Hitchhiker's Guide to the Glaxy trailer released

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

LikeableRodent

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Glaxy trailer released

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:19 pm

For those of you that are a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy, the movie trailer was just released on Amazon.com

For the life of me I don't know why they released it as a flash movie, but here's the link directly to it.

While watching it I was looking for references to 42, then I realized it was being released on April, 29. (4/29).

Also, the older teaser trailer can be found here

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:56 pm

I'm excited about this movie, although I haven't gotten around to reading the "trilogy" yet. I've heard good things about the books, so I'll definately go see the movie.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:25 pm

I have a british tv version of the first book, it's quite interesting.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:20 pm

Looks like fun.

And I'm amused that they decided to drag out the most overused clip of movie soundtrack music (from Aliens) for yet another trailer.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:57 pm

Speaking of which, I've noticed a couple movies recently that borrow songs from other movies for their trailers, for instance I remember one recent trailer using songs the I remember from The Matrix.

I'm not sure if I should chalk it up to those songs just being really good or the studios trying to save time and money. It's probalby a little of both.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:23 am

It's a very common practice to use soundtrack music from other movies in trailers. I've noticed it a lot over the years. It's just that that particular clip from Aliens gets used...A LOT!

Most likely the soundtrack music for the movie being advertised isn't complete yet or something they can pull off the shelf just works better within the trailer.