Black Expo

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Black Expo

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:58 pm

Yeah, no comment.

I hope natural selection gets alot of these self segregating assholes. Everything alot of people have fought for over the years is just getting poured down the drain. Apparently there's even a thing called "Real Nigga' Radio". MLK and alot of others are rolling in their graves as we speak.

CigerettzNMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CigerettzNMusic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:19 pm

man thats not really chill dude relax and smoke and have fun dude

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Black Expo

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:38 pm

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:MLK and alot of others are rollin on twentyfo's as we speak.
fixed

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:40 pm

Screw that shit. I agree with this guy.

Ok. In case some of you don't know, I AM black. And as far as I'm concerned, Black Expo is, without question, the BIGGEST waste of time I've ever seen in my whole life. I couldn't even drive home tonight without a bunch of stupid niggers(Yeah, I said that) hollering at me to turn my trance down, as if they were the fucking law.

Seriously, every year, it's the same fucking thing. The EXPO itself is actually good, it's when you get outside that sucks. If you don't fit the "style" of all the "Black" people out there, or if you're just "White", they'll come down on you. Some will even try to start shit with you just for kicks.

I think the Black expo should be replaced be the Culture Expo. What's that? That means that people of all cultures get together, learn and appreciate each other, and then gettogether and get along like decent human being, rather than a bunch of NIGGERS getting together, thinking it's there weekend to do whatever the hell they want, mostly at the risk of being arrested, might I add.

Simply put: Fuck the Expo.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:44 pm

I love you Matt. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:28 am

Exactly what I think, Matt. I second the Culture Expo idea. :D

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:55 am

I've never gotten the appeal of the Black Expo, or others like it. I've also never attended it, so I don't really know what to think of it, but what you describe makes me vaguely uncomfortable - it sounds like people who feel (rightly or wrongly) that they're still the victims of racism are trying for revenge by showing that they, too, can be racist bastards.

I'm sort of curious about the Black Expo, but I've never had the courage to go. Even around here I have people I don't know walk up to me and complain about the gall I have to wear African clothing despite not being African or African-American, to listen to a Kanye West CD despite not being black, etc., so I imagine I'd get lynched there. What exactly do they DO?

I kinda like the idea of a Culture Expo, since it would give us all a chance to learn about some of the neat ideas that come from traditions other than our own (of which there are always many). As for my part, I'll get some of my friends to drive out from NC and we can teach the lot of you to sing in Tsalagi. :wink:

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:51 am

Arka wrote:I'm sort of curious about the Black Expo, but I've never had the courage to go. Even around here I have people I don't know walk up to me and complain about the gall I have to wear African clothing despite not being African or African-American, to listen to a Kanye West CD despite not being black, etc., so I imagine I'd get lynched there. What exactly do they DO?
The expo is actually not just for Black people, it's free for anyone to go to. It's for people to learn different tidbits of info about "Black" culture. I used to attend it because I liked learning about where 60% of me came from(I'm also indian and Scottish....or Irish).

The reason I don't go anymore? Too stereotypical. Like you guys already said, it pains me to see all the rights that Black people fought for turn into this. they fought for equality, but still shun what they call "White" people, and make up excuses like "Revenge for slavery", or "We get oppressed". I don't really see how. The "Race" game ended years ago. I don't belive in any other race except the HUMAN race.

That's why we desperatly need a culture expo. I don't think people realize that the more we do this to each other, the sooner the world will eventually destroy itself.

As for wha they do. Not really much except a bunch of taunting. Best thing to do is try your dammedest to ignore them, which, trust me, is difficult for all.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:36 am

The X wrote:I don't belive in any other race except the HUMAN race.
I couldn't really say it any better than that.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:41 am

malictus wrote:
Seconded.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:56 am

Ho wrote:
malictus wrote:
Seconded.
Thirded.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:26 am

tenthded
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:55 am

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Ho wrote:
malictus wrote: I couldn't really say it any better than that.
Seconded.
Thirded.
Fourthed (plus epsilon, for Potter).

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Arka wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Ho wrote: Seconded.
Thirded.
Fourthed (plus epsilon, for Potter).
We don't usually count Potter, no matter what his opinion is.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:31 pm

Potter beats you in importance no matter what he says.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."