that stuff, it didn't START the rumors. yes that image is fake but I'm gonna call the shot:

-new Marvel VS Capcom game revealed at PSX Saturday afternoon during their keynote. Might not even be called MvC4, will be heavily inspired by all the new cinematic universe people. Might even be 2v2 with a dedicated assist like the old VS. games
-Playable demo or exhibition after SF5 Capcom Cup finals Saturday night
-UMvC3 remastered/port for PS4 made by Iron Galaxy (studio who made Third Strike Online and all the other online remasters). 1 more year of MvC3 at EVO, MvC4 comes out in November

you heard it here folks

MvC Infinite - gameplay tonight after Capcom Cup. Looked 2v2 from trailer (assuming a dedicated assist slot). Mega Man X in there ayyyy! Seemed like some kind of gem/powerup thing going on like in the game Marvel Super Heroes. Probably to tie into Infinity Gauntlet and gems from the next movie storyline. We'll see. edit from their website: Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.

UMvC3 port available TODAY on ps4. wooohooOOOoOoOoo 1080p 60fps, PC release later in March fuuuu that's what I wanted. But don't wanna wait.

also SF5 Akuma looked sick and it had the outline of the next season of characters. Will have to wait to see a screengrab of it and some analysis.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am

Calling it now, MVCI is gonna be bad. The gameplay doesn't look fast-paced or crazy like the other MvC games and this Infinty Gem bullshit sounds suspiciously like Street Fighter x Tekken and we all know that that game was fucking garbage from the ground up.

You heard it here first.

Can't wait for the classic Akuma costume to get released because hooooooooly shit. But yeah, I don't try to fret about cosmetic shit, we'll see how he plays and if reversal teleport is super broken in this game or not.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 am

Ugh.... The more I think about 2v2 with a dedicated assist the more upset I get. MvC games are fun because of the utter nonsense that gets thrown together but instead it sounds like we're getting some standard super serious Street Fighter style bullhockey and any chance of Marvel-esque hype for this game has been stamped out from the muddafuddin jump.

Yeah sure it's too early to tell but God dammit, it's fun to speculate and be so fucking hyperbolic and negative and talk about how awful everything is because everything 2016 Disney and 2016 Capcom touches turns to rust. I'm just saying, neither of them have a good track record and I don't have a lot of confidence that anyone can make a good fucking game anymore. Big corpo and development-by-committee has ruined this God damn planet.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 am

Merk wrote:Ugh.... The more I think about 2v2 with a dedicated assist the more upset I get. MvC games are fun because of the utter nonsense that gets thrown together but instead it sounds like we're getting some standard super serious Street Fighter style bullhockey and any chance of Marvel-esque hype for this game has been stamped out from the muddafuddin jump.

Yeah sure it's too early to tell but God dammit, it's fun to speculate and be so fucking hyperbolic and negative and talk about how awful everything is because everything 2016 Disney and 2016 Capcom touches turns to rust. I'm just saying, neither of them have a good track record and I don't have a lot of confidence that anyone can make a good fucking game anymore. Big corpo and development-by-committee has ruined this God damn planet.

All joking aside my reaction to MvC Infinity has just been a simple meh and the last fighting game that did excite me was Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Also, part of me figured this was inevitable due to Disney Interactive Studios ceasing all in-house game development and publishing in favor of third party deals like this earlier this year. I do hope it learned from the mistakes of MvC3 though. (On Disc DLC and an ultimate release that really didn't make much sense really hurt that game to me.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Amp Divorax wrote: All joking aside my reaction to MvC Infinity has just been a simple meh and the last fighting game that did excite me was Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Also, part of me figured this was inevitable due to Disney Interactive Studios ceasing all in-house game development and publishing in favor of third party deals like this earlier this year. I do hope it learned from the mistakes of MvC3 though. (On Disc DLC and an ultimate release that really didn't make much sense really hurt that game to me.)
Well this game looks a lot like Tatsunoku mixed with the older Marvel fighting games. Not a huge fan of the art style so far but it's still early and there's a lot of shader work that could make it better. I will miss an actual assist character, but it sounds like the infinity stone will perform a similar role (and some kind of x-factor replacement too). Even in MvC3 though, I felt like I actually PLAYED 1 or 2 characters well and my 3rd was just an assist button for them - if it came down to him I was pretty screwed.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:38 am

Just make another 3rd Strike, Capcom, and all will be forgiven.

Parrying is hands down the best mechanic to ever be brought to fighting games.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Merk wrote:Parrying is hands down the best mechanic to ever be brought to fighting games.
THIS! It's so fun to use that against fireball spammers.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Slackercowgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Slackercowgirl » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:42 am

Wow people still use this thing??

#ICan'tDanceWithoutArrows

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:27 am

Truck yeah we do. Who, may I ask, is this?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 am

stefanie, joseph powell's (chocobojoes) ex(non-ex?) girl ya dangus
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:12 am

Oh, uh, welcome back!

How are things?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:55 am

Couldn't remember you old login? :)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 am

Aaaayyyy! You still out there stomping on some arrows?