lol The Drunk Thread lol

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:47 pm

I got drunk with Spazz a few years ago...in a hotel...and he found me at the ice machine, I thought it was a game and you won ice.

Then there was this one time that I was tripping and swore Satan was in my house baking cookies. (long time ago)

Then there was this other time that my best friend Lizzie got stuck in her brother's window while we were sneaking in. We had to wake Adam up to help us out.

I have many more. So far though I've been sober since Thanksgiving! Yay! Oh and I haven't done any drugs since like I was 17.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:21 pm

Doing DMT and experiencing the afterlife sounds pretty interesting to me, if you're willing to share then by all means go ahead.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:37 pm

first i must prefix this story with a warning:

if you're going to try a new drug ALWAYS read up as much as you can on it. just because someone's experience seems cool doesn't make it ok to try. there are many resources out there most notibly http://www.erowid.org

so i had been getting really heavy into this relm of drugs categorized as research chemicals. these drugs were invented mostly by a man named Alexander Shulgin. there are hundreds of these drugs and they all have different aspects to tripping. i had tried around 20 different ones at the time and was looking for a real 'trip'. most of these chemicals are visual and auditory hallucinations and provide little introspection. in nature there is a drug n,n-dmt which occurs in lots of places. the south americans mix the bark of a tree with a MAOI to create what is known as Ayahuasca and trip between 10-20 hours on what can only be described as the most introspective mind fuck possible. nothing prepares you for it. dmt is THE MOST powerful hallucinogen alkaloid that occurs in nature. It's released by your penial gland (also known as the third eye) when you sleep, is used in conception to determine the sex of the zygote as well as when you die DMT is flooded into your brain as a last-effort safety mechanism to releive you from stress. this is what causes what many people to have 'out of body experiences' or blinding light etc.

so having read up on this i wanted to see what these shamans see and i wanted to see what was so amazing about it. up until this point i had never had a trouble tripping and had tripped well over 100 times. i had created my own dmt by doing what's called an acid/base extraction and ended up with this yellow-tinted hunk of crystals. i weighed out what was thought to be 150mg (first mistake) and put it into an oil burner.

i started vaporizing the drug and let the vapors build up in the oil burner until the entire amount of substance was vaporized (second mistake). once completed i sat on a bed of pillows i had constructed and proceeded to enhale the substance. it can only be described as like smoking burning plastic. it tasted awful. that was insignificant though, as i had passed out within about 30 seconds.

around here things get hazy but all i remember was being in nothing. but it wasn't nothing so to say, things existed but not physically. just what i can only really describe as "the idea that is passed on through communication"

like for instance, this post probably makes me look like a drugged out moron. which i was at the time. but i wouldn't see "me" in this nothingness, i saw the idea of a drugged out moron labeled as sam.

in this nothingness i could see my life like a cutting board, all the different ideas of who i was, who my friends were over time etc. i ran into the existance of my step father who died when i was 10 and had a conversation with him.

after a while of being stuck in limbo i eventually woke up from being passed out. it wasn't a sudden waking, things would become fathomable. first i opened my eyes and all i could see was a nebula in the room. from this nebula stars were being born and going flying out through the walls. then my feet came into existance. i could understand what my feet were and gave them a wiggle. over time my body started coming back and after about 10 minutes i said something to my friend. "This is...this is the one"

after about 15 minutes the hallucinations had subsided and i was back to reality. it was odd though, i was not back to 'baseline' as people who trip put it when the hallucinogen has worn off. it felt more like i had awoken for the first time in my life. like i was really alive. to this day i still haven't really reached "baseline". dmt had changed me for good.

truthfully i kinda regret doing the dmt. it can only be described as a psychadelical kick in the nuts. i was nowhere near ready for it, even after all the tripping i had done and i don't think mentally i could have been prepared for what all i went through any point in my life. it really changed my perspective on life in the fact that i realized life is worth living and it's stupid to sit at home all day and play computers or whatever else that's antisocial. i went from being completely introverted to almost being fully extroverted. now i can't stand not doing anything. if i stay at my apartment all day i will go stir crazy and get annoyed with the littlest things.

also note, dmt is NOT a research chemical.
insert code compile execute return

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:51 pm

0.o
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:0.o
sam wrote:i think i'd scare the living shit out of everyone here.
:?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:59 pm

fail thread is fail
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 pm

sam wrote:first i must prefix this story with a warning:

if you're going to try a new drug ALWAYS read up as much as you can on it. just because someone's experience seems cool doesn't make it ok to try. there are many resources out there most notibly http://www.erowid.org

so i had been getting really heavy into this relm of drugs categorized as research chemicals. these drugs were invented mostly by a man named Alexander Shulgin. there are hundreds of these drugs and they all have different aspects to tripping. i had tried around 20 different ones at the time and was looking for a real 'trip'. most of these chemicals are visual and auditory hallucinations and provide little introspection. in nature there is a drug n,n-dmt which occurs in lots of places. the south americans mix the bark of a tree with a MAOI to create what is known as Ayahuasca and trip between 10-20 hours on what can only be described as the most introspective mind fuck possible. nothing prepares you for it. dmt is THE MOST powerful hallucinogen alkaloid that occurs in nature. It's released by your penial gland (also known as the third eye) when you sleep, is used in conception to determine the sex of the zygote as well as when you die DMT is flooded into your brain as a last-effort safety mechanism to releive you from stress. this is what causes what many people to have 'out of body experiences' or blinding light etc.

so having read up on this i wanted to see what these shamans see and i wanted to see what was so amazing about it. up until this point i had never had a trouble tripping and had tripped well over 100 times. i had created my own dmt by doing what's called an acid/base extraction and ended up with this yellow-tinted hunk of crystals. i weighed out what was thought to be 150mg (first mistake) and put it into an oil burner.

i started vaporizing the drug and let the vapors build up in the oil burner until the entire amount of substance was vaporized (second mistake). once completed i sat on a bed of pillows i had constructed and proceeded to enhale the substance. it can only be described as like smoking burning plastic. it tasted awful. that was insignificant though, as i had passed out within about 30 seconds.

around here things get hazy but all i remember was being in nothing. but it wasn't nothing so to say, things existed but not physically. just what i can only really describe as "the idea that is passed on through communication"

like for instance, this post probably makes me look like a drugged out moron. which i was at the time. but i wouldn't see "me" in this nothingness, i saw the idea of a drugged out moron labeled as sam.

in this nothingness i could see my life like a cutting board, all the different ideas of who i was, who my friends were over time etc. i ran into the existance of my step father who died when i was 10 and had a conversation with him.

after a while of being stuck in limbo i eventually woke up from being passed out. it wasn't a sudden waking, things would become fathomable. first i opened my eyes and all i could see was a nebula in the room. from this nebula stars were being born and going flying out through the walls. then my feet came into existance. i could understand what my feet were and gave them a wiggle. over time my body started coming back and after about 10 minutes i said something to my friend. "This is...this is the one"

after about 15 minutes the hallucinations had subsided and i was back to reality. it was odd though, i was not back to 'baseline' as people who trip put it when the hallucinogen has worn off. it felt more like i had awoken for the first time in my life. like i was really alive. to this day i still haven't really reached "baseline". dmt had changed me for good.

truthfully i kinda regret doing the dmt. it can only be described as a psychadelical kick in the nuts. i was nowhere near ready for it, even after all the tripping i had done and i don't think mentally i could have been prepared for what all i went through any point in my life. it really changed my perspective on life in the fact that i realized life is worth living and it's stupid to sit at home all day and play computers or whatever else that's antisocial. i went from being completely introverted to almost being fully extroverted. now i can't stand not doing anything. if i stay at my apartment all day i will go stir crazy and get annoyed with the littlest things.

also note, dmt is NOT a research chemical.
A+, would read again.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:17 am

Riot wrote:Image
QFE
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 am

I've read that naturally occuring hallucinogens like DMT may be partially responsible for the birth of some religions. I forget the substances off hand (but I think one of them is DMT), but one is said to give visions of heaven and creation, while the other can give terrifying visions of a biblical-esque Hell. Sam would know more about that than I do, though, if what I read has any merit what so ever.

Personally, I haven't done much. When I get drunk, I get kinda silly. I've had a conversation with a potted plant, and I often lose track of time.

Beyond that, I drink absinthe from time to time. Not as much as I used to, but at the height of my useage I found myself wandering around the neighboring subdivision at night, while it was raining. Why?
Apparently the streetlights in contrast with the trees in the dark were fascinating, and the rain falling through the trees sounded absolutely amazing.
I wasn't drunk, either. I never drank absinthe in large amounts...the hangovers are brutal.
At another point, I decided to drive home in the fog after drinking a small amount. I was freaking out, because it looked like there were figures moving in the fog around the car. Pretty creepy.

I smoke salvia from time to time. Interesting substance, especially concidering it's legal. The most intense experience I had, I was alone at night, and I lit some candles with the lights out, to see how I would percieve it.
I took a strong hit, and within about 15 seconds I was losing motor control, so I just slumped back against my desk and relaxed.
I remember finding myself sitting in an red brick alley, slumped against the wall by a lot of black garbage bags. It was raining, and I remember feeling the rain, and I remember hearing it as it fell against the rusty, metal fire escapes between the buildings.

that was pretty exceptional as far as salvia goes, at least from my usual experiences. I typically have subtle visions, and lots of introspective thoughts about the world and the people in my life.
I find it hard to gather my thoughts about the experience though. Ironically enough, my most vivid memory from a salvia trip is me, telling myself 'This is cool, but I won't remember it.' Heh, and of course, that's the only thing I remember with any clarity.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Okay okay guys, listen up. There was this one time I snorted methalphabetasecticide because I wanted to see how high it could take my soul. So I set up my stuffed animals in a circle around me, making sure Mr. Snuffleboots was directly ahead so he could protect me if something went wrong. So I snorted in the stuff for a good two minutes straight, and that's when I felt all my limbs go numb. I saw myself spasming but I couldn't feel it, it was so trippy.

About this time, I was freaking out. My teddy bears all started to swirl around me, and I heard them laughing but I was scared they were laughing at me and not with me. Then this door of light opened from the ceiling, and these stairs unfurled and called to me. They said something like "Scott, the chosen time is now." It was dark, and I remember it felt cold. Like deathly cold. LIKE FUCKING DEATH SCARY NIGHTMARE COLD.

And then I climbed the stairs, and woke up in New Mexico.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Riot wrote:And then I climbed the stairs, and woke up in New Mexico.

LITTLE MONSTERS IS WIN MOVIE
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Riot wrote:Okay okay guys, listen up. There was this one time I snorted methalphabetasecticide because I wanted to see how high it could take my soul. So I set up my stuffed animals in a circle around me, making sure Mr. Snuffleboots was directly ahead so he could protect me if something went wrong. So I snorted in the stuff for a good two minutes straight, and that's when I felt all my limbs go numb. I saw myself spasming but I couldn't feel it, it was so trippy.

About this time, I was freaking out. My teddy bears all started to swirl around me, and I heard them laughing but I was scared they were laughing at me and not with me. Then this door of light opened from the ceiling, and these stairs unfurled and called to me. They said something like "Scott, the chosen time is now." It was dark, and I remember it felt cold. Like deathly cold. LIKE FUCKING DEATH SCARY NIGHTMARE COLD.

And then I climbed the stairs, and woke up in New Mexico.
wow so mature :roll:

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:46 pm

dmt has played a huge role in tribes in south america as well as africa. there are two different kinds of dmt, n,n-dmt and 5-meo-dmt. the 5-meo version is MUCH stronger as it bonds directly to seratonin receptors rather than disrupting signals as they transfer across signal transduction pathways.

the 5-meo version is usually made into a snuff which is a mixture of a root bark and lyme powder. it is called 'cohoba' by tribes and is loaded into what americans know as a snuff rocket and is then 'shot' up the nose by a shaman. it is a very painful feeling and results in a very intense trip which lasts around 10 hours. tribes use the snuff as a coming of man ritual where a boy becomes an adult. the person undergoing this trip is told to think about their life and understand what it is to be a man. it is a group ritual where everyone in the tribe will dance infront of a fire to bring the demons out of the person so they can confront them to truely be a man.

a man on discovery channel actually went through this ritual in a series known as going tribal. it is quite interesting to watch. personally i will never do it.

n,n-dmt is brewed into what's known as ayahuasca. i could explain it but wikipedia does quite a good job at that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Taking drugs is so much more mature than me. :(